About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d930e7a75c03507a4845c9dd991beb41Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Hawaii - West Oahu Light Parade 12/11/2010

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Asia/Pacific -> Hawaii Outpost -> Hawaii Outpost Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (0)

(1)

User Registered Confirmed
User Registered Confirmed
oldman808Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:00 am
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: Hawaii - West Oahu Light Parade 12/11/2010 Reply with quote

The Pacific Outpost 501st Legion would like to invite the Rebel Legion to two events in December.

1) West Oahu Electric Light Parade, 12/11/2010, Saturday
Meet by 4:30 pm at the Kapolei Fair Grounds (Farrington Hwy and Fort Barrette Rd)
5:30 pm parade line-up, 6:00 pm parade start
Parking is available at the parade start
Bathroom facilities will be available at parade start
Parade is approximately one mile long, at the end we will take a break before walking back to the parade start.

Please have your interested members contact me for attendance or if they have any questions.

Thank you,
Tory
808-221-9036
TK-7432
Commanding Officer
Pacific Outpost, 501st Legion
www.pac501.net

------------------------------

As instructed above, please contact Tory for more information. Please post here as well with the RL approved costumes you have to offer and if you are signing up to participate. Since the 501st is organizing this parade, if you have several costumes to offer you may want to ask Tory what the preference is for the parade.

All "Formal" level Rebel Legion costumes are OK. "Informal" costumes would need approval by Tory who is coordinating the event.

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes

Last edited by Kay_Dee (Kathy) on Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kalbuir (Daniel Ben)
Hawaii Outpost XO
Hawaii Outpost XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will also be attending this event, In my Jedi

Thanks

daniel
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kalbuir wrote:
I will also be attending this event, In my Jedi

Thanks

daniel

That will be great! Just be sure to let Tory know Smile

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how did the light parade go? Who attended from the Rebel Legion? Any photos or stories to share Smile

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
oldman808 (Chris)
Hawaii Outpost CO
Hawaii Outpost CO

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Kay_Dee,
Sorry it took so long to reply, i am still kind of feeling out the forums here. If you are still wanting to know how the event went, it was a BLAST!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Even though i attended as my clone, Kal Buir, Jay Tee, And WetOkole attended as Jedi. From the sound of it, the reception they got was outstanding. I heard a lot of "Ohhhh Look! Jedi!!! You rule!!!"

Kind of made me wish i wore my jedi that day as well, because i could not see with the amount the visor fogged up. Hahaha Laughing Laughing

I shall let the others tell what happened, because i was pretty much miserable walking (LoL).
Here are some pictures:

Waiting:

Admiring Knyte's lights:

starting out:

Almost done:

After Group:

Buckets off:

Just to let you know, i believe there was a couple thousand people that attended this parade. It is steadily growing over the years, and it is a really fun one. Aloha, and i hope you enjoy the pictures.

Mr. Green Mr. Green
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! Thanks so much for the photos and quick report! And don't forget, Clone Troopers are part of the Rebel Legion too - so be proud of your troops in armor too Smile If you think about it 99.9% of their role has been as "Good Guy." How many Clone Wars episodes are there now?

So your participation as either a Clone Trooper or a Jedi is always appreciated. Well done!

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
WetOkole ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Chris,

Thanks for posting the pics...I am too sorta lost with the RL forums compared to the 501st!

I wish there were more pics of us in our Jedi gear from that night but I was very happy with the few that were posted!

Tory made the 3 of us walk in the back of the 501st but when there were times when Vader walked up and posed with the crowd, well Kalbuir and I ran from the back all the way to front just to get that extra excitement...eventually it worked and the crowd here was loving it!!

I look forward to this years parade and I hope our new CO (501st) invites the RL to all of the 501st events!
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WetOkole wrote:
Hey Chris,

Thanks for posting the pics...I am too sorta lost with the RL forums compared to the 501st!

I wish there were more pics of us in our Jedi gear from that night but I was very happy with the few that were posted!

Tory made the 3 of us walk in the back of the 501st but when there were times when Vader walked up and posed with the crowd, well Kalbuir and I ran from the back all the way to front just to get that extra excitement...eventually it worked and the crowd here was loving it!!

I look forward to this years parade and I hope our new CO (501st) invites the RL to all of the 501st events!

Don't you know the back of the group is the best spot? Haha! One of our members who dresses as old Ben in the light parade just soaks up the spotlight as the last person, and goes up to the kids, posing for photos. Smile He doesn't need to keep firmly in line as those of us do who are at the front Wink

You know, the good guys do win, so they are the grande finale.

When the RL is in front of the 501st at the parades here in California, we joke it is because the 501st took us all captive Wink

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
oldman808 (Chris)
Hawaii Outpost CO
Hawaii Outpost CO

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha.
You know it is funny you say that. 2 years ago, when Billy attended the parade as Han Solo, he was in the back, and was saying to the crowd:

"Yep, I did it, caught them all. Move along, move along."

The crowd was eating it up!!

Cool Cool
Kalbuir (Daniel Ben)
Hawaii Outpost XO
Hawaii Outpost XO

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:01 am    Post subject: Light Parade Reply with quote

This was my very first light parade and had a blast. It was nice being able to move around, unlike my clone Smile. We had a good time shaking hands and taking pictures with the crowd.

Funny thing happened, We also attended the Toy for Tots as Jedi's and a family came up to me and said we saw you at the parade and was hoping to find us. Pretty cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Asia/Pacific -> Hawaii Outpost -> Hawaii Outpost Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: