About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=b0ef5778651a61a44c9250731cc24e13Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

A-Wing from Austria
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> A- Wing Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Okami Dai ()
Alpine Outpost CO
Alpine Outpost CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: A-Wing from Austria Reply with quote

Hey pilots out there!
I´d like to join the rebels in their fight against the empire with my A-Wing fighter from the Austrian Outer Rim sector...
Unfortunatly I have problems with posting my pictures (I´m doing it the same way as told by some others, but it doesn´t work!), so I ´d like to invite you to have a look in the Outer Rim forum, topic "How to open an outpost". There you can find one!!! working link to my pilot equipment as it looks like as far as now.
I hope the overall will come next week, then the costume should be complete.
I would be glad to get some feedback...
Best wishes from the Austrian alps,
O.D.
Okami Dai ()
Alpine Outpost CO
Alpine Outpost CO

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Fabio said: Almost there...

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_Y9lPx31GKjA/TNBRdm6x6ZI/AAAAAAAAACI/zkBbCVcaajQ/s512/A-Wing%20Equipment.JPG[img]

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_Y9lPx31GKjA/TM-3r7rXxYI/AAAAAAAAABA/G1FK0pUJymM/s128/DSC00659.JPG[/img]

The overall is the first version with wrong pockets, the face is unfortunatly ....me!
But visit the Outer Rim forum anyway...
O.D.
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The second URL doesn't work. However, judging by the first one your outfit seems to be coming along very nicely. Your chestbox and flak vest look very good!

B-wing Pilot - Anomid Jedi

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Banshee Leader wrote:
The second URL doesn't work.

He just messed up on the Image tags.

If I may:

The second pic is very small though. It's hard to see the details of your suit, but everything in the first pic looks good.
Smile
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lookin good. Awing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
HazardThree (Jon Paulson)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lookng very nice, can't wait to see it in the costume queue!

Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I can see in the smaller picture... It looks like the black belt buckle is in the front. As far as I know, I think it goes in the back. It looks like the belt might just be backwards as it looks like the belt flares are on the left side instead of the right, too.
But I can't tell for certain. The black in the smaller image could just be a shadow, it's so tiny I can't really see.

I'd love to see a better, larger picture of the outfit, though. From what I can tell it's looking great.

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GhostRider01 (Luis Alejandro Mendoza)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a better view of a good work

Okami Dai wrote:
Well, I´m sorry for the face...

I still have to work on my posting skills

Formely Know as Sgt. Siul Azendom
Okami Dai ()
Alpine Outpost CO
Alpine Outpost CO

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the belt...
The buckle is in the front, an the flares are on my left side, thats right. As the flares are "optional" and cannot be seen in the movies I thought it wouldn´t be important on what side they are fixed. The "flare-belt" is shown on an exhibition picture, together with the Y-Wing helmet and (as I think) a Y-Wing ejection harness. The picture also shows a black box on the belt as it is used by Y-Wingers for plugging the hose in it, well, thats what I think. The harness also shows silver metal "sliders"( don´t know the correct word) for lenght regulation.
All those items cannot be seen in the movie, e.g. the briefing room or the hangar scenes.
So I decided to mix it up a little bit for creating a better look, I already have the black belt box, but as it is not seen in the movie I dont want to use it.
But I think to change the flare´s side because of a more "practical" reason: the hose is fixed to the suit on the left side, an sitting in a narrow cockpit (or somewhere else) it could be difficult to get one of those flares when the hose hangs around on the same side.
For me the black buckle is correct in the front as can be seen in the movie.
I think when putting together the pieces for this exhibition they messed some things up but hey, its only fictional anyway, isn´t it?
I´m looking forward to get my "green one" back and to send some new pictures of the completed version for registration!
Luis, thanks for helping out with the pic...
O.D.
I think
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The outfit does look very good. I think your outfit it shaping up to be one of the most accurate A-Wingers yet. Smile

I didn't remember A-Wing pilots having the black belt buckle in the front in the movies, but I could be wrong. I just don't really recall. Maybe I just assumed it was in the back because it looks like A-Wing pilots have the exact same belt as the B-Wing pilots (or very close to it), and they have the buckle in the back, and the flares on the right. Though for that matter it could have been different from pilot-to-pilot... As we can see in Return of the Jedi there was a lot of variation between the same types of pilot.

But yeah, like you mentioned, in the exhibit photos the A-Wing pilot does have a black "belt box" thingy. Not sure what it's for. The B-Wing pilot outfit had on too, but with a white dot on the side rather than red. I'm not sure whether pilots really had those or not-- the pre-production Ten Numb did (though a different style), but I don't know about the other pilots. It's too hard to tell in the movie itself.
And honestly, I have to wonder how accurate the exhibit outfits were, anyway. I noticed a few mistakes in placements with them, so I have to wonder...

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbs up Awesome work!

DXO • RLSC

There is NO Orange Mafia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Darth Lars

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is very hard to see in the few photos that exist of A-wing pilots, but I can say that I can see that several A-wing pilots have at least a black rectangle on the front center of their belts. Whether that black rectangle is a belt buckle or something else, I can not see.

If you want to fill the fabric hose with something, then I recommend a "noodle" of foam insulation. It is a type of flexible noodle that is placed into gaps, not pipe insulation.
I used this for the chest box that I built for Obi Anne. It helps keep the shape of the hose, but it is very soft.

Last edited by Darth Lars on Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:08 pm; edited 3 times in total
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I was going to say that his hose looks rather flaccid, it needs something inside it to give it a more tubular shape.
Alpine Outpost CO
Alpine Outpost CO

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[b]Thanks for your feedbacks and tips, folks![/b]
Yes, I already thought of giving the hose a better look. I have to watch out for a suitable material when visiting the home depot next time...
To be honest: I also didn´t really "see" the black buckle in the movie, but it is required in the costume standards...and there is something black in the front!
Still some work to do...
O.D.
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Loreen wrote:
Yes, I was going to say that his hose looks rather flaccid, it needs something inside it to give it a more tubular shape.

Just to pipe in here... Actually, the hose could be left as-is. There are pilots in Return of the Jedi that have flat hoses, while others don't. Not sure why some do and some don't, but it's true. Heh...
It's more of just a personal choice for the costumer here I'd imagine. I myself put a hose inside the cloth tube for my B-Wing outfit, I just thought it looked more "finished". But a hose doesn't necessarily have to be there.

In this picture, for example, the hoses look very flat...

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> A- Wing Pilots All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: