About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=0d7daaa8c912467e140fe7140144af9dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

A wing Pilot
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> A- Wing Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GhostRider01 (Luis Alejandro Mendoza)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: A wing Pilot Reply with quote

Greetings pilots, I have a new project for next year and is the A-wing pilot, so I have some questions to ask and I have read quite the baseline, but still want to secure strategic steps that I give :

1 - for the cloth cap I use the costumebase manufactured by, for cost reasons more than anything, note that this is the rebar in the top so is it worth using or is necessary to remove? all this knowing I'll have the pilot helmet A wing.
2 - the boots may be the same the RFT? obviously with spats
3 - I have seen many changes in chestbox, so far only a few models I like, just let me know if it is indispensable to have the pipe covered with fabric and the black rectangle?
4 -The coverall color, even me is a bit complicated, because that particular color is hard to get here, overcoats using by the venezuelan armed forces are close to that color yet still have that touch of olive green .. . would be valid to use them?

Thanks for your time, and big hug for all Awing

Formely Know as Sgt. Siul Azendom
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 - for the cloth cap I use the costumebase manufactured by, for cost reasons more than anything, note that this is the rebar in the top so is it worth using or is necessary to remove? all this knowing I'll have the pilot helmet A wing.
Rebar? As in the lined metal bar? I assume you're talking about the ribbing-like stuff going on at the top of the cap? I'm pretty sure that'd be fine for an A-Wing pilot. I'm not sure about the tan color, but the ribbing should be just fine.
For my B-Wing outfit I have a dark brown cap with ribbing on the top, though I made my cap from a pattern.
You'll need to remove the bill, though, and possibly the metal clasps on the side.

By the way, where are you getting your A-Wing helmet? Are you making it yourself? Post up some pictures, man! Wink

As long as they're tall black boots without zippers they should be fine. I wear pirate boots with my B-Wing outfit, I just cut the tops off because they were too tall and folded down in a bell shape. They work just fine. Albeit most of them is covered by gaiters.

3 - I have seen many changes in chestbox, so far only a few models I like, just let me know if it is indispensable to have the pipe covered with fabric and the black rectangle?
While I'm not an official here on the RL, I'd say that the hose definitely has to be covered in material, no doubt about that. In every reference picture I've ever seen the A-Wing pilot's chestbox hose is covered in white material, just like the B-Wing pilot's (and the Y-Wing pilot's I believe as well).
As for the chestbox itself, yeah, it's a black rectangular chestbox that tapers up a little bit at the top. The more canon appearance has a grill-like pattern on the front of it. The recent action figures have a very different chestbox, one that looks more like an X-Wing pilot's in the greeblies, but the movie-accurate one has the grill look as far as I know.
I made a 3D model of the chestbox a little while ago for fun, and I can post some pictures of it if it helps any. It's not 100% accurate (I'm not good with 3D modeling, and I used DoGA anyway), but it may help give a basic idea of it.

4 -The coverall color, even me is a bit complicated, because that particular color is hard to get here, overcoats using by the venezuelan armed forces are close to that color yet still have that touch of olive green .. . would be valid to use them?
This is something I don't know about, someone else would have to answer this... Smile
It may help if you post a picture of the coveralls, though, so people can get an idea of what they look like. I have no idea what the ones you're describing look like.

B-wing Pilot - Anomid Jedi

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the ribbing would need to be removed from the cap. The A-Wing caps don't have that, only the Endor Troopers do.
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Outdoor Research still make that cosmonaut styled ski hat?

DXO • RLSC

There is NO Orange Mafia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Loreen wrote:
I think the ribbing would need to be removed from the cap. The A-Wing caps don't have that, only the Endor Troopers do.

mmm ok I understand that the best way I would put a strip of cloth over that part because I see the piece difficult to disassemble and reassemble

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Banshee Leader wrote:
Rebar? As in the lined metal bar? I assume you're talking about the ribbing-like stuff going on at the top of the cap? I'm pretty sure that'd be fine for an A-Wing pilot. I'm not sure about the tan color, but the ribbing should be just fine.
For my B-Wing outfit I have a dark brown cap with ribbing on the top, though I made my cap from a pattern.
You'll need to remove the bill, though, and possibly the metal clasps on the side.

By the way, where are you getting your A-Wing helmet? Are you making it yourself? Post up some pictures, man! Wink

As long as they're tall black boots without zippers they should be fine. I wear pirate boots with my B-Wing outfit, I just cut the tops off because they were too tall and folded down in a bell shape. They work just fine. Albeit most of them is covered by gaiters.

While I'm not an official here on the RL, I'd say that the hose definitely has to be covered in material, no doubt about that. In every reference picture I've ever seen the A-Wing pilot's chestbox hose is covered in white material, just like the B-Wing pilot's (and the Y-Wing pilot's I believe as well).
As for the chestbox itself, yeah, it's a black rectangular chestbox that tapers up a little bit at the top. The more canon appearance has a grill-like pattern on the front of it. The recent action figures have a very different chestbox, one that looks more like an X-Wing pilot's in the greeblies, but the movie-accurate one has the grill look as far as I know.
I made a 3D model of the chestbox a little while ago for fun, and I can post some pictures of it if it helps any. It's not 100% accurate (I'm not good with 3D modeling, and I used DoGA anyway), but it may help give a basic idea of it.

This is something I don't know about, someone else would have to answer this... Smile
It may help if you post a picture of the coveralls, though, so people can get an idea of what they look like. I have no idea what the ones you're describing look like.

1) Sorry for my english is actually the corrugated piece of cloth Embarassed the helmet I have not even started, because I want first the cloth cap
2) its like my RFT boots
3) copy that
4) umm I take a picture right first, soon will have

Thanks Bro!

Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, there's another guy here who's been working on an A-Wing helmet. I don't know of any latest news on it, but it may give you some ideas, perhaps.

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23054&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the first step into a larger world...

chestbox

Awing

Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a bad idea to use that plastic box. That might work pretty well.
Though you might want to cut off the hinges at the bottom... Smile

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chestbox painted

Awing

Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lookin' pretty good there. Smile

...Is that silver piece a credit card? You might want to sand off the numbers if so, just for your own safety. Just in case...

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Banshee Leader wrote:
Lookin' pretty good there. Smile

...Is that silver piece a credit card? You might want to sand off the numbers if so, just for your own safety. Just in case...

dont worry is my first CC a loooog time expired but i will sand some of the numbers

Awing

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a little progress of my chestbox

Awing

Okami Dai ()
Alpine Outpost CO
Alpine Outpost CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking pretty good, Luis!
Go ahead, I´m curious to see your next progress in work!
I like the look of your white "bottle", how did you make it?
Today I made some pictures of my completed A-Wing and Jedi costume, but I hate them! The problem is that my 10 year old son is no photographer...
But I think I´ll send them for registration and see what happens...
O.D.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okami Dai wrote:
Looking pretty good, Luis!
Go ahead, I´m curious to see your next progress in work!
I like the look of your white "bottle", how did you make it?
O.D.

OD thanks we are gradually advancing, the white bottle is made with a "water noodle" wrapped in white cloth and bonded with hot glue, nothing else

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> A- Wing Pilots All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 1 of 22

Jump to: