Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=b3cda909e8f9ab746c9886be1681e484Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Nar Shaddaa Base Coin interest thread
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Nar Shaddaa Base Coin
Interested at this time
57%
 57%  [ 8 ]
Maybe Later
35%
 35%  [ 5 ]
Got enough coins in my pocket already!
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Users Voted : 11
Total Votes : 14
This poll has expired.
Detailed Results/Undo Votes

Valissa ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:19 pm    Post subject: Nar Shaddaa Base Coin interest thread Reply with quote

Someone suggested that if you want a specific piece of merch you should start an interest thread!
well, a thread was started for a base patch, now I am starting a thread to gage the interest in a base coin!

Lemme know your thoughts! If there is enough interest, I don't mind getting started on this myself! Smile
Zombie_Bunny (Janine Jender)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do want the Nar Shaddaa Base coin. I want 2 please. What is on the other side though? Does it have Nar Shaddaa on both sides?

On a personal thought, I would actually like to see the Nar Shaddaa on one side and the MWG on the other. I know that would be hard to do because the Nar Shaddaa also contains Wisconsin, and they have the Wisconsin Garrison. The reason why I want the MWG/Nar Shaddaa is because i have the 501st/Rebel Legion coin and I love it!!
Valissa ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thought (because it would be the first base coin after our probation) was to have the base on one side and the RL logo on the other.

I am open to other ideas, I think once we figure out the level of interest I can start a poll for coin ideas. I am working on 2 coin designs now, but will work on another if there is interest for a base/MWG coin.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valissa wrote:
My thought (because it would be the first base coin after our probation) was to have the base on one side and the RL logo on the other.

I am open to other ideas, I think once we figure out the level of interest I can start a poll for coin ideas. I am working on 2 coin designs now, but will work on another if there is interest for a base/MWG coin.

Gotcha. Did you post this info on the MWG and WIG boards? I know they are the 501st, but I notice that a lot of our Rebels spend a lot more time on those boards than this one. Lol.
Crix (Thomas Turner)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love a coin, but I dont think a Nar Shaddaa and MWG coin would be right..

its WI and IL, together

lots of NS members up north are also WIG members...

I think if we start doing stuff like this, its going to start to pull us apart..
even with little stuff like this.... it will be how it all starts going down hill..

I think we need to stay away from inculding our 501st groups in our Merch..unless we can inculde them both at the same time..

in my opinon Laughing

CO: OUTLAW SQUADRON - OUTLAW 13
CO of The 'Verse (firefly/Serenity costume club)
SL/TK/IC 4913 of the 501st
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crix wrote:
I would love a coin, but I dont think a Nar Shaddaa and MWG coin would be right..

its WI and IL, together

I think if we start doing stuff like this, its going to start to pull us apart..
even with little stuff like this.... it will be how it all starts going down hill..

I think we need to stay away from inculding our 501st groups in our Merch..unless we can inculde them both at the same time..

in my opinon Laughing

Crix, ur right. I mean I honestly would find it silly if people would have an issue if there was a NS/MWG coin. I mean the WIS can make one too!! I wouldnt be offended if I saw a NS/WIS coin first made. I would think, "hey thats cool and a great idea. Lets get one with the MWG." I don't know. I think a Nar Shaddaa/Rebel Legion coin is fine. I was just trying to shout out some ideas. I love all the star wars costuming people!! And I especially love merch!
Crix (Thomas Turner)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zombie_Bunny wrote:
Crix wrote:

its WI and IL, together

in my opinon Laughing

Crix, ur right. I mean I honestly would find it silly if people would have an issue if there was a NS/MWG coin. I mean the WIS can make one too!! I wouldnt be offended if I saw a NS/WIS coin first made. I would think, "hey thats cool and a great idea. Lets get one with the MWG." I don't know. I think a Nar Shaddaa/Rebel Legion coin is fine. I was just trying to shout out some ideas. I love all the star wars costuming people!! And I especially love merch!

I agree, I love merch..I also would not be offened if NS/WIG merch was made..
but I would understand if some did get upset...
its just a road I dont want to go down.....but that just me Laughing

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crix wrote:

but I would understand if some did get upset...
its just a road I dont want to go down.....but that just me Laughing

I guess I don't want to start and drama. I mean if I so wanted it, I could just contact the coin place and order 1. LOL!
Blue (Beth)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hold your horses guys. Someone needs to check with Joel, the merchandise officer and see if there are any standard requirements for coins.

Just because we have been given the green light so to speak, regarding making merchandise, please don't try and make everything under the sun right now. I know there are key items that people want, but rushing to get them made only creates bigger issues. People tend to think we are here to make swag and not troop.

I'm all for making different items, but I would prefer that they are quality items and not thrown together quickly just to make them.

You really need to be careful when doing something joint as rl/501. While most people would not have an issue with it, there are some who might. Right now we have a great relationship with both the MWG and WIG, I don't want to see that fall on the wayside in the effort to make more swag. As a few have mentioned, NSB is covered by two garrisons. Right now we have on record 51 active members, roughly 60% IL and 40% WI. You make something that is MWG specific, you are leaving out 40% of the base. While it may not be an issue to the remaining 60%. Speaking from past experience, leaving a part of the group out can be the start of a split, and I personally don't ever want to go through that again. It was hard enough the first time. And the pain of splitting the base, and then the garrison was not fun to deal with. There was a lot of hurt feelings/friendships that are just starting to be repaired.

When you make something that is a joint effort, you have to go through both the RL merch officer and the 501 merc officer. I know the 501 has coin guidelines. I'm pretty sure the RL does as well.

We had talked about making a coin a few years back for MWB. At the time we couldn't find enough interested base members to make the order cost effective and decided to shelf it for later.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue wrote:
Hold your horses guys. Someone needs to check with Joel, the merchandise officer and see if there are any standard requirements for coins.

Just because we have been given the green light so to speak, regarding making merchandise, please don't try and make everything under the sun right now. I know there are key items that people want, but rushing to get them made only creates bigger issues. People tend to think we are here to make swag and not troop.

I'm all for making different items, but I would prefer that they are quality items and not thrown together quickly just to make them.

You really need to be careful when doing something joint as rl/501. While most people would not have an issue with it, there are some who might. Right now we have a great relationship with both the MWG and WIG, I don't want to see that fall on the wayside in the effort to make more swag. As a few have mentioned, NSB is covered by two garrisons. Right now we have on record 51 active members, roughly 60% IL and 40% WI. You make something that is MWG specific, you are leaving out 40% of the base. While it may not be an issue to the remaining 60%. Speaking from past experience, leaving a part of the group out can be the start of a split, and I personally don't ever want to go through that again. It was hard enough the first time. And the pain of splitting the base, and then the garrison was not fun to deal with. There was a lot of hurt feelings/friendships that are just starting to be repaired.

When you make something that is a joint effort, you have to go through both the RL merch officer and the 501 merc officer. I know the 501 has coin guidelines. I'm pretty sure the RL does as well.

We had talked about making a coin a few years back for MWB. At the time we couldn't find enough interested base members to make the order cost effective and decided to shelf it for later.

I thought this was just an interest in the coin? No one is making anything yet. I'm sure if we get the interest Valissa, or whomever, will look into the rules and who needs to be contacted.

Of course it is about the troop and not the merch. I just would like some RL merch for when we are hanging out after an event and everyone busts out their 501st coins. I would like to represent the RL!!

I came into the MWG when WIS was already in the process of voting to leave. I have no idea what happened (but I have a good idea), but I don't want that to happen again!! I was upset enough to see that WIS left. I know a few of you guys from Wisconsin and I feel the split really thinned out the numbers. I don't want anyone to feel left out, ever. I love the bond that we all have when we do troops together Smile. I do think that if the coin is NSB on one side and RL on the other it will be easier to get more people interested. I was just throwing out ideas i guess.
Blue (Beth)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't mean to come off rude or upset. I just didn't want anyone jumping the gun on things either. These types of things tend to snowball pretty quickly. In the past we have had issues with members making things and not having them approved by the correct individuals and I would not like to repeat that.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue wrote:
I didn't mean to come off rude or upset. I just didn't want anyone jumping the gun on things either. These types of things tend to snowball pretty quickly. In the past we have had issues with members making things and not having them approved by the correct individuals and I would not like to repeat that.

You didn't come off rude or upset. You were giving some good info. I had some issues with some MWG patch run that Rob (my BF and the 501st member) had to deal with. I have learned from my mistakes and will NEVER EVER make any merch using the MWG logo. EVER! Lol. There is just way too much drama. But in the end it was worth it! My MSABC patch was a run of just 200 and with that, we received $400 in donations!! The best part was the donation was optional and people were so generous! I will be making more merch in the future to help raise money for charities!

Anyway, I know there is always a process to get anything done. I mean we are under LFL's rule. Lol.
Crix (Thomas Turner)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue wrote:
In the past we have had issues with members making things and not having them approved by the correct individuals and I would not like to repeat that.

whistling

Valissa ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My idea with this post was just an interest thread to see if it was worth the time/effort at this time to start designing a coin. I opened this up to NSB members first because it would be a coin that would benefit us specifically. I am extraordinarily naive when it comes to most of the problems that happened before I joined both the MWG and RL (on purpose...drama tends to suck the fun out of things! Wink )

With that in mind, if there is enough interest drummed up both here on the NSB as well as the RL at large and perhaps the MWG (since we share events and members) I will submit the 'most popular' concept ideas to the RL merch person for approval and then open it up for a vote with the approved designs. I am in no way going to bypass or circumvent the rules for this and I hope I did not cause confusion about that.

I have wanted a coin and a patch since I joined, and now that the chance has arrived to start working on both, I am happy to do what I can to get it started. I hope I did not step on toes or offend anyone, and if I am doing things incorrectly, PLEASE let me know. It is never my intention to upset anyone or break rules in anyway. I am sorry if I did, it was unintentional!

Smile
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valissa wrote:

and perhaps the MWG (since we share events and members)
Smile

Hey, I know we are both from IL but don't forget to post (or have someone post) on the Wisconsin Garrison's page as well. I'm sure that there are members there also that might be interested in the coin, but aren't active on the RL forum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: