Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=4cdaa1823cf0eee43fe0f1dc58c4ddb4Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Base Suggestion Box
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Ra Kura Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolfie (Crystal Bass)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm liking the cornhole deathstar and the spinny wheel game too so I think once I get the apartment back in order from the past couple weeks of hardly being around I will start on those Smile

I'll also get a donation thread up for buying the swagbox.

And instead of just giving away our trading cards we could build 'packs' of cards. randomly made from extras we all have maybe wrapped in an FAQ sheet. all the things we normally just sit on the table, into a big sack for them to pull prizes from based on the games.
a davenport (Anne Davenport)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is more of a question than a suggestion.......

There hasn't been anything going in Panama City in over a year, but I still periodically check the FL 501st forum for events just in case. I notice that there are all kinds of troops going on in Jacksonville. Do RL members go to those?

Your focus determines who you are.
Wolfie (Crystal Bass)
Active Legion Member

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a davenport wrote:
This is more of a question than a suggestion.......

There hasn't been anything going in Panama City in over a year, but I still periodically check the FL 501st forum for events just in case. I notice that there are all kinds of troops going on in Jacksonville. Do RL members go to those?

there have been several events in Jax/Tally over the past year that RL was involved in...

PC area is dead for both groups most of the time unfortunately.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, PC is definitely not a happening place. And since I have no transportation that leaves me out of most things. Ah well. I'll keep checking.

Wolfie (Crystal Bass)
Active Legion Member

Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a davenport wrote:
Yep, PC is definitely not a happening place. And since I have no transportation that leaves me out of most things. Ah well. I'll keep checking.

Feel free to try to set things up yourself... Lance Windu is out your way with his endor commando, the two of you could try to get things going. You dont have to wait for it to come to you Smile
Q (Markus Zimmerman)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An idea for stickers is to print off a logo onto those packaging label stickers. I did up a bunch of COR logos on some Avery labels and they work pretty well, and they're cheap. Not bad for hand outs and stuff like that, if you don't want to get into vinyl decal runs.
Phoenix 10
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfie wrote:
Feel free to try to set things up yourself... Lance Windu is out your way with his endor commando, the two of you could try to get things going. You dont have to wait for it to come to you Smile

Um, did I mention the 'no transportation' part? I can't pass the eye test for a driver's license so this means no car at all. I'm afraid that PC is very limited in options for getting around and I can't set anything up if I can't guarantee that I can even get to an event.

Where is Lance Windu? It's nice to hear that there's someone sort of around here.

Princess Leia Organa (Lori)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE:

Just a little note:

I've archived and cleaned up the forum some. I plan to start a new Base Suggestion Box, hopefully tomorrow.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just wondering if it was possible to have a listing of the numbers of members in each area generated from the next census? I suppose it could be done by FL county? That way you could see right away if there are any other RL members in your area.

Princess Leia Organa (Lori)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a census coming up with the New Year. I've been LMO in the past, so doing this from the Base CO position is new to me. I will get more details coming the New Year. Should begin there and last for a few months.

As far as breaking down locations, I dont believe that happens. Its more that you fill the form out and submit your last few troops to be verified and documented so you remain active.

No worries more details will follow.

Otter (Andrea C.)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something I've been thinking about for a while is better organization for the forums. What about organizing the events forum into regions?

This is a screen capture of how the Florida 501st boards are set up. Each event is put in its corresponding region. This way members who are only available to participate in South Florida can simply go to the South Florida sub-forum and see applicable events. It also proves as a great visualization of which areas are more active.

I also think it's a great way to keep major events/conventions together.

Cool
Chuckie ()

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:29 pm    Post subject: R2D2 events in Florida Reply with quote

RaKura Base might wish to attend these events ....

THE FORCE OF DROID™ IS STRONG FOR STAR WARS™ FANS AT DROID R2-D2™ SMARTPHONE LAUNCH, COSTUME EVENTS IN FLORIDA

Special Collector’s Edition Phone To Be Unveiled To Alliance Of Loyalists, September 29

WHO: Costumed and otherwise enthusiastic followers of Star Wars films and DROID smartphones are invited to celebrate and compete to win and/or buy the new DROID R2-D2 special collector’s edition DROID 2 phone by Motorola.

WHAT: To give the most loyal alliance of Florida Star Wars and DROID fans a chance to win or buy the limited edition DROID R2-D2 smartphone, Verizon Wireless is hosting a Star Wars costume contest/party in four Florida locations before the phone goes on sale online at midnight. Less than 200 phones will be available for purchase at each event (first -come, first-served with a limit of two per person, one of which must be activated on a new two-year contract). One fan also will win a phone for the best Star Wars costume, and another phone will be raffled among all attendees (costume not necessary) at each event. Trivia games, special Star Wars prizes and giveaways, refreshments, special offers and other entertainment and activities also will be featured.

WHEN: Costume events begin at 9:30 p.m., September 29.
Online sales begin at midnight (12 a.m., September 30). A limited number of computers will be available for event guests to try to buy the phone online.

WHERE: Verizon Wireless stores
Hialeah -- 1599 West 49th Ave. (305-819-6443)
Orlando – 3742 E. Colonial Drive (407-894-5770)
Saint Petersburg – 4870 Park Street (727-544-4676)
Jacksonville/Orange Park – 1911-1 Wells Road (904-214-9444)

DROID 2: The special edition DROID R2-D2 smartphone will be available in limited quantities. It will feature all the latest specifications and capabilities of the Motorola DROID 2, plus special Star Wars markings, start-up sequence, wallpapers and displays, applications and widgets, exclusive content and more. The collector’s edition phone is a collaboration of Verizon Wireless, Motorola and Lucasfilm, the creator of the Star Wars series.
BrieWings (Brianna Musgrave Gaffey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Otter wrote:
Something I've been thinking about for a while is better organization for the forums. What about organizing the events forum into regions?

This is a screen capture of how the Florida 501st boards are set up. Each event is put in its corresponding region. This way members who are only available to participate in South Florida can simply go to the South Florida sub-forum and see applicable events. It also proves as a great visualization of which areas are more active.

Cool

This is exactly what I was looking for when I came to the suggestion box! PLEASE make it easier to find and keep track of events! The regional division is a must. It would also help if events could be kept in order either by event date or recently added (perhaps and option for both) instead of post activity. I'd like to then have the option to subscribe to that region's event forum, so that I could be notified by email when a new event has been added.
cheerleader
Cyrus (Hoyt Dingus)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrieWings wrote:
Otter wrote:

Cool

This is exactly what I was looking for when I came to the suggestion box! PLEASE make it easier to find and keep track of events! The regional division is a must. It would also help if events could be kept in order either by event date or recently added (perhaps and option for both) instead of post activity. I'd like to then have the option to subscribe to that region's event forum, so that I could be notified by email when a new event has been added.
cheerleader

I will see what i can do about getting the event forum more organized for us Very Happy
Lonescout (Angelo Marcano)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. I was thinking about that also....within the Ra Kura Events have the subfoum, North, South, East, West, etc....It woould make it a lot easier.

Former BSN Admid.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Ra Kura Base All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: