About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=49b0ed97e906c0094e6110d6ea898fedMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Day to day grind turns into breaking news

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mos Eisley Base -> Mos Eisley Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tufelhund ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Day to day grind turns into breaking news Reply with quote

Often where I work at the State Capitol I hear the sounds of helicopters’ hovering overhead… today it was a little different. While I am doing a CAD drawing for a new project scope of work I hear that familiar sound. I don’t give it much thought until the sound gets louder and a shadow flashes in the window onto my computer screen. I turn and look and see the Phoenix Police Helicopter on its way to the ground outside my office window.

Wow now that is something you don’t see everyday! As my eyes sit fixed I can hear the sounds of sirens and the bustle of my co-workers piling into my office and the offices adjacent to see what is going on.

Capitol Police and Phoenix Police vehicles arrive and begin ushering people out of the area and shutting down the roads as well. Information starts to trickle in that the helicopter had mechanical problems and its crew initiated an emergency landing rather than proceed further with no injuries to the flight crew or the miriad of visitors, grounds crews, and state employees normally traversing the area now turned into a landing zone.

News crews and news helicopters’ now hover both on the ground and in the air… After a bit the aircraft mechanics arrive and begin checking the helicopters’ engines and systems to diagnose the problem. With in a short period of time the pilot, crew and a mechanic are in the cabin and preparing to do some test operations before attempting to fly to Sky Harbor. People in the adjacent buildings, pedestrians, and those in vehicles watch in amazement to the specticle as the pilot of the helecopter hovers the aircraft 8-10 feet of the ground and amongst the buildings, memorials, trees, light poles, and electrical wires for nearly 10 to 15 minuets going through system checks. A few moments later the helicopter rises rapidly and departs the area for Sky Harbor. My hats off to the crew, and emergency personell, once again your professionalism and skill was in keeping wiht the high standards and traditions we have come to expect of you in your duties.

Now it’s back to work to finish off the remaining workday…

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mos Eisley Base -> Mos Eisley Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: