About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=93233efce203543a7fcaee6c6c1898a0Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Jeff Schipman - Dawmer | Answers for Base CO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Central Base -> Central Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolfie (Crystal Bass)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:38 am    Post subject: Jeff Schipman - Dawmer | Answers for Base CO Reply with quote

This thread is for Jeff's answers to Legion Council questions. Only he may post in it. Other candidates wishing to respond to his answers need to copy and paste from this thread into their own thread.
dawmer299 (Jeff Schipman)
Central Base CO
Central Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leiasolosinger wrote:
It seems like people in leadership sometimes become disillusioned with the Rebel Legion, resulting in an emotional or physical detachment from the RL in general.

1.) If for any reason you have a rough year as CO, how will you deal with these feelings?

2.) Also, do you see yourself as an active member of the Legion 3 years from now?

1) Very loud music... it clears my mind.

2) Yes, I was first introduced to the legion in 2005 and had the pleasure of watching it grow over the years. I plan to continue to watch it grow well into the future.
Central Base CO
Central Base CO

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNScout wrote:
1) What do you want to change about the Rebel Legion while you are in a leadership position?

The biggest thing I'd like to see is more base unity and cross events between the areas within the base. We seem to be very split regionally and it tends to take its toll at times. Recently at Celebration V, I had my photo taken with several people from the base and I didn't even realize it until I was home and people starting tagging themselves. While I know the entire base wasn't there, it would of been great opportunity to get everyone together at some point for who was there and at least meet each other in person.
Central Base CO
Central Base CO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

leiasolosinger wrote:
One more question from me:

1.) What are your thoughts on our current arrangement of conducting most of our event planning on the Central Garrison boards?

Cooperation between the Central Garrison and the Central base is must. I like the event planning arrangement with the Central Garrison. I believe it gives more people more exposure to events. I do also think any pertinent threads do need to / should be carried over to the base threads so it again gives more exposure.
Central Base CO
Central Base CO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNScout wrote:
Two more questions from me:

1) What was your favorite troop and why?

2) If you were a tree, what sort of tree would you be and why?

1) Its really hard to pick just one. Any troop where I can be with my friends and entertain is a favorite troop of mine. If I had to pick just one, it would be the SAC museum. Its a good family friendly event and draws a very large crowd. The museum is large enough we can spread out and cover a lot of area and not ahve to much overlap.

2) I'll echo Brian here. I don't know much about trees. The first thing that comes to my mind is an oak. Great strength and hardness and has multiple uses.
Central Base CO
Central Base CO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crocoboxer wrote:
1. In the Star Wars Universe, it's getting harder and harder to tell the good guys from the bad. Clones are now in both the RL and the 501st. Anakin, Tuskins and Jawas are in both. The distinction between the two clubs is becoming less distinct. Should the Rebel Legion and 501st Legion merge to form one official costuming club? Break out your crystal ball. Will this ever happen?

2. What is your opinion on custom Mandos? Should the Mandolorian Mercs be allowed to troop at RL/501st events? Who should decide?

3. There has been a lot of drama in the RL as a whole lately and, until last year, the Central Base seemed to be above it all. Teresa Jackson was nominated (and seconded by me) for BCO and then withdrew her nomination leaving Mark Tomasello as the only candidate. Mark then stepped down as Central Base CO a few months later making Teresa CO. What is your opinion of the way these events transpired?

4. What is your opinion on Ed Cook stepping down as LCO?

5. If elected, how likely is it that you will finish your term? This may seem like a silly question but I’m sure it would have seemed just as silly to ask it of Mark and Ed, and they stepped down.

Thank you for taking the time to answer these questions.

1) Just my opinion, I personally do think they should/could merge at some point. I believe even Albin has said if he had to do it over again, it would of been one club. I think the clubs work more closely together now than ever in the past and I love it.

2) The Mando Mercs are now where RL was 5 years ago. Some incredible costumes and some not so incredible costumes. Once RL put the new costume standards in place, things greatly improved. I see that happening with the Mandos also. I think they will come up with some standards at some point and it will further their organization. As for if they would be allowed to attend an event I was organizing, it would depend on the event. I think ultimately, it would be decided by the people requesting the clubs to decide and also if the event was Trilogy cannon or not.

3) and 4) I have no opinion on either question. I have not talked with either Teresa or Ed on what lead to their decisions. Mark is a dear friend of mine and I know what personal conflicts he has faced. Ultimately, it is up to the individual to decide what is best for them. Its not my place to judge on these personal matters and decisions. However, I would of been glad to listen and suggest my opinion if I had been asked for advice by them.

5) I'm not planning on going anywhere any time soon. I've worked hard to build up the Star Wars community in the Omaha and surrounding areas since 2001. Some of the groups I've done this through are The Omaha Fan force, the Rebel Legion, the 501st (even though I'm not a member yet, I work extremely close with many of them), the Central R2 Builders and most lately the Omaha Star Wars club. I expect the growth to continue even more and look forward to the challenge of growing the communities base wide.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Central Base -> Central Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: