About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=7d9d856421e91b9d5875400173a7f419Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Base Commanding Officer (CO) Nominations

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Central Base -> Central Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
citizenjohn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:07 am    Post subject: Base Commanding Officer (CO) Nominations Reply with quote

Hi everyone, in this thread we'll be accepting nominations for Base Commanding Officer (CO).

According to the Rebel Legion charter, nominations may be made starting 12:01 A.M. EST September 1st and continue until 11:59 P.M. EST, September 10th.

All nominations must be seconded. A member may nominate themselves but that will require a second and third nomination. Standing officers must post their desire to seek another term or if they decline to seek another term (no response is considered a decline). A second is not required for standing officers.

If there are no nominations made for a particular office by 11:59 P.M. EST September 10th, then the officers holding these positions will remain in office. If a standing Outpost or Base Commander chooses not seek another term and no nominations are made for that unit, the XO must accept or decline being promoted to CO. If the XO declines (no response is considered a decline) then the Legion Council is empowered to appoint a new CO or to consider having the unit absorbed into a neighboring unit due to lack of leadership.

Also please be sure to participate in the nominations for Legion Council, Legion Commanding Officer (LCO) and any Detachments or other sub-units you belong to.

Nominated

Jeff Schipman - Dawmer
Brian Bean - Masterbean

Accepted

Jeff Schipman - Dawmer
Brian Bean - Master bean

Last edited by citizenjohn on Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:10 am; edited 1 time in total
wampameat (Robert R. Carmichael)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I nominate Dawmer (Jeff S.) for Base CO.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to inform you all of my intention NOT to run for Base CO this year. While it was fun and cool, I do not feel like I have the ability to keep up with the website as much as the position requires per my current internet situation. Hopefully in the future I will be in a position to do so again, but in the meantime I will continue to be an active member and serve in smaller ways here and there as I can.

Thanks for a wonderful year, all! Leia Buns
Masterbean (Brian Bean)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello fellow Central Base rebels, as current XO I am posting my desire to continue commanding Central Base. I believe since Teresa is stepping down after the elections, that means I am running for CO? If I have that wrong, I apologize and will simply run for XO Laughing
I've truly enjoyed helping out in this capacity and would look forward to doing so for a full term.
Corellian Scoundrel (Steven Umholtz)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I 2nd the nomination for Jeff Schipman (Dawmer) for CO. Sorry to see you leave Teresa! Crying or Very sad
Batman 1701 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll third Jeff's nomination.
dawmer299 (Jeff Schipman)
Central Base CO
Central Base CO

2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You. I accept.
tb750 (John Jaeckel)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible to fourth a nomination? Jeff, I see you've already accepted, but I want to throw my support in there for you.

Just a bit about Jeff. He's kind, caring, and knows how to get things done. He's fair and honest and many of you have already dealt with him and know these things first hand. I think he'll do a great job as C.O..

Teresa, thanks for your time and effort. I hope that you won't be like a 501st C.O., which basically means when you leave the position you disappear. I hope you'll stay active and continue fighting the good fight Very Happy.
501st Legion
Central Garrison
Imperial 80th Squad
Swift, Silent, Deadly...
leiasolosinger (Teresa Jackson)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to derail the thread, but I just wanted to clarify that A.) I'm not going anywhere, B.) I'm not going to be any less active this year, C.) I am happy to serve our base in any lesser capacity this year, and D.) I will definitely consider running again in the future when I'm in a better position to do so.

Love you all and this group too much to disappear on ya. Very Happy

And thank you for the kind comments.
citizenjohn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Masterbean wrote:
Hello fellow Central Base rebels, as current XO I am posting my desire to continue commanding Central Base. I believe since Teresa is stepping down after the elections, that means I am running for CO? If I have that wrong, I apologize and will simply run for XO Laughing
I've truly enjoyed helping out in this capacity and would look forward to doing so for a full term.

Masterbean, the rules for running are posted in the RL charter

Quote:
Nominations for offices may be made starting 12:01 A.M. EST September 1st of each year and continue until 11:59 P.M. EST, September 10th. September 11th through September 20th are reserved for candidate Question and Answer (Q&A) sessions. Members may post questions for the candidates to answer. On September 20th candidates will post final statements. Voting will begin on 12:01 A.M. EST September 21st through 11:59 P.M. EST September 30th, after which no more votes will be accepted. All nominations and voting must be on The Rebel Legion website. Nominations, Question/Answer, and Voting for LCO and Legion Administrative Council Positions will be in the Election Forum. Nominations, Question/Answer, and Voting for Base/Outpost/Detachment COs can be in their respective forum areas. The COG will oversee all election processes. The COG will archive all election results. Every Rebel Legion member with full ACTIVE status may vote. Members that are placed on the RESERVE status may not vote until their status has been reactivated by their Base/Outpost CO. Both ARCHIVE (inactive) members and Forum-users have no voting privileges.
Notice of upcoming elections will be posted on the forums and be sent out by a mass email one week prior to the election by The Captain of the Guard. However, notification of any elections to individual members of a unit is ultimately the job of Base/Outpost/Detachment Commanders and Regional Captains.
All nominations must be seconded. A member may nominate themselves and that will require a second and third nomination. Standing officers must post their desire to seek another term or decline to seek another term (no response is considered a decline). No second is required for standing officers.

So are you nominating yourself? And as Teresa just stated, she is staying on as Central base CO
Masterbean (Brian Bean)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah, okay. I'll only run if I'm nominated.
Teresa is not going to run for CO.
IndustrialSizeEd (Ed Cook)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, in that case, I nominate Masterbean for Base CO.
dawmer299 (Jeff Schipman)
Central Base CO
Central Base CO

2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IndustrialSizeEd wrote:
Well, in that case, I nominate Masterbean for Base CO.

And I'll second the nomination.
Masterbean (Brian Bean)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah, thanks guys. I'll officially accept the nomination Laughing
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Central Base -> Central Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: