Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=4d430712db05e0c3d6bec6bdb9270a7bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

MR Obi-Wan Ep III Hilt Conversion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mahim ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:40 pm    Post subject: MR Obi-Wan Ep III Hilt Conversion Reply with quote

On my way to my goal of getting an EIII Obi-Wan approved, I picked up this (empty) MR hilt the other day. Any advice on places for electronics, blades, etc? Here's what I've got:

The only issue is that the threads on the pommel/hilt assembly are a bit smashed, so I need to take a Dremel to it to get it to seat together properly:

Even if I don't go any further, I've still got an EIII stunt hilt to troop with, but it'd sure be nice to have a blade the next time I run into my old Padawan:

Advice, direction, nasty comments, etc., all appreciated (to varying degrees)...

"It is the happy man who does the useless things; the sick man is not strong enough to be idle." - G. K. Chesterton, "Orthodoxy"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jay-gon Jinn (Jason Hetherington)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I would have suggested getting a conversion kit from The Custom Saber Shop, but they no longer carry them for the Master Replicas version of that saber, only the re-designed Hasbro model. You may want to try and track down replacements for the original electronics on ebay as well. You at least need the plastic housings that the electronics were in to be able to house the proper parts for lighting up a blade.

Jason Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
EeanLedgor ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 8 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Customs Saber Shop no longer carries that! That's distressing. Still...it might be work contacting them (maybe speaking to a human) and seeing what they have that might fit.

I have no idea, but it might be work browsing and/or contacting parksabers too?
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It probably will be work contacting Parks, but I don't know that it would be worth it. raise eyebrows

They aren't going to have anything you can use to fix or convert your MR Obi-wan saber. Their Obi-wan style sabers aren't the same size and are not contructed the same way.

Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could try Ultra Sabers, they have conversion kits.
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Granny-Wan wrote:
Unfortunately, Ultrasabers no longer carries conversion kits for the D.I.Y.-er. They only sell pre-coverted Hasbro FX sabers now.

Jason Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Granny-Wan (Marie Cannon)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay-gon Jinn wrote:
Granny-Wan wrote:
Unfortunately, Ultrasabers no longer carries conversion kits for the D.I.Y.-er. They only sell pre-coverted Hasbro FX sabers now.

Sorry, I didn't know that. They may still have their mail in conversions.
Mahim ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Granny-Wan wrote:
Jay-gon Jinn wrote:
Granny-Wan wrote:

Thanks--I'll at least send them an email, see what we see...

"It is the happy man who does the useless things; the sick man is not strong enough to be idle." - G. K. Chesterton, "Orthodoxy"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Granny-Wan wrote:
Jay-gon Jinn wrote:
Granny-Wan wrote:

No need to be sorry....Wink But, even with mail-in conversions, they still need to have all of the electronics in order to do that. This saber doesn't even have the housings for the electronics, or the battery pack, for that matter. Ultrasabers doesn't do custom work on a hilt like this, they only make new, complete sabers. Emailing them to ask is a good idea, but don't be surprised if they say that they can't do it.

Jason Detachment
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: