About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=57bcd2386039ffb256d9c8ea8a29a396Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

In Need of an R2 - Can You Help? :)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Droids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaylaOrgana ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:28 pm    Post subject: In Need of an R2 - Can You Help? :) Reply with quote

Hi all!

I'm very new here, but this and the 501st were recommended to me by a good friend after I told him I was getting married... let me explain Wink

My fiance and I are avid SW nerds and would love to have a somewhat themed wedding late next year (2011). We're starting to come up with ideas, and we want to: make a Leia ceremonial gown (ANH) for me; have the groomsmen wear Jedi robes; something for the groom which includes Han's belt, at least (maybe his Hoth jacket? lore doesn't have to be perfect); maybe some of Padme's handmaiden dresses for the girls; and last but not least, a droid to bear the rings.

The droid and the wedding dress are the two most important parts in the plan right now. I and my fiance are very interested in learning how to build an R2 ourselves and would LOVE your help! However, with all the planning and other real life events, I'm wondering if it might be more possible to commission some extremely generous person in the NYS area to come and play with us for a day or two, in case we're not able to complete our own project in time.

Fortunately, there's no real date set yet. We're looking at winter of 2011, so it seems like a fair bit of time - but as with any major undertaking, time always becomes too short in the end.

So,

Does anyone have resources they might suggest for beginner's guides on droid building?

Does anyone have the ability and willingness to be a Droid Master at our ceremony (certainly in exchange for compensation or a donation of some sort, although I know this is a volunteer organization)?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!
HazardThree (Jon Paulson)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All you seek can be found with the R2 Builders Club and Astromech.net.

Good luck!

WedgeAntilles (James Norman)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although if you need help with information on the costumes, this is the right place for that (just not this section).
Mieal Deneb (Rachel Orange)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She already posted in the proper forum about the gown. Wink

R2-D2 Builders' Club yahoo group: http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/r2builders/?yguid=98511646

Astromech forum: http://astromech.net/?q=node/1

Also, if you want, you can send me a PM....I am a R2-D2 Builders' club member (I'd offer my droid in the wedding, but NY is a bit far), and I am an avid costume sewing freak (especially Padme & Leia).

LaylaOrgana ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very awesome. Thank you all for the posts. Smile And Rachel, I'll definitely send you a message.
Daritha (Christian)
Active Legion Member

Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I'm not contributing to the topic: I just want to express that I like the idea. Artoo as the "best man" who carries the rings. *gg*

Please send us pictures of the wedding when it takes place. That would be great! Very Happy

GBY | Temple Assistant Master
KJO | Member

Join the KJO - Form a Temple - Have fun!
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Medals: 11 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with your quest...
my R2 is not one that moves by remote control...
so...
I am no help...
and...
NY is indeed a distance from Chicago area where I live..

good luck though...it would be awesome.

Recently around here we had R2-S5 deliver an engagement ring at an event...it was really cool...

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Droids All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: