About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=cbb1c2c54eee908086d03bf0dfc14f38Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Houston-Model Warship Combat, Inc. Awards Ceremony-July 23

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Kessel Base -> Kessel Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cris-le-calis ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Houston-Model Warship Combat, Inc. Awards Ceremony-July 23 Reply with quote

Please read thru all the items below and chime in if you can troop this. It will be small, but I think it will be fun too.

What: Model Warship Combat, Inc. Awards Ceremony

When: Friday, July 23rd @ 7PM

Where: H and H Ranch Banquet Hall
4000 Greens Road
Houston, TX 77032-2300

Secure changing/stowage: Yes

Details: "Hi Chris,

I have an idea for our National competition and wanted to know if you are interested.

Our group is Model Warship Combat, Inc. and at the kick off ceremony I wanted to have a Darth Vader perhaps with a stormtrooper vs a Jedi or Luke / Jedi or some combo thereof for an appearance / skit.

The groups are split between the Allied (us, england, etc.) and the Axis (germany, japan, etc.). Over the years they have referred to the Axis as the 'Dark Side' and there is a lot of Star Wars reference between the two sides.

The awards for most feared allied and most feared axis are going to be modified Star Wars vinyl or cold cast statues." "We are a small non-profit and don’t have much of a budget this year. I cant commit to a donation but will if the board allows it after the expenses are tallied.

There will be no cost to attend, refreshments should be no problem. I am sure a place to change can be arranged I will check on it this week. The building will be air conditioned so I hope that helps.

We definitely need rebel and empire forces to make it really cool. We really need a Darth Vader if we can get one and Jedi Knight at the minimum.

I plan to put this on video aftewards."

Their site - www.mwci.org
Footage of what they do: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYPoIHZA5mI

Troopers:
(TK8171 501st Legion-Star Garrison
*STX Squad Leader* )

caandssmith@att.net
www.facebook.com/TK8171?ref=profile
www.myspace.com/tk8171

CELL# 713-553-9838

Catch my Blog @ http://tk8171.blogspot.com/
cris-le-calis ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are hoping to have maybe Jedi vs Empire, so hopefully we can give both. Sign up and let me know if you can go. WW2 fans might really enjoy this too.
(TK8171 501st Legion-Star Garrison
*STX Squad Leader* )

caandssmith@att.net
www.facebook.com/TK8171?ref=profile
www.myspace.com/tk8171

CELL# 713-553-9838

Catch my Blog @ http://tk8171.blogspot.com/
herbie7159 (Marshall Conover)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should be good for this. Put me down
SirkEkulSetax (Kris Luke)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm down for making this---just checked out their Web site: this is some cool stuff!! Dance Chewie

Kessel Base Public Relations Officer
KJO Detachment member - NR formal Jedi Master
501st Legion/Star Garrison/STXSquad - TK5157
"If I ever cross blades with another Yuuzhan Vong warrior who can handle a lightsaber, it'll be way too soon."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Kessel Base -> Kessel Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: