About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d7ec43ef46310ea7f43eadcfd8c40017Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Gen Con?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mos Espa Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sugar Jedi (Jason Vey)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Gen Con? Reply with quote

Hi, all,

I'm actually a member of Echo Base, but I attend Gen Con every year and was wondering if the RL has plans for a presence there. If so, would you all mind if I trooped with you at some point during the weekend? It would be my first troop, in all probability, so you'd have to be gentle with me Wink.

Thanks!

"A Jedi knight!? Jeez, I'm out of it for a little while, and everyone gets delusions of grandeur!"
The Sugar Jedi formerly known as The Grey Elf
KJO (Blumfruit Temple)
Echo Base (Western PA)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cj five ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GenCon is, as one member once told a reporter, "Practice" for dragon Con. Mos Espa and Bloodfin always try to get together for a day of trooping, seeing the sights, and of course visiting the ram for some fun. We welcome all fans, weather rebel, empire, or nef herder. The more the merrier.
Ernie
Sugar Jedi (Jason Vey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dream of some day making Dragoncon.

But I will def. be at Gen Con. What would the procedure be for meeting up with you guys? Bear with me if I'm asking stupid questions--I apologize. As I said, never trooped before. Not sure what all is involved.

"A Jedi knight!? Jeez, I'm out of it for a little while, and everyone gets delusions of grandeur!"
KJO (Blumfruit Temple)
Echo Base (Western PA)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sugar Jedi (Jason Vey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to bump this up for more info on hooking up with you all for trooping at Gen Con.

Thanks!

KJO (Blumfruit Temple)
Echo Base (Western PA)
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually can be found at Gen Con wandering around. I think it was last year we had a Picture shoot with a ton of RFT's

You may wanna hook up with the Hoff on this, see if there are plans to do it again this year.

Bob
hofmann (Matt Hofmann)
Mos Espa Base CO
Mos Espa Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're in the pre-planning discussion area right now, but there might be some fun trooping opportunities coming and our standard Saturday nite debauchery at The Ram. I'll post here when specifics are up, but also feel free to join us on starwarsindiana.com to stay up to date Smile
Mos Espa Base CO
Mos Espa Base CO

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those coming to GenCon and bringing costumes, there were be a troop all weekend at Scotty's Brewhouse a couple blocks away from the convention center. They'd like to have SW characters there Thurs-Sunday evenings at least at this point but might expand on Saturday and Sunday.

There'll be a photo area for charity, special stuff for kids, a couple special incentives and possibly some surprise guests, but I'll have more info as it gets closer. If you're coming into town and would like to troop if you're bringing costumes (SW or otherwise as long as they look good) post here, PM me, or come join up on starwarsindiana.com and introduce yourself!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good! Saturday is my birthday and I'm supposed to be hooking up with friends...but my preference is to go to the Ram, so maybe I will see you guys there. I would like to try and hook up to troop for a little while at least once during the con...my plan (which never survives contact with the enemy) is to cosplay at the con with three different costumes on three different days...though only one of them (my Jedi) is RL-approved at the moment. The second (my Han Solo costume) needs some tweaking before it's ready, but it's good enough to wear for fun at the con, and the third is my Imperial Knight (assuming I can finish it).

KJO (Blumfruit Temple)
Echo Base (Western PA)
hofmann (Matt Hofmann)
Mos Espa Base CO
Mos Espa Base CO

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, just let me know what day you think you can troop, Jason, and I'll write your name down, thanks!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lemme check my event schedule (I'm attending a ton of writing seminars). By when do you need to know?

KJO (Blumfruit Temple)
Echo Base (Western PA)
hofmann (Matt Hofmann)
Mos Espa Base CO
Mos Espa Base CO

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably not until about the week before; you've got time Smile
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the rules for trooping at GC so far as time commitment goes? It looks like I have seminars every day--here is my schedule of events:

WKS1009699 (The Rules of Writing - Thursday at 04:00PM)

WKS1009735 (21 Days to a Novel - Friday at 04:00PM)

WKS1009892 (How to Make a Living as a Writer - Saturday at 01:00PM)
WKS1009898 (Characterization - Saturday at 03:00PM)

WKS1009911 (The Business of Writing - Sunday at 11:00AM)

It looks like Saturday is out, but Thursday or Friday could work, so long as I could still attend the seminars (they were a bit pricey and are with Michael Stackpole, who always hosts great seminars).

KJO (Blumfruit Temple)
Echo Base (Western PA)

Last edited by Sugar Jedi (Jason Vey) on Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
hofmann (Matt Hofmann)
Mos Espa Base CO
Mos Espa Base CO

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thursday and Friday trooping will be in the evenings, so you should be okay. I'll have a schedule in another week or two.
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm coming up probably Friday night and staying until Sunday around noon or so. Not sure WHAT I am bringing costume wise. Maybe pilot but maybe Jill Valentine from RE

Never been, just figured its only about 5 hours away and Q and Otter are going and might beat me if I dont come visit.
Sugar Jedi (Jason Vey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, put me down for Thursday, if you would! Probably best to meet everyone as early as possible Smile

Also, it looks like my birthday plans fell through (if you can believe it, EVERYONE I normally go to GC to see is not attending this year), so if you all are heading to the Ram on Saturday evening, ok if my wife and I join the fun?

KJO (Blumfruit Temple)
Echo Base (Western PA)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mos Espa Base All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: