About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=fdb5db4c69443d6f9070d83e9fc8e7d2Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Princess Leia Endor Q & A
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Princess Leia Organa (Lori)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heehee.. no worries! Those guys (Belgians) are bringing lots of goodies! Wink

Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought we heard that the speeder bike in the convention center won't be allowing photo ops - they worry the line would be too long? Just a rumor I heard at SW in Concert from some 501st members.

But I was counting on taking a photo on the bike at Hollywood Studios for sure!

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes
Leia (Vera Campbell)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Kay Dee! Very Happy I hope they let you take pics on that thing, so wish I could be at C5 to do that...

Now that I think of it, I had some weird dream last night that had me wearing this costume... Shocked and I still had problems with hair hair/wig Wink stupid dream...

rebelshaven.blogspot.com
verdaera.deviantart.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay_Dee wrote:
I thought we heard that the speeder bike in the convention center won't be allowing photo ops - they worry the line would be too long? Just a rumor I heard at SW in Concert from some 501st members.

But I was counting on taking a photo on the bike at Hollywood Studios for sure!

I don't think they'd be bringing them if they weren't going to be used for photo ops. That's what they were used for at Celebration Europe. I think the rumor might have come from how they're going to maintain line control.

http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK - I just wanted to check since it is not specified in the standards. It seems that nearly all of the photos I've collected of Leia show the vertical top stitching on the outer vest only on the front and back of her right shoulder (as worn). Not the left. This is the same vest worn by Endor Troopers and the tutorial online shows this detail on just one shoulder as well (though, it should extend to the back side of the vest if we are gonna nit-pick).

Just want to verify I'm on the right track here in my observation of the design before I draft/sew my vest.

And since this is the same vest worn by Endor Troopers, isn't it more of a cool toned khaki with perhaps a hint of gray, not a true "Gray"? It only seems gray when placed next to the warmer beige shirt she wears IMO (and from my experience with a semester of color theory).

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Leia (Vera Campbell)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, the stitching is only one the right side, front and back

The 'gray' was a hard color to place since it almost looks blue in some pics like the above, but I'd say yeah, a warmer gray like a ceramic clay color almost. I had to overdye my fabric, I wonder if overdying a khaki fabric in a gray, or a gray fabric in a khaki would get a closer color.

rebelshaven.blogspot.com
verdaera.deviantart.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the confirmation on shoulder top-stitching Smile

Honestly, the many of screen caps from the remastered OT movies are all over saturated. The colors are overly bright and exaggerated. I don't think the color read on that screen cap is quite correct. The studio photos (or even stills taken on the set) tend to have better lighting to get a read on the color (if they were processed correctly. That's a whole other story... ). My best guess at the vest color is that it is more of a greyish khaki. Another way to describe it would be a very warm gray (gray with a lot of yellow in it, to where it starts to lean quite brownish).

I found a grayish khaki color twill but it should probably be a tad darker or grayer so I had already planned to play with overdying it in some pearl gray rit.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of my wild and random speculations about the AN-H soft helmet modifications for the endor donut helmet. Plenty of screen cap notations:

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=332737#332737

And another note, I like the idea they have at Parts of Star Wars about having Leia's helmet as XL to fit her hairstyle. But honestly, I believe that when she has that helmet on she is not wearing the half/wig braid extensions. Just look at her neck, the two massive braided buns are not hiding under there at all. LOL!

On a hair styling note... I really think that the braids are all attached to a half wig/fall. The hair color is slightly different than the front of her head. And at the front of her head, there is no part, but the fall does have a part. Yeah, that effect can be mimicked if you put a headband on your head and then part the hair at the back only... but the way the back of her hair puffs up and doesn't match the front 100% I think it's gotta be a hair piece. I can just see them filming the scene with Wickett. She starts to take off the helmet "Cut, bring in the wig!" plop the wig on her head, she pretends to finish taking the helmet off to reveal her hairstyle. LOL! How am I gonna do that at a con?

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And because I only now just realized it, Leia and Lando have the same pants Smile All these little things I never paid attention to...

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
padme911 (Becca K)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole costume is similar and I have said the same thing in the Rebel Commander area about the Lando costume.
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

padme911 wrote:
The whole costume is similar and I have said the same thing in the Rebel Commander area about the Lando costume.

Yeah, I'm just getting up to speed (and feeling like I'm about to crash and burn and won't finish this by CV). I didn't mean to be redundant as I'd never checked out Lando discussions, but I figured if it was news to me that others working on this costume in the future might find it an interesting factoid Smile Not to mention they have pretty much the same shirts (one short sleeve, one long sleeve). Outer vest is a totally different color and style though.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
lgtsbr ()

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to resurrect a old thread, but I think I found a good front slide piece for the buckle. Have a look:

It is stamped metal, black, and pretty thick as you can see. I am waiting on some web belt material to come in and then I will be able to finish up this belt.

Thoughts?

Dave
Blue (Beth)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it looks great!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lgtsbr ()

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Beth!

I got some webbing in today for the main belt, I know this isn't how the web attaches to the slide, but I wanted to see how it looked and get opinions on color (olive drab and forrest green):

Thoughts on these?

Dave
Blue (Beth)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the olive looks better
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: