About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=82ce1d20ac631e325884b45ee87d9636Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

X-Wing Chestbox Reference
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> Rebel Pilot Tutorials, Templates & References
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mookie (Richard Fairbrother)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There goes the neighborhood. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
padme911 (Becca K)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double T wrote:
This is what happens when you're double checking Google for information that Employers can find on you. Wink About six pages in is this thread, with my name on it. So what does a bored person who's spending most of the day digging for work online do?

Yep, re-create a forum account so he can kid around.

Yep, let's be honest here, my maturity levels have already been shown to be not THAT high. Wink

Needless to say, yes, it's really me. Yes, I'm actually pseudo back....still have the main focus of trying to find a job, and any distraction is good. I know I'm not gunning for membership any time soon. My X-Wing Pilot is no longer up to standard after all the discoveries that have been found in the last 9 years since I put it together, and I have no good shots of the Rebel Fleet Trooper either.

And trust me, if I was having those delusions, wouldn't I have made a big deal post in a main forum, instead of coming here to do something just a bit more in character?

Evil or Very Mad

I'll be poking around for a bit, but you will see me back around.

Tony

It's ok, Tony...I will be sure to look for you sooner rather than later(you know how this stuff bites you). Just look at who else is back:
Mookie wrote:

Ah it is truly a banner year for the RL Wink It feels sort of like a HS reunion Mr. Green
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mookie hasn't been around much, lately though.

Today, I told him on AIM that Tony was back on the boards. I guess that's why he popped in. I hope Richard will be here more often.
Smile
Legion Legacy Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mookie wrote:

Well ya know, man... the only way I could afford to come back by is you lowering the property values. Wink

Kidding. Who loves ya, in a purely platonic fashion? Smile

BTW, just to make sure, yep. No good RFT shots right now. All of them were either taken with a POS camera at a con, or they've got my daughter hanging all over me. *LOL*

And it's not really like a HS reunion. I would never attend one of those no matter what. Wink

T
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Arkos ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waaa I just post there to salute Tony and Richard
THANKS you Gentlemens! Cool Cool
I'm pretty happy to see you there!

Arkos, french base founder.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Mieal Deneb (Rachel Orange)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bringing this topic back to the original intent, I just wanted the thank Gil for posting the reference for the chest boxes, and thanks to Lori for posting the Smoke Grey color, it looks great! I just painted Jason's and my chest boxes today! I can't wait to get the details put on...now to decide which style to choose. Smile

xSchmitterSx ()
Benelux Base XO
Benelux Base XO

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay about the chestbox buckle . . . on each troop i have to ask someone to help me with the buckle .

Does some one has an sollution that not violate the dress code ?
Is it possible to get near the chest box some opening clickin system or something ?
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what I did for my friend Zhi-Don's chest box so he wouldn't have to bother with taking one side of the lower strapping out of the buckle (I plan to do it on my own, if I ever finish it Rolling Eyes ).

First, we used JB Weld to install the male parts of 4 snaps inside the sides and top of the chest box, and set the female parts onto the ends of the straps. (This is kind of beside the fact, it's just how we decided to attach the straps to the chest box.)

On the right side of the lower strap, there's just a short piece of strap that comes out of the chest box with the snap on it. I sewed a 2 inch long piece of olive drab Velcro to the end of this piece. The other side of the Velcro I sewed to a longer strap.

With this method, he is able to get in and out of his chest box without assistance and the buckle stays centered. Being on the side, it's easy for him to reach to pull apart the Velcro to open up the bottom strap.

Sure, it's a little bulkier than the single strap, but it's right up against the the side of the chest box and when his arm is down it's covered.

I've trooped with him several times since he's had his Pilot costume finished and I've never noticed the Velcroed area, even though I know it's there. I don't think anyone has notices it, either.

Both the OD webbing and the Velcro came from Strapworks. Wink
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xSchmitterSx wrote:
Okay about the chestbox buckle . . . on each troop i have to ask someone to help me with the buckle .

Does some one has an sollution that not violate the dress code ?
Is it possible to get near the chest box some opening clickin system or something ?

Put the box on backwards and fix the buckle and then turn it the correct way with the box in the front? Mr. Green

DXO • RLSC

There is NO Orange Mafia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then you are looking at it upside down.

It'd still a pain be a in the butt, IMO.

Sometimes I like to side with easy of wear/use and practicality, rather than absolute "accuracy".

But that's me.

Maybe I'm just lazy.
Razz
Benelux Base XO
Benelux Base XO

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you for the advice , i gone to work it out , and share it . . .
the blue in the sky will turn orange
xSchmitterSx ()
Benelux Base XO
Benelux Base XO

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the result:

This is the back of the chestbox like it was:

I got this chestbox of the former CO Darktrooper (Benelux base).

The strap in the neck, was not really comfortable. And than i had to find someone to help me with the ladderlock.

But from my personal experience, i decide to made few changes to made everything comfortable without breaking the dresscode. It's not that George call us: "dudes (and dudetess) i have a surprise: "a real flying X-Wing"".

I put over the plastic back plate an aluminium plate and cut the plate in the right shape. This is an thine aluminium plate, cut with a sharp sciccors. Easy to find in a good hardware store. After sanding the edges so they don't cut.

Cut (with an sharp (wood) chisel) out the holes for the neck strap. In the middle where the holes are for the waist strap drill a screw hole.

Finished:

In the middle i use a elastic so when i move the chestbox move a little with me. The two backpack locks don't come out the chestbox. The ladderlock is put in place on my back .

I have tested it, in uniform ... and the story is true guys: girls/women/ females like a man in uniform. I went walking in the street to greet my neighbours.
Furiafelina (Ineabelle Rodriguez)
Puerto Rico Base CO
Puerto Rico Base CO

Medals: 9 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need help with my chest box. Could someone post reference pictures of approved chest box and point me in the right direction to where to find, buy or construction tutorials?

tnx!

Detachment Leader / Former Legion Costume Judge
luke9511 (Ronald Jones III)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Furiafelina wrote:
I need help with my chest box. Could someone post reference pictures of approved chest box and point me in the right direction to where to find, buy or construction tutorials?

tnx!

check out this thread here http://rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22733&sid=a6b9082695638e7e4b5ac87c9a41661c you can find the chestbox he used on ebay. goodluck! Smile
Furiafelina (Ineabelle Rodriguez)
Puerto Rico Base CO
Puerto Rico Base CO

Medals: 9 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 2 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot, I have that chest box but the original version, now I'm to upgrade it to modified version, hehe! Razz

Detachment Leader / Former Legion Costume Judge
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> Rebel Pilot Tutorials, Templates & References All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: