Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=ae6b0bdab64228ebb8235af876ef6201Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

New UT,ID,MT Split-Off Base CO Question Thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Rogue Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi Master Tic-Ja Faila (Jakob Lau Smith Tice)
Rogue Base CO
Rogue Base CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:35 am    Post subject: New UT,ID,MT Split-Off Base CO Question Thread Reply with quote

Greetings Everybody,

The Question and Answer period for the Base CO Election is here. Please post your questions for ALL of the candidates in THIS thread. That way we can keep things organized by having each candidate respond in his/her own thread.

Once again, the candidates for the new Base CO are...
Jakob Tice
Shane Gordon
Margaret Cluff

Please keep your questions specific, relevant, and polite.
Bouri-Plwel ()
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am editing the heading on this thread to make it more clear that this is for the formation of the new split-off base and not for the existing Mountain Base CO.

V/R,

"It was an honor just to be nominated!"
"Remember - You are UNIQUE....Just like everyone else!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Handyman (Mike Handy)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck to all the candidates.

Here are my initial questions...

The 501st Legion is well established in Utah and Idaho and is growing in Montana. The vast majority of Rebel Legion members in the new base boundaries are also members of the 501st Legion. Rebel Legion characters have Trooped at these 501st events from the very beginning. This makes a clear connection between the two groups. As the new Rebel Base grows and establishes it's own identity, it will be imperative to have a healthy relationship of cooperation with the local 501st Garrisons.

If you are elected as Commanding Officer of the new Rebel Legion Base, how do you plan on handling that cooperation while at the same time maintaining the integrity of the Rebel Base? Do you have a formal plan for how to coordinate joint events with the 501st Legion?

Much has been said about the new Rebel Base needing to step out from the shadow of the 501st. How do you plan to establish a unique identity for the Rebel Base?

Thanks for answering my questions. Smile

Regards,
LostSkywalker (Christopher Blair)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple questions I think could really use being addressed by our candidates. Good, solid, and well regarding some of the unique situations involved in groups like ours.

1. This is in regards to relations with other costume groups outside our own domain, as it were. Since the more public awareness of the 501st, and the Rebel legion, other fandom groups have begun a loose "organization" to have a common theme and name to make others aware by. They also, like the 501st and the RL, delve into charity work and the like for the possible betterment of their communities and fellow people. Some examples, especially locally for us, would be the Mandolorian Mercs, a fellow Star Wars costuming organization, and the Ghostbusters International. If elected, what would be your stance and position to relations with these other costume enthusiast groups?

2. This one is regarding potential new members. Alpine Garrison is rather known for its Cadet program, one that has been seen popping up in a few other Garrisons. If elected, what would be your stance and potential policy for the encouragement and assistance of helping a dedicated potential trooper to getting a costume to accepted standards for membership, and their inclusion in official troops?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you plan on dealing with the higher ups, or passing along comments, suggestions, questions from the base level to the people who can make things happen?

I know that from time to time, someone will have something they want implemented or changed, but it feels like the individual members have no sway.

As a CO, what actions will you take when there are enough members of your base who want to suggest a change to the people in power?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dark Radiance ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recently, as with any group of people, there has been some back-biting and behind-the-back talking. As the CO, if this information would come to you how would you handle the situation?

As the costuming standards are getting better and better, how are you going to work with those who are members who costume(s) don't match the current standards? Also, how are you going to help "insure" quality in the base?
dartoftruth ()

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How would you respond to claims that things are all moving too quickly with this base approval process?

I'm new to all this and the first to admit I know nothing about how it all works, but to me, looking at this as a standard democratic function, something feels..off to me.

It seems like the wrong things were(are) being handled by the wrong people, and that overall, the way this new base is being formed is a tad...questionable.

Don't get me wrong. I want this new base more than anything and I think it will be a terrific move for the RL in our area.

I just want to address the concern that I have that perhaps it is being created through the wrong people/channels/means.

After all, even a democratic party can turn into a dictatorship if we aren't careful...i.e. Palpatine. Wink

-------------------------

Sorry if this question didn't make much sense, but its a concern thats kept me up at night.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Granny-Wan (Marie Cannon)
Mos Eisley Base XO
Mos Eisley Base  XO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dartoftruth wrote:
How would you respond to claims that things are all moving too quickly with this base approval process?

I'm new to all this and the first to admit I know nothing about how it all works, but to me, looking at this as a standard democratic function, something feels..off to me.

It seems like the wrong things were(are) being handled by the wrong people, and that overall, the way this new base is being formed is a tad...questionable.

Don't get me wrong. I want this new base more than anything and I think it will be a terrific move for the RL in our area.

I just want to address the concern that I have that perhaps it is being created through the wrong people/channels/means.

After all, even a democratic party can turn into a dictatorship if we aren't careful...i.e. Palpatine. Wink

Sorry if this question didn't make much sense, but its a concern thats kept me up at night.

What would keep me up at night is a post like this... the insinuation that people who are willing to dedicate their time to creating a new base have some sort of ulterior motive... it's insulting!

I was involved in the formation of Mos Eisley Base, and I think this new base is progressing nicely. If anything, we could move faster.

The Charter is being followed, and we have our liasion in place, so it's really out of line to say the proper channels or means are not being used.

If you really want to discuss your concern, why not start a thread a open it up to everyone?

Everyone so far has been doing a great job!

Sorry for butting in, but I couldn't let potential insults pass without throwing in my 2 credits worth.

Any of the candidates who wish to comment are welcome to! Very Happy
Bouri-Plwel ()
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dartoftruth wrote:

Mountain Base,
I try not to comment in these threads as new bases are being formed unless it is needed so I apologize for derailing the topic at hand. If you have concerns about the base creation process or have specific grievences about what has happened so far, please direct your questions to ME privately in PM (or publicly if you must) as I am the Legion Council member responsible to oversee the creation of new bases and outposts. I have already done two of these and I am more than happy to answer any of your questions you may have to include what you will and will not be able to be involved in throughout the process as just a forum user. Please let me know how I can assist you.

"It was an honor just to be nominated!"
"Remember - You are UNIQUE....Just like everyone else!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Rogue Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: