About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=ddf567870578e8e4e4bdcab58f74a702Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Star Wars in Concert
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Outrider Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:31 am    Post subject: Star Wars in Concert Reply with quote

Coming to Rexal Place June 27 2010 for a 2 pm and 7 pm showing

I'm really hoping a lot of us will be attending and in costume though I haven't heard anything from Lucasfilm or the 501st Badlands if there will be any kind of RL/501 official pressence requested.

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/Star-Wars-In-Concert-tickets/artist/1344151?tm_link=edp_Artist_Image

'Just because I don't like to fight. Doesn't mean I can't'

'They can be a great people Kal-El they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way'

'JASON' Detachment

Last edited by Ky-Wan Zann () on Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:42 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sidewalker (Shawn Trainor)
Outrider Base CO
Outrider Base CO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is something with the 501st in the works. When there is more information, I'll look into RL involvement.
Hett'ciri Clan Alor'ad
Jedi Ranger (Kris Joosten)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope so! I have read reviews from other cities, and both the RL and 501st were present. Peeople were raving about having both groups present and available for photos.

"If you want peace, prepare for war."
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Legion Council has given me the E-mail of the organizers for this. I'm just waiting to hear back from them on if were needed or wanted as well as the 501 in case they don't know who to talk to yet.

'They can be a great people Kal-El they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way'

'JASON' Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PrincessLiann

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the date for this has changed to June 27
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the update Liann, tickets are still slated to go up for sale the 16th of April(this week)

'JASON' Detachment
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've been asked by the organizers if were intrested in helping at the evnts here and in Calgary. We would see the show for free but have to get in and out of costume in between the shows. As well the costumes were planning on wearing have to be seen by the organizers before hand so they can approve them to be worn or not. We'd have to be in character while the beginning of the show, intermission and finale occur. So if your dressed as Princess Leia for example you have to talk and act as Princess Leia.

The 501s have been notified as well but I haven't heard anythingback from them as of yet if they are planning to do anything or not

'JASON' Detachment
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was waiting for this news! But now, I'm not so sure. With the listed restrictions, it sounds like there would be a good chance of missing at least part of the show. And during the show, were do we sit? I bet free seats won't be that great.

Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you would you have to be in street clothes during the performance becayse they don't want to distract the patrons then you have to change for the intermission and then again back into street clothes when the second part begins

I sent an e-mail to Angela about the 501 being involved. She mentioned that the CO's of Badlands would be taking care of it but I haven't heard anything from the 501 side as to if and what they are doing.

Also costumes have to be approved. The RL standards don't matter for this event it's if the concert LFL relations people ok the costume.

'JASON' Detachment
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'll have to pass, since I don't costume as any SPECIFIC screen character. Yes, my costumes fit the high standards of the Rebel Legion, KJO, Mando Mercs, and TJA. But I'm still not a recognizable "screen character".

Thanks for the info though, Jay!

Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem. I'd love to see soem intrestt from the base on this but at the same time....I still plan on going in costume to the shows. It's just a little easier not having to change and such so I'm still sure people will enjoy seeing Legion members there

'JASON' Detachment
PreludeRM ()

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scot was saying they want a total of 14 people in costume including handlers. Not to sure what they are going to do down here in Calgary. I think they are trying to get it organized. You might shoot him and email.
PrincessLiann

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

could i get the contact info to send my photos to please
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prelude, Thanks. I actually had sent the information to Angela who forwarded it to Scott but I haven't heard back from them. Yeah I suppose I can shoot Scott a line and ask what's up on their end.

Liann, I can forward you the E-Mail I recieved to your pms if that works for you?

'JASON' Detachment
PrincessLiann

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sure
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Outrider Base All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: