Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=c111a86c7b73e24c2c3e3a27fa484c0eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Camping trip - Henry Cowell Redwoods, June 11-13
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Taeriel ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to start making a personal contact list for people coming to this, so that we can have some more direct communications. I'll still post everything here as well. As May approaches, though, it's time to start getting things moving to the next level in terms of organizing things.

Speaking of which - a while back I brought up the question of how everyone feels about the space we currently have. Please see my post a few above. I need everyone's input on the question of cost vs how many people to put at a site. Please look at the number of people we're thinking of having, the number and condition of tent spaces I noted, the pictures, and consider whether that sounds good to you or if you think we would be better off spreading out. I don't want to get there and have people unhappy about it being too crowded at the common sites. I'm also not going to make this decision arbitrarily on my own. Please leave your feedback! Smile

If you're on the tentative list, but think you'll come - now is a good time to confirm. Smile
Taeriel's costume page
Taeriel ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... we're stuck with what we have. I was all set to beg again for input, but there are no longer any more campsites available to reserve for both nights. There are a couple left for Friday night, none of which are by our group. Sat night only has handicapped sites open at this point.

Sorry, guys. I've been asking you all to help decide this, but no one gave any input. I can only hope that means you're all happy with what we have.

I'm including below the post I'd already typed up, as it lays out how we will likely have to organize sharing tents.

Taking the explanation a step further, here is an idea of how many people would have to share tents in order for us to fit the current number of people into our current space. Please note that this assumes we have available tents in the appropriate sizes, something that hasn't been verified yet. Right now I am only laying out the space issue.

We are currently trying to fit 8 people at one site and 7 people at the other site. This is the confirmed people, and does not include anyone on the tentative list. (Except I did count tentative guests of members on the confirmed list, ie Eva's brother and Lloyd's wife.) Please check the first post of the thread to see which list you are on, and let me know ASAP if there are changes in the list!

Site 58:
* large tent (58d) - 4 people
* small tent (58b) - 2 people
* small tent (58c) - 2 people
Total: 8 people

Site 62:
* medium tent (62c) - will need to hold 3-5 people, depending on whether small tent spaces are utilized.
* small tent to right of fire pit. (62b) - Larger space, but can't put tent too close to fire and will want to save some of space for chairs. Could hold 2 people, but up to campers whether they want to put a tent next to the fire area.
* small tent, but not quite level and is close to table (just to left of table 62d) - could hold 2 people, but questionable whether to use spot. Up to campers whether to put tent here.
* driveway - 2 people. Matt's indicated he and Dale will be camping out of their car. Tentatively, given the way space is working out, it might make sense for them to be at this site. Depends on how we shuffle people and tents.

- Do you want to put tents in all the spots listed at site 62, given the issues I noted with the small tent spots?
- Are you comfortable with the idea of sharing the larger size tents, and 4-5 people sharing a tent at each site?

(Maybe the large spots could hold two small tents instead - I didn't go around with a tape measure, so I don't know.)

The next issue to be raised will be camping equipment. Among the people staying at the common sites, do we have the number and size of tents available to share? Shortly I will ask people to start listing camping equipment they can bring.
Taeriel's costume page
Taeriel ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Camping equipment

With only a bit over a month to go, we should start listing our camping equipment. This will fall into two categories: 1) general personal equipment that people should bring for themselves, 2) shared equipment (ie tents, camping stoves, ect).

I will start a list of suggested personal equipment that people should considering bringing. Please feel free to chime in with additional suggestions, and I will update the list here appropriately. I'm sure I'm not going to think of everything right away.

Suggested Personal Equipment
- warm sleeping bag
- extra blanket(s)
- cot / sleeping mat / air mattress (if desired)
- camping plates, bowls, utensils, cups, mugs
- pillow
- towel
- flashlight and/or lantern
- camping / picnic chair
- sunscreen
- bug spray
- hiking boots
- basic first aid supplies
- personal hygiene items
- food
- drinks (including water)
- warm clothes
- cool clothes

Please post here to list any shared equipment you can bring. Examples include tents (please list size), tarps, camping stoves, etc.
Taeriel's costume page
Taeriel ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently compiling a list of contact information for confirmed campers. I already have email and phone numbers for a lot of you, but I am missing a few. I'll be pm'ing people to get additional contact info.

I think what we will probably do going forward, once the contact list is complete, is to use a camping group email distribution list for announcements in place of sending email to the entire Endorbase list. This way people who aren't camping don't get extra email, and at the same time we can easily include people who are coming but aren't in Endorbase. Of course, all big updates will be posted here as well.

Please let me know if you do not want your email address to appear on the camping trip distribution list. I can put people on bcc instead of the viewable list if desired. If I don't hear otherwise, then your email will go on the general list.
Taeriel's costume page
Taeriel ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

General (group) equipment I can bring:

* small tent, holds 2-3 people
* camping stove (tentative, I'd have to ask to borrow from my parents)
* a little bit of firewood
Taeriel's costume page
SiaLan Wezz (Eva Vanecek)

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alison, I would not count Debbie into emails she stated to me she wants to keep the campsite to herself so be it. I told her I might end up in her camp site but she said no she wants it to herself. She has her own camping stuff. I have mine as well . I have 2 tents, what ever I dont have I will buy between now and than.I need a coleman stove and a cooler. When I have moved I threw alot of stuff away and need to rebuy all this anyway. If it was rusty or broken I did not take it with me in the move.I am bringing my canopy to go over the food table and an umbrella to sit under if it will fit into the car. Have about 4 folding chairs. my car also sleeps 2 people comfortably if anyone wants to sleep in car rather than the floor.
Dont worry about what angelica is posting. Charles is not coming because of Z's asthma.I dont have room in my car to bring a fourth person. Since I do not have a rack, everything must go into the car including the 3 people.
Taeriel ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've updated the confirmed attendance list. Please note that the common sites are now FULL for Friday night. There are still 3 slots open for Sat night.
Taeriel's costume page
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One month to go (and 3 months til CV! Wink)

http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Taeriel ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stopped by the campground last weekend while out hiking. Site 58 was occupied, but site 62 was open and I was able to pace out an estimate of the tent spot sizes for us. Please bear in mind that these are only rough estimates.

Estimated tent spot sizes for site 62:

Behind the site: ~11x14'
Left of the picnic table: ~10x10" - 11x11", very slight uneven slope on part
Behind and right of the fire pit: ~11x11", slight uneven ground and slope approaching tree at back left corner. Might work better using a smaller tent (8x8'?) to both give more room around fire and not snug up to uneven ground.

I glanced into site 58 from the street, and could see that they had 3 tents set up. One looked like a big one. The other two were small-medium (meaning ~8x8'?).

So, that's what we have available. Please post if you have a tent you can bring. We should start figuring out the logistics of available tents, who can share, and such.
Taeriel's costume page
Trooperdad (Don Ganschow)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 4 person tent and will have 3 people with me. We're looking forward to this campout (actually, between now and this campout, I'll be camping out 2 times and the week after Henry Cowell I'll camp out at the beach). Camping is fun!

We have room for a single in our tent. We can bring camp stove, griddle, cooking gear, and gas lantern. We also have room in the car for that single person and their stuff and costume--but, we are only staying 1 night (Friday) and returning late Saturday PM.

Don G.
Taeriel ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, Don! Do you know about what size your four person tent is? I'm just trying to picture where things might fit. We're also going to have to do some shuffling since you're there just Friday night.

I pulled my tent out of storage the other day and saw it was 8x8'. I'm flexible on whether or not to use it - I am happy to bring it and share with others (maybe 2 other people?). Or if we have too many tents, I can leave it in the car as backup.
Taeriel's costume page
Taeriel ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email distribution list - I just send out a test email to a camping group distribution list, insofar as the email contact information I have on hand. If you are on the confirmed camping list and did NOT receive the email, please let me know. Likewise, if you are tentative on coming, or planning on coming during the day, and would like to be added to the list, please let me know. Thanks!
Taeriel's costume page
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be bringing:

Large cooler
5-gallon container for drinking water
3 chairs
Lantern
First-Aid kit

What are we doing about food?

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Taeriel ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone is responsible for their own food. We are not doing potlocks or group food for this trip. If a few individuals wish to make their own arrangements to share, that is of course up to them. But please do not come expecting food and drink to magically appear at the campsite. Wink Please plan accordingly and bring whatever you wish to eat and drink for the mealtimes that you will be there.

As for cooking, there is no regular, standing BQQ at the site. The only on-site grill is a very small one that folds over half the campfire. It probably isn't reliable for cooking - the fire will be set at a level for sitting around, not for food prep. A few people are talking about bringing camping stoves and will probably share their use - but remember that you will need pots and pans to cook on!
Taeriel's costume page
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Memorial Day weekend, there are lots of sales at sporting goods stores for camping stuff, including Sportsmans Guide!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: