About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=36b6887091c435070c6924ee3bcc2cc1Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

We need droids at the RL CV display!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Droids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rando Mextra (Mark Bradley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:05 am    Post subject: We need droids at the RL CV display! Reply with quote

A special message for droid owners/builders:

We are putting together a 'Rebel Base' themed display for Celebration 5.

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22451

Part of our rebel base 'set' will be a droid maintenance area. We need a few astromechs to populate this spot as well as some droid 'junk' for the scene.

So if you have a droid that you'd like to 'post' in our area, let me know- it will be a static display only.

As for the droid junk- we would like to have a few recognizable droid parts, so if you have any broken/incomplete/imperfect parts that have been sitting around, we can weather them and include them in the display.

We are particularly looking for a R2-style dome/head to got on a shelf- it can be incomplete, damaged, etc.

You can certainly get your junk parts back after the show, but we need to be able to weather and alter the parts.

Needless to say, its more practical for folks local to the RaKura Base area to donate junk parts, but I'll pay the postage for a R2 dome, or other parts.

Any help is appreciated!

Mark

Stormtroopers: The Other White Meat

Lumwyrm ()
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark, I can bring Whyren.
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be willing to purchase a droid dome and paint it and bring it down so if anyone has any cast offs for sale , please post up Smile
JawaJaka ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please contact Cole Horton (HoosierTrooper) on the R2 Builders Club (www.astromech.net, free to sign up). He makes most of the domes, plastic and metal, so he might have a few spare dinged up badly made domes that he couldn't sell to the group. He's a cool guy and might be willing to donate a dome (or sell for cost). There are a lot of excellent silver metallic paints out there to make the plastic dome look real. As for spare parts, look under "Parts Junkyard" in the astromech forums; someone is always selling or trading stuff. I haven't seen a dome on there yet, but who knows...

As for whole droids, we'll all be in the droid builders room. There might be some builders willing to have their droid in your display for an hour or so for photo ops, but I doubt there are any to display all day.

I hope this helps.
Jawa Jaka (R2 builder)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll drop him a PM.

We will have at least 3 full astromechs at our display full time, including a full functioning R2. At this point, anything more we can get will be very welcome, but will be icing on the cake so to speak.

At this point, the 'junk' is moslty what we need, so hopefully Cole can help out!

Mark

Trooper TK409 (Chris Bartlett)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The link at the top is broken, is this still the place to post? I'm available as Threepio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAtsDfZYjMY

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep Chris, we're counting on you to be there!!

Mark

Mieal Deneb (Rachel Orange)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry my R2 won't be available for the RL booth. After waiting 8 years I finally have a complete droid to display in the R2-D2 Builders' room, so we (R2 & I) can't miss that! Smile

HoosierTrooper ()

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mark!

I just got back to you via PM. I think we have some stuff that will work perfectly for you. I don't mind giving them away if you are willing to pay shipping. I think I can get two domes in one box as well. Very Happy

The display you are describing just reminded me of a similar type of scene from Watto's shop. The prop department put a R2 looking dome in the background. It looks like the panels are all painted up and they attached some custom eyes. You could easily do the same (in one afternoon) with the extra domes I have.

Active Legion Member

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cole,

This is exactly the look we are going for! Thanks!

Mark

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big thank you to HoosierTrooper (Cole) for some great droid parts he'll be sending our way!

And again, thanks for the advice JawaJaka!

M

JawaJaka ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to help. I might have a couple aluminum parts hanging around, but I really don't want them painted at this point (they're for another droid I'll build later). Maybe they can be used as "new shiny replacement parts from the factory", or something like that. I'll be lending some other parts for the droid room as well.
Aramys Strael (Bill Kohlleppel)

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I have reduced that big Gonk of mine to parts, do you want me to see what could be used for some sort of prop display (like the feet), or are you just wanting astromech droid parts for the display?

Let me know if you would be interested. I can go to my storage unit and see what I can part with.

*It would give me an excuse to take inventory of what I need to do the fabled version 2, that I always wanted to do, since the first one was so heavy and made of wood.

- Bill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Active Legion Member

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JawaJaka:
I like the idea of having some 'factory fresh' parts; I'll leave that up to you whether or not you'd like to bring them and leave them out. Dunno- might make me a little nervous to not have the 'nailed down'.

Bill:
We need all kinds of droids and droid parts (not just astros). Gonk parts would be great!

M

Aramys Strael (Bill Kohlleppel)

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll see what I can come up with, for you.

I am definitely going to CV. So, either I will bring them with me, or I will ship them, in advance, to my hotel room.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Droids All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: