About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=7bcb1b9455caf930c5d418555c66610dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Mooseman's Skiff Guard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jedi_ric (rick chinn)
Hoth Base CO
Hoth Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 5:03 am    Post subject: Mooseman's Skiff Guard Reply with quote

Hi All

we have a new member in Tatooine base that has a skiff guard outfit

We need some feedback if possible on the following points

1) does it fit into the Whreched Hive

2) do we have some standards for the Skiff Guard

3) do we write up some standard?

Some pic's

Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is he human?

I could be wrong, but the Wretched Hive seems to be only for non-humans.

Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lori is correct. The Wretched Hive is aliens and creatures only. The Skiff guard is human.

As for the costume, off the bat the helmet needs some work. Here is a picture of Lando's helmet:

http://www.jedi-business.com/images/actionFigures/The-Legacy-Collection/The-Legacy-Collection-Lando-Calrissian-Skiff-Guard_Big_6.jpg

It is much darker, the mouth/jaw guard is completely the wrong color. I'd suggest he paint the gray part a gun metal gray and then depending on the material used for the rest a stain could be used to darken it up.

Also, the bones sticking out from the mouth/jaw guard need to be shortened and weathered.

I don't know about the rest of the outfit. I'd have to see more reference pictures.

Rest In Peace Iceobel - Faithful Dog - August 1997 - July 2011

Rest In Peace Leo - Feline Companion and Comforter - adopted March 2005 - August 2013
Aramys Strael (Bill Kohlleppel)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It also seems like the chin section may be too wide (unless this guy has a big square shaped chin - no offense intended). If you look at the close-up that Jada posted, it almost looks like that section of the helmet is only as wide as Billy Dee Williams chin.

Other than that, and the other suggestions Jada made, I think it is a good start. But she'd right, not only are the cheek/jaw guards a bit too light, so is the helmet. It needs to be dyed/painted a darker brown. I'd also maybe suggest shooting some black in the little nooks and crannies of the helmet surface to give it that weathered look.

Hope that helps!

- Bill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: