About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=ba7c32c27aaf7a39fb7dfaeb720ccffaMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Han Solo buckles again... orders wanted
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Weaponry and Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nikkos Khann (Conley Nichols)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikkos Khann wrote:
Are these still for sale? I would like to order some ANH ones.

'I've got a bad feeling about this!'
Docking Bay 94 Commanding Officer 2011-2014
Comlink Admin - Fringe LCJ,
Charter Committee
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
impearse (Ian Pearse)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check direct with Matt via his website - www.mpfilmcraft.com - he's very friendly and the hardware is excellent.
Nikkos Khann (Conley Nichols)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys! Just ordered the buckles, now just have to put it all together...... Surprised Shocked

'I've got a bad feeling about this!'
Docking Bay 94 Commanding Officer 2011-2014
Comlink Admin - Fringe LCJ,
Charter Committee
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB (JEFFREY BUHOLTZ)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one of these sets to put together and the ROTJ set from when I got the holster. It came with 2 screws that tightened by hand and they came off easy. They were smooth on top with out a slot. I am not sure what to call those. I replaced them with normal screws that tightened better. I need to replace them though as they are too rough and sharp. They started to put holes in my new pants that I just had made. What should I replace them with. Any ideas? The material is not as tough as my old pair of Dickies. I also am not sure what the post things are called that have to be added to my new set. that the screws go into. I think they are called key hole posts. Is that right. What size are they? Thanks

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

evolution toys on ebay has a similar set, with a similar problem. I've been contemplating buying them.. but I anticipate any screws/hardware needed to attach the metal bits to the leather, will stick out towards my body and damage/tear the pants (?)

(I might just order them anyways and cross that bridge when I come to it)
STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB (JEFFREY BUHOLTZ)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cobalt60 wrote:
evolution toys on ebay has a similar set, with a similar problem. I've been contemplating buying them.. but I anticipate any screws/hardware needed to attach the metal bits to the leather, will stick out towards my body and damage/tear the pants (?)

(I might just order them anyways and cross that bridge when I come to it)

That looks like a more user friendly design with out any extra hardware needed. The pins, iF you want to call them that, are built in already and seem flat and smooth enough not to cause damage.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject: Luke Buckle from ESB Reply with quote

Did I miss this Topic somewhere? Where can I get the belt and the buckle that Luke wore in Empire while in his X-Wing Pilot/.

Thanks
jedimika ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...I checked the first 5 pages of the Jedi area and didn't find a thread either. Maybe in the pilot section? It looks like Matt at MPfilmcraft (see above) has updated his website. In the past he offered a Luke belt/holster. It might be worth it to send him an e-mail and look into it. The Luke belt/holster doesn't look as difficult as a Han belt so if you have a leather store nearby that offers classes you might try putting it together yourself. Good luck and keep us posted.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info...I'm glad I was not the only one who could not find it.Smile
I'll check it out! Thanks for the help Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Weaponry and Props All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: