About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=09193c82467b2e3b9e93a863db96b529Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Changes to Royalty/Senatorial Costume Standards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mieal Deneb (Rachel Orange)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Changes to Royalty/Senatorial Costume Standards Reply with quote

Just as a heads up, several of the costume standards will be changing slightly. If you are in the process of making a costume, be sure to do a reality check with the standards found on the Rebel Legion website OFTEN to be sure that your costume will be approve-able by the time you finish.

u2ecila ()
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Do you have a list of which ones are changing? I have a few I need to submit with the new standards and a couple more in the works.

Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
padme911 (Becca K)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of them are being tweaked so you need to check them all before submitting but no major changes are planned.
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I will keep checking back - thanks! How exactly do I submit a costume for review anyway?
Smile
Alice
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
padme911 (Becca K)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a new costume, you click on My Costume at the top of the forum and then click Add a Costume. For a rejudging, you send it to the LCJ in that category(which would be Rachel Wink for this one).
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Changes to Royalty/Senatorial Costume Standards Reply with quote

Mieal Deneb wrote:
Just as a heads up, several of the costume standards will be changing slightly. If you are in the process of making a costume, be sure to do a reality check with the standards found on the Rebel Legion website OFTEN to be sure that your costume will be approve-able by the time you finish.

Hey Rachel, is there anywhere to see what changes are being proposed? Or what the timeframe is for when the changes will be posted? I'm finishing up doing some buying for a few upgrades/new costumes and just would hate to use up my budget on something wrong. :~)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All standards will be locked on May 15th to prepare for rejudging. As I explained before, there are no major changes, merely tweaking of wording and clarifying the standards. If you have notify us of what you are changing, we can help but there is just not a lot of time to go over every single minute change. All standards have a date stamp on them. I know I just revised and tweaked the Padme Pilot Standard.

It would only effect your new costumes as you have already been through rejudging once and have all new frames on your costumes.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okeydoke. :~) Thanks, Becca.

It's mainly things like looking for new boots for my battlemaiden, starting construction on the handmaiden throne room, get new gloves for my snow bunny, possibly re-make the skirt for my Dormé, maybe redoing (again!) my flame gown...

And after your post, that reminds me to go look at the Padmé pilot! Just started getting swatches for that.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GentleBant wrote:
Okeydoke. :~) Thanks, Becca.

It's mainly things like looking for new boots for my battlemaiden, starting construction on the handmaiden throne room, get new gloves for my snow bunny, possibly re-make the skirt for my Dormé, maybe redoing (again!) my flame gown...

And after your post, that reminds me to go look at the Padmé pilot! Just started getting swatches for that.

Again, all the costume you mentioned are formally approved in the new frames so you have nothing to worry about(especially since those particular parts of the standards I can confirm are not changing.) Rejudging only affects those with OLD FRAMES.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the standards for the Ep 1 Parade Handmaiden changing? If so, could someone be so kind as to let me know what is being looked at? I checked, but it doesn't seem like changes have been posted yet. I know you're really busy, so no rush on posting, I just wanted to help out a friend who is considering this costume. Any thoughts would be very much appreciated.
Mieal Deneb (Rachel Orange)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatooineboy wrote:
Posted on 30 November, 2010.

Just as an FYI, the Legion Costume Judges and the Legion Membership Officer have revised the following costumes:

ALL Princess Leia Standards, adjustment on the heel size.

These changes will be effective on 15 December, 2010.

Questions? Contact your Legion Costume Judges or the Legion Membership Officer.

GentleBant ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was posted in another thread, but I thought I'd repost/add a few suggestions.

The current standard reads:
Quote:
Padmé Amidala (Episode II: Attack of the Clones, Refugee Gown)
Required Items:
    Floor length underdress with sage and grape paisley pattern on a mustard yellow background. The center front, sides, and center back of the gown have a larger, coordinating pattern in a vertical stripe. Fitted capelette in same colors but larger pattern then underdress.
    Full sleeves are textured yellowy/sage gathered at wide cuffs that match the capelette fabric.
    Maroon calf length cape worn under capelette, with splits to reveal underdress sleeves.
    Low heeled coordinating tailored pumps or flats.
    Arched art deco-like halo headpiece covered by aged copper-colored woven effect; halo attached to matching skullcap.
    Attached mustard cowl, draped around the neck.
    Naturally-occurring hair colors only; no bangs.

Optional Items:
Headpiece covered by golden scalloped edge lacey material falling in the front and back of the shoulders.

I agree/propose (as posted by others) that the standard be changed to reflect the combinations/variations for this gown. The maroon cape appears onscreen when paired with the uncovered, metal headpiece. The cape is not worn when the headpiece is worn with the lace covering. It seems like either pairing should be considered formal.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as a heads up, ladies, there have been a lot of changes to the standards that will be going into effect sometime soon. Many are small changes for clarification (like shoes or smaller details) while some do have a major impact on the costume (like the Refugee Gown and Battle Handmaiden). We will do our best to make sure that people know about the standard changes when they happen!

For now, though, any costume submitted before the changes go into effect will be judged using the current not-updated standards. All costume submitted after the changes go into effect will be using the new standards.

Thank you!

"Everytime you're not canon, a fairy dies." - Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: