About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=3620ba71c4ef999c95ebc837be692222Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Gonk down under

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Droids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Sniper (Craig Budge)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:05 am    Post subject: Gonk down under Reply with quote

Hi there Rebel folk. Three of us, Muppet, Tachyon and myself were working on some SW stuff in the Muppets' garage had an idea, how cool would it be to make some Gonk droids and use them for eskys. One thing lead to another and 5 weeks later and here is the results. We have 1 each, Muppets is green, Tachyon black and here is mine.

Mine has a working front fan and flashing rear lights, Tachyon's already got a working sound. Planning a sound system next for mine. The feet are detachable for easy transport. Enjoy Tusken Raid
BocrebJedi ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad the sounds are working for y'all. I've just started again on my version 2. Hopefully, I'll post some pics soon.

It looks very nice.
SkyGlider ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool. Here is a picture of the Gonk that a local Garrison member made for his daughter to wear:

I believe he is reworking the lights and adding a sound board to it.
The Sniper (Craig Budge)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, would love to make one for someone to wear, but don't have any kids myself. Have some time off after Easter, planning on putting sound into my gonk then.
samsw ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NICE Very Happy I'm working on a Jawa for my son at the mo.

Have also considered a Young Boba Fett for him, cos he's got he correct hair for it.

But now, hmm - methinks a gonk is a possibilty for him Laughing
garbz ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkyGlider wrote:
Very cool. Here is a picture of the Gonk that a local Garrison member made for his daughter to wear:

I believe he is reworking the lights and adding a sound board to it.

Thanks Jeff! We are doing a screening of ANH in June. This will be my daughter's last event as the Gonk Crying or Very sad She is getting too tall for it so it'll go static for later events.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Droids All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: