Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=509b18889f10f96f89a51592de2c333bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Halloween Charity Party

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyranodb (Mike)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:16 am    Post subject: Halloween Charity Party Reply with quote

Hey Boys and Girls,

I couldn't find the original post about this so I figured I'll start this one over again.  Ages ago I mentioned that I was working with a charity, the Brandon M. Wilson Memorial Fund, that throws a Halloween party for Make a Wish's benefit every year.  I've spoken to the woman that organizes the event and I wanted to give you guys the information I have.

This year's party will be held in NYC, at St. Bartholemew's church on the corner of 49th street and Park Avenue in midtown (it's a church and a school but it also has like a restaurant and cafe...go figure).  It's a costume party to start around 7:30 - ish (maybe a bit later) to go until about 11pm- ish.  Since it's a costumed event, we came up with the idea of having imperials and rebels (and the prequel versions thereof) to make our appearence after the party starts.  The idea that she and I came up with was to have the imperials come in (while the imperial march is playing) and declare the attendees prisoners of the Empire and then have the "good guys" come in and save the day and start the Disco version of the star wars theme.  The organizer got a big kick out of the idea.  I also said it might be an idea to raise extra scratch for Make a Wish if we could raise donations by being available for fotos (like IMAX).

As far as what we'd need, I said that we'd definitely need a secure place to store the gear, and a place to be able to sit down since the costumes can get hot and uncomfortable after a while.  The only thing extra that I think she needs is commitment.  This thing is being planned out way in advance and I believe she's got to know if we're going to be there for her.  I explained that it's close to the parade (the day before actually) and some people might not be into doing both so I said I'll get back to her with the feed back.

So I guess let me know if you're into the event and I'll let her know we'll be coming. 
Benae Quee (Kristin Mrozek Sirota)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject: Halloween Charity Party Reply with quote

Count Will and I in Mike!  Let me know if you need help
citizenjohn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:59 pm    Post subject: Halloween Charity Party Reply with quote

Count me in as well
Reaper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 1:39 am    Post subject: Halloween Charity Party Reply with quote

I will make every effert to be there too. Which means I'll be there lol
Benae Quee (Kristin Mrozek Sirota)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:19 pm    Post subject: Halloween Charity Party Reply with quote

Is there anything going on with this still?  Halloween is creeping up soon, I'm just curious.  I have a special Star Wars costume I'm finishing for this
cyranodb (Mike)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:36 am    Post subject: Halloween Charity Party Reply with quote

I've left the woman a couple of more messages.  The flip side is that besides a couple of you in the RL, no other groups have contacted me to say they were interested and the woman in charge is interested in getting some imperials as well as rebels...maybe even a nice Vader.  She sort of have a planned presentation.
MoriahthePariah (Moriah)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:11 pm    Post subject: Halloween Charity Party Reply with quote

Finding out that I may be the only ANH Leia there (and barring any Luke or Han appearances, lol), I think it'd be fun to lead the Rebels in their "raid." Smile  Now, I just need a weapon of some sort...
MoriahthePariah (Moriah)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:47 am    Post subject: Halloween Charity Party Reply with quote

Weeeeeeeeeeee...I got my stormtrooper gun!  Thanks for the tip-off goes to Ed.

All Imps beware now...

cyranodb (Mike)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:18 am    Post subject: Halloween Charity Party Reply with quote

Due to a miscommunication between myself and the event organizer, I am going to have to cancel any star wars involvement at this event.  It was my understanding that we'd be appearing as volunteers to assist the organizer to raise money for the event.  I am now told that anyone attending would be required to pay the minimum donation as the other pary attendees.  I apologize for any inconvenience i may have caused and hope that those who were expecting to attend are not inconvenienced by this developement and have time to involve themselves in a different celebration of Halloween.

I respectfully request that this topic become unstuck. and allowed to die a quiet death.

Mike

Reaper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:23 am    Post subject: Halloween Charity Party Reply with quote

unsticking cause it fell through, sorry Mike, maybe next time, sounded like a great event.
cyranodb (Mike)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:28 pm    Post subject: Halloween Charity Party Reply with quote

yeah...0 for 3 so far
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: