About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=fb0a625ad7caed6ab9864e2e9f68087cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Endorious Basturds- Do you have what it takes to be one?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hollis DZC ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:46 pm    Post subject: Endorious Basturds- Do you have what it takes to be one? Reply with quote

Here we go- the "official" Endorious Basturds thread! I've copied a small portion of the thoughts from the WonderCon thread-
"First suggestion was off the movie poster of the German Helmet and Baseball Bat"-
Suggestions have been to have an Endor tie-in...

A Biker Scout helmet is a pretty good suggestion, I like it! Dirty and grimey and of course...with a blaster hole through it!

The Ewok spear is cool, but we don't want anyone to think the "Basturds" are the Ewoks...

What about a couple of crossed Endor Blasters behind a shot up Biker Scout helmet? The Ewok Spear could be under the Biker Scout Helmet?

Whatcha think?
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to split off the posts from wondercon to this thread, but the form won't let me just move a post from one thread to another (couldn't find a way anyway...)

Here's a recap:

JedHead wrote:
Hollis DZC wrote:
btw Matt, I owe you!!!! You coined the phrase: "Endorious Basturds" and it fits our goal perfectly!!! We used that phrase over and over at the Con and got great reactions!

Now we've got to make a trooper detachment with that name. I can just see a patch/logo for the "Endorious Basterds". Wink

Like Kathy said, we need some Endor Commandos locally. Currently, we have Jay_Tee Erricck, but he's in Hawaii! Plus, once I get my Luke Endor poncho, I'll need some guys to order around! Wink

'Hope you two can make our camping trip in the redwoods!

Oh, and today I recorded our segment with Blair Butler on G4 that she taped at our photo shoot.

Kay_Dee wrote:
Anasian Skywalker wrote:
Yeah,

We could replace the baseball bat with an Ewok spear and and use a Navy Trooper helmet instead.

I suggest we start now a new "Endorious Basterds" thread as this will need one of it's own...

shouldn't it be a biker scout helmet? The Ewoks took out a few of them.

Problem is, there needs to be an Endor Trooper tie-in. I'm not actually sure if the tag line Endorious Basterds would ever be officially approved by RL merchandising either. But it's fun for our own purposes. Laughing endor trooper

Might have to do something cryptic like "Endorious B Squad". And we'd know what B stood for. Cool

Hollis DZC wrote:
Killer start!!! A Biker Scout helmet is a pretty good suggestion, I like it! Dirty and grimey and of course...with a blaster hole through it! Razz

The Ewok spear is cool, but we don't want anyone to think the "Basturds" are the Ewoks... Surprised

What about a couple of crossed Endor Blasters behind a shot up Biker Scout helmet? The Ewok Spear could be under the Biker Scout Helmet?

Don't think "Endorious Basturds" works for LFL Kathy? Cool

endor trooper Heck, we've got our own emoticon even! Laughing

"Endorious and Glorious"! Very Happy

Have to run to an appointment, but I think there must be a detachment for Endor Troopers. Once we have enough Endor Troopers in our own base, we can form some kind of squadron uniuqe to Endor Base I believe. Hollis... once your costume is RL approved you'll be able to see all the detachment threads with rules on getting squadrons (if that's what they are called for endor troopers... can't remember) started.

I'll try to read up on it all tonight or tomorrow.

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes

Last edited by Kay_Dee (Kathy) on Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Hollis DZC ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Have to run to an appointment, but I think there must be a detachment for Endor Troopers. Once we have enough Endor Troopers in our own base, we can form some kind of squadron uniuqe to Endor Base I believe. Hollis... once your costume is RL approved you'll be able to see all the detachment threads with rules on getting squadrons (if that's what they are called for endor troopers... can't remember) started.

I'll try to read up on it all tonight or tomorrow.

Thank You Kathy!!!! Cool That sounds awesome!!
padme911 (Becca K)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In RAID, it is just called a Squad but you can have all different types of Rebel Trooper costumes, I do not believe you can limit it to just Endor Costumes but you might want to contact Phyllis who is the detachment CO here: http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=695

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the name. "Endorious" can refer to the Base as well. I say include all Infantry costumes under the E.B. banner.
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IanL wrote:
I like the name. "Endorious" can refer to the Base as well. I say include all Infantry costumes under the E.B. banner.

Yeah, I guess if the Infantry detachment is for all kinds of troopers, then the RFTs would have to get on board with the Endorious B Unit/Squad Wink

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, here is the info from the RAID detachment section that Donna posted. It seems that the squads we form in our base *could* be separate squads. One for Rebel Fleet Troopers, one for Endor Troopers. So each group (you'd all be part of RAID) would make it's own squad within endor base, as I understand it. So the Endorius B squad (or Basterd if RL actually lets us use the full name!) would probably be specific to our Endor Troopers. And we'd need 3 total Endor Troopers to join and make it official. We have Jay Tee in Hawaii (maybe we can twist his arm?), Rex's pending membership, and if Rex can get his friend to join that would make a 3rd!

Matt, I don't think that Luke qualifies for the squad, according to what Donna says below Sad

Quote:
The Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment (RAID) is in the process of being formed within the Legion. The charter has been submitted and a logo is in the works. This Detachment will only include the troopers, not the command staff (General Dodonna, General Rieken, Luke/Leia/Han command outfits).

Currently we have two Divisions within the Detachment: the Rebel Fleet Trooper (RFT) and the Endor Rebel Soldier (ERS). As the Hoth project takes off, I anticipate adding a Hoth Rebel Soldier (HRS) Division.

At the base level, each base can form a Squad/Fire Team with a minimum of 3 formal costumes of the same type (RFT, ERS).

Informally, we currently have a few Squads within the Legion. Sunrider Base's Alpha Squad (RFT) and 1138th Special Forces (ERS) and Midwest Base Delta Squad. Now we just need Mountain Base and Ra Kura to come up with names for their groups. Wink

Found more info in the RAID charter:

Quote:

• REGULATION 1 – Formation
A Base needs at least 3 formal costumed members who agree on the Squad/Fire Team name to formally request Squad/Fire Team status. An application for this purpose can be found in the Charter under “Amendment A” as well as can be requested from RAID Command Staff.

• REGULATION 2A – Squads/Fire Teams
Squads/Fire Teams are Base-wide and are organized either by the Base as a whole with a mix of all types of OT Trooper costumes or according to OT Trooper costume type. In otherwords, within the Base there may be one Squad/Fire Team Base-wide or there may be one Squad/Fire Team for each of the OT Trooper costumes (RFTs, HRSs, and ERSs), and so on. Squad/Fire Teams will function more as a part of the Base than RAID.

So we have a choice here. We could either restrict Endorius Basterds to Endor Troopers and have a specific Endor Trooper Squadron. And the RFTs could come up with their own unique/fun name and make their own squadron.

Or, the squadron could include everyone (RFT and Endor Troopers). Though, the endorious reference seems to go well with endor troopers Wink I don't own either costume, so it's up to all y'all to decide.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it could include both EC's and RFT's, but yes, its up to them. The RFT's of the base should chime in too. Maybe the logo could have a DL-44 crossed with an Endor rifle, with the weathered, blasted Biker Scout helmet on a spear. The Imperial cog could be split in half on the helmet too. The name could be in aurebesh, if anyone feels it might offend anyone. Personally, I think its cool, and we're the only base to be able to infuse it with our base name! And in the film, the IB's had just one job - eliminating German SS officers, aka "stormtroopers".

As for Luke, I wasn't planning on joining the detachment, just for photo ops.

Wink

While this discussion is going on, how about our clones starting their own squad - Filoni Squad?

Smile

http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Hollis DZC ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need 3 Endor Commandos to form up a squad 'eh? Let's see, Fred it's alllll up to you! Cool

The RFT and Endor Commandos are so very different- We envisioned the Basturds as a hard bitten, battle weathered unit, sort of like Sgt. Fury and his Howling Commandos- The Basturds are weathered, dirty, been out in the field fighting, whereas the RFTs are clean and fight onboard ships- Two very different venues. The "look" of the RFT and the Endor Commando are so very different, it's hard to imagine them in the same unit-

Anyhow, since Matt first coined the phrase, we've been forming up a backstory of the unit- as they infiltrate the Imperial base on Endor- disrupting the Imperial forces- destroying vehicles, communications, etc. Confusing Imperial Command as to just what direction opposition is coming from- diverting as many Stormtroopers as possible away from the Shield Generator-
Your Classic WWII behind the lines Commando movie if you will Very Happy

I dunno, seems like they are two different military units- Endor Commandos are Infantry - Special Forces whereas RFT are Navy - Soldiers in Space. One group trained to fight on the ground, one group trained to fight aboard ships, etc.
IanL

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I currently have no horse in this race, but my RFT costume should be done in a few weeks and I'd love to throw my name in a hat to start a squad. I'll be standing by patiently to see how you guys sort it out.
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IanL wrote:
I currently have no horse in this race, but my RFT costume should be done in a few weeks and I'd love to throw my name in a hat to start a squad. I'll be standing by patiently to see how you guys sort it out.

Hi Ian, you know we have enough RFTs to make a specific RFT squad too, that's if those Endorious Bastards want to keep the Endor Commandos differentiated... LOL! Laughing On the up side, if Fred won't join, and they can't get a group of 3 Endor Troopers, you guys could just become one squad.

But yeah, the Endorious thing seems to fit more for the commandos.

Matt, pressure is on, can you come up with a fun name for the RFTs so they don't feel left out?

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By-the-way - congratulations Rex! You are now officially part of Endor Base!

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/costume.php?mode=view&a=4455

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay_Dee wrote:

Matt, pressure is on, can you come up with a fun name for the RFTs so they don't feel left out?

Hmmm. Floor Kissers? Rebel Blockade Hallway Runners? Cheapest Costume Squad? Endorious Blast Holes? (j/k) Laughing

Seriously, how about Tantive Defenders?

http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo

Last edited by JedHead (Matt Tolosa) on Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Anasian Skywalker (Dale Tolosa)
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 2 cents regarding a seperate squad for RFT'S:

-Rebel Yellers
- Tantive Fource

-BMF Squad. Razz j/k

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." - Bruce Lee
https://www.facebook.com/TedTheEwoksGeekyAdventures
Hollis DZC ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay_Dee wrote:
By-the-way - congratulations Rex! You are now officially part of Endor Base!

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/costume.php?mode=view&a=4455

Woooooooo-Hoooooooo!!!! Awesome!! Thank You!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: