About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=037c706ba89f761f23f803bb89532129Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Lak Sivrak??
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolfie (Crystal Bass)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The snout on that mask is quite a bit long... Lak Sivrak kinda looked a lot like the Universal wolfman with the short snout. Though I would see no issue with Lak Sivrak being an RL costume

its a really freaking sweet prosthetic though. I'd kinda dig one for a werewolf costume.
SL-9162 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be a little longer, but the over all effect is nice. just have to see how it all comes together.

SL-9162 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was also thinking that once I finish Lak, maybe I'll build a "what if" costume, for Lak... Anyone who has played Force Unleashed will know Starkiller's multitude of costumes, so I'm going to take their example and build a generic Lak Jedi. Official or un-offical it would be fun.

SL-9162 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think I have the cloths figured out thus far, tunic wise I plan to use the same patterns I used for my Nihilius tunics, still planning on the robe and a neck wrap...

Feet though might be an issue... In the movies you never see Lak's feet... I am hoping to keep the feet normal, mostly because it's safer and I don't run the risk of breaking an ankle. Would it be viable to portray Lak with normal feet?

Rando Mextra (Mark Bradley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SL-9162 wrote:
Feet though might be an issue... In the movies you never see Lak's feet... I am hoping to keep the feet normal, mostly because it's safer and I don't run the risk of breaking an ankle. Would it be viable to portray Lak with normal feet?

Normal feet would be fine- I think if we had seen the full character back in '77, he would likely have had human feet. The canine-style legs, although very cool, first appeared in the West End Games books in 1987 and were speculative on the part of the authors.

I would suggest the largest boots you can comfortably wear to perhaps suggest feet that are at least very large and furry.

M

Stormtroopers: The Other White Meat

SL-9162 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats probably for the best... I have some boots in mind, but I'll have to get back to those...

Aramys Strael (Bill Kohlleppel)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think that regular boots would work. After all, just look at the action figures on the majority of the aliens of Star Wars, including Bothans (Borsk Fey'lya). Just regular standard boots is what they are depicted as having.

I'd say that without the proper references, it is a jugement call for the costumer.

- Bill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: