About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=29d181f37e0183d61d39bd371a47a611Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

WonderCon Group Photo Saturday April 3rd 11:15am
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What time and place do you prefer for group photo?
11:15 or 11:30 is fine - I have no perference.
34%
 34%  [ 13 ]
Indoors or outdoors at the carousel is fine. I have no preference
28%
 28%  [ 11 ]
I prefer the indoor location we've used the last 2 years
18%
 18%  [ 7 ]
11:15 meet-up time for the photo is best. Earlier we finish the better.
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
11:30 is probably easier for me.
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
I'd like to do this outside at the carousel steps instead if the weather permits
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Users Voted : 20
Total Votes : 38
This poll has expired.
Detailed Results/Undo Votes

Taeriel ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt, I think what Kathy might mean is the votes showing a preference of one location over the other have the indoor location with 15% while outdoors is at 3%. Since the flexible people are fine either way, she might be looking at the distribution of votes for people who have a preference to help make the overall decision. At least, that would be my guess.
Taeriel's costume page
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are various locations outside where we can take photos, group and individual:

http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt, when it came to people who DO have a solid preference (not the people who are fine equally either way), Indoors is ahead in the poll. The people who said "indoor or outdoor - no preference" do not have an effect on the decision between indoor or outdoor since they are fine with either. So it is the people who say specifically they want it indoors, or people who say they specifically prefer for it to be outdoors that decide the way this goes.

If someone needs to change their vote please do it now. I'll make sure the edit poll option box is available for you all.

I also want to clarify for those who are worried about outdoors if it is raining we will do this indoors. Voting for outdoors never means you will be stuck in the rain. We will switch this to indoors if it is drizzling or raining in any way.

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes

Last edited by Kay_Dee (Kathy) on Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, one more thing - I also want to specify that we will not be doing this across the street at the waterfall. I am very worried about the shoot taking too long and people getting lost getting over there.

So the choice is for carousel steps or indoors.
Not the other locations in the photos for our group picture.

If others have time to take personal photos at these other locations, then please go for it once the formal photoshoot has ended since we do have clearance to use these locations from the Yerba Buena Gardens Smile .

Sorry, we only have someone from 501st covering our table from 11:00-12:00 and can't afford to have the main group photo go over time by trekking out to other locations.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JedHead wrote:
do we have permission to do it inside?

Sorry, I forgot to answer this. I will work on this again like I do every year. My first year, I tried e-mailing the people the con told me to several times and never got a reply. When I called, they said they had a feeling it would be fine, not to worry about it.

Last year I ran into the same problem, I e-mailed the people I had e-mailed last year and re-confirmed with Mark Chu Lin that I was contacting the correct people. They never replied, so we just went for it and luckily didn't have a problem.

So, I'll work again this week on trying to get proper indoor permissions, but every year I hear nothing solid as far as yes or no. At least I feel I try to let them know what we are planning and when - what else can I do?

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh sorry, I forgot to respond to this question Matt:

JedHead wrote:
I just don't want to feel that I asked YBG for nothing. We did get permission for outside before, but didn't, due to rain, although this year, being in April, maybe it won't.

Last year we had a poll just like this year. And even without considering rain, people had voted for indoors last year too because it was easier/faster for them. Yeah, it was raining so even if they had voted for outdoors it wouldn't have worked. LOL!

It was my understanding you had offered to look into the outdoor locations this year because you were also getting permission for the 501st photo shoot at the carousel. And just like last year, if there was anyone who even wanted to go outside to do a private photo shoot after our main photo session inside, we would have required a permission for it from the park (any type of photo shoot be it a single person or a group requires advanced permission from the park). So this way if anyone wants to go outside after the main group photo and take some photos by the waterfall at least they will not get harassed for not having secured the appropriate permission. Smile

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Quinlan Vos (Myke Soler)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as long we are not causing a traffic hazard or going through the blue curtains w/out permission, we are free to do as we please. They actually encourage all costumers to make use of all the locations for group photos as long as we are not blocking the aisles, or chill'n on the ground. That's probably why you never got a response from them, but as business, they should have.
Hope that helps.

Vos

Jedi Diver
501st - TK8476
www.facebook.com/jedi.diver
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quinlan Vos wrote:
Just as long we are not causing a traffic hazard or going through the blue curtains w/out permission, we are free to do as we please. They actually encourage all costumers to make use of all the locations for group photos as long as we are not blocking the aisles, or chill'n on the ground. That's probably why you never got a response from them, but as business, they should have.
Hope that helps.

Vos

Thanks Myke!

Mark Chu Lin has a direct contact with the con, so he'll try to get in contact with them too on our behalf. I only have e-mail addresses I send a message to every year just to cover my butt, but never have heard anything back other than when I call they usually say 'it will probably be OK.' . Last year we did have to go through the line stanchion they had set up to block the alcove we usually use. We'll scope it out on Thrusday at set-up to make sure it is clear - if our vote for indoor holds that is!

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, (if weather permits) I'd go with the outdoor location because since the con is usually held in February, we rarely get a chance to take advantage of the carousel location because of rain or overcast, and we have a better chance of good weather in April. And its good that we have the indoor location as a backup. If WonderCon ever goes back to Moscone North, there's a better indoor location on the giant white steps, which can hold more people.

My two cents. But I'll go with what the group wants.

Smile

http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JedHead wrote:
Personally, (if weather permits) I'd go with the outdoor location because since the con is usually held in February, we rarely get a chance to take advantage of the carousel location because of rain or overcast, and we have a better chance of good weather in April. And its good that we have the indoor location as a backup. If WonderCon ever goes back to Moscone North, there's a better indoor location on the giant white steps, which can hold more people.

My two cents. But I'll go with what the group wants.

Smile

Yeah, I mean, I know your personal preference Matt and I've given other people a chance to vote their opinion too and want to go with what the majority wants. I even gave people a chance to change their vote if let's say, Dale may have originally voted 'no preference' or John 'no preference'

I do appreciate you taking the time to get permssion for us to use the Yerba Buena gardens in case people do want to do personal photo shoots... or worst case scenario... there is no indoor location with stairs for us to use this year! Shocked

I've heard back from Justin Dutta regarding our request to use the mezzanine space for the group photo and this is his response (it matches what I heard from Mark Chu Lin too)

Hello Kathy,

I'm not sure if that area is going to be available this year. It might be in use by one of the companies covering the convention.

Damien, do you have another area they might be able to do the photograph.

Justin

Soooo... we will need to do some recon on Thursday during set-up for sure. I hope that there will still be some space with stairs that does not block traffic that will be available to us. I hope that Damien will get back to us with ideas, but we will have to prepare for the eventuality that he may not.

If we can not find a sufficient place indoors with steps and the weather is nice, we may have to do this at the carousel. But since people have posted preference for indoors we will see if we can make that happen.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: