About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=b057ed02559236b402bb7f75f3fe8d85Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

looking for han solo boots
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryansolo ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:30 pm    Post subject: looking for han solo boots Reply with quote

ive had some help from some solos on this site and they have really helped me out i want to know if anyone has these boots and if they will work with the solo outfit thanks

http://easterncoastcostume.com/Pages/gogoboots/boot01.htm

Jedi Military Riding Cavalry Renaissance Boots
Black
1404BK
Regular Price $39.98
New Low Price $33.88

also where can i find the belt that he wears with his pants. thanks
ryansolo ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

found the belt in another post now just need to get the boots
SteveSolo (Steve Elliot)
Assistant Captain of the Guard

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan, please remember that the boots must come up to your knees.

Tall, black leather or leather-like boots (no laces, and can not be rubber / Equestrian or riding style preferred) Boots must be knee high

this is from the standards for Han Solo. Which version are you doing?

Phoenix 17
ryansolo ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteveSolo wrote:
Ryan, please remember that the boots must come up to your knees.

Tall, black leather or leather-like boots (no laces, and can not be rubber / Equestrian or riding style preferred) Boots must be knee high

this is from the standards for Han Solo. Which version are you doing?

a new hope version
SteveSolo (Steve Elliot)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent!

Phoenix 17
Cobalt60

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: looking for han solo boots Reply with quote

ryansolo wrote:

http://stores.ebay.com/divainc2010__W0QQ_sidZ922794601?_nkw=3+ROW+3+Hole+Punch+black&submit=Search
ryansolo ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: looking for han solo boots Reply with quote

Cobalt60 wrote:
ryansolo wrote:

http://stores.ebay.com/divainc2010__W0QQ_sidZ922794601?_nkw=3+ROW+3+Hole+Punch+black&submit=Search

just put a bid on one should get it thanks
Cobalt60

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I often see Luke ROTJ costumes using "leather look" injection molded PVC riding boots similar to these:
http://www.equestriancollections.com/product.asp?groupcode=ER00645

@ LCJ's: --> are these considered "rubber boots"? they pass ok for luke ROTJ boots..
but would these (also) pass for Solo boots?

thx

Last edited by Cobalt60 on Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total
SteveSolo (Steve Elliot)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They would be considered rubber and not be able to pass for formal.

Phoenix 17
Sugar Jedi (Jason Vey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to mention, I actually tried a pair of those in what was ostensibly my size, and was completely unable to get them over my calf--I guess my legs are like tree trunks or something. I find that high quality vinyl costume boots with a zipper in the inseam work much better and can be had for $40. I have a pair with padded insoles and hard rubber soles which have held up very well and which I've worn and walked around in all day with no ill effects to my feet.

"A Jedi knight!? Jeez, I'm out of it for a little while, and everyone gets delusions of grandeur!"
The Sugar Jedi formerly known as The Grey Elf
KJO (Blumfruit Temple)
Echo Base (Western PA)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nerftheherder ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had those boots you were looking at....they suck. Worked ok for a pilot costume if you could not find jack boots, but trust me...horrible boots! Uncomfy..zipper busted...just nasty things.
Go with a real leather boot. Devonaire makes a real decent equestrian boot that, once you cut the tops straight, is damn near spot on. I think there is a link in here somewhere. Anthoo, if you don't find the link, I got mine from crazyhorsetack. Paid about $200 for them and had to have the shoe man cut the tops to make them straight ($25) but worth every penny!
I say there is two things that make or break a Han costume. The holster and the boots. Everything else can be made or look just about right, but if the boots and holster suck...well, the costume will just not look as good. Downside is those are the items that cost the most!
We are all here to help and I highly recommend that before making any purchase...research research research!!! It would have saved me a ton of time and money for sure!

"Never tell me the odds."
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with nerftheherder... put your investement into your boots. If you cannot afford good boots... wait till you can! If you cannot afford to make or purchase your holster... wait till you can! Here is a link that pop up on ebay from time to time that produce results, these are taken from my archive:
Han Boots ~ german officer boots
german officer boots

There is no race here! No awards for who finnished first.

Bob
ryansolo ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoloYT1300 wrote:
I agree with nerftheherder... put your investement into your boots. If you cannot afford good boots... wait till you can! If you cannot afford to make or purchase your holster... wait till you can! Here is a link that pop up on ebay from time to time that produce results, these are taken from my archive:
german officer boots

Bob

those are very nice boots ill have to start saving up for those
Cobalt60

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoloYT1300 wrote:
german officer boots

Bob

interesting to note the height on those are all 17 inches

-========-

I'm waitin for these http://www.museumreplicas.com/p-975-imperial-officer-galactic-boots.aspx if this company ever gets around to shipping these SW products Rolling Eyes

Quote:
The full leather boots are copied directly from originals kept in the archives. Budgets being what they were back in 1976, these boots also saw use on Luke in A New Hope ceremony scene, Han Solo, as well as many other characters throughout the saga. A great multi-costume bargain for a basic boot! Includes boot pulls.

Expected availability Spring 2010
Sugar Jedi (Jason Vey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nerftheherder wrote:
I had those boots you were looking at....they suck. Worked ok for a pilot costume if you could not find jack boots, but trust me...horrible boots! Uncomfy..zipper busted...just nasty things.

In reference to me?

I've had mine for about 5 years, now. Worn them to the Renaissance festival nearly every year (except last, when I got a pair of more "piratey" looking ones of the same design with cuffs), with a number of other costumes (my Han Solo costume at Gen Con back in 05 where I wore them all day long, a cowboy costume at Halloween b/c I didn't happen to have cowboy boots, a number of others), for hours at a time. Had no problems with comfort, nor has the zipper busted. And when I wear them, they look like leather boots. Perhaps I have an uncommonly high quality pair?

"A Jedi knight!? Jeez, I'm out of it for a little while, and everyone gets delusions of grandeur!"
The Sugar Jedi formerly known as The Grey Elf
KJO (Blumfruit Temple)
Echo Base (Western PA)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: