About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=ec13b436aea10d4ceae143c8c311bbf5Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Anakin Work-in-Progress
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Anakin Skywalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sugar Jedi (Jason Vey)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:23 pm    Post subject: Anakin Work-in-Progress Reply with quote

Episode II Anakin work in progress.

It's about complete, I think...I'm just not sure where to get the correct boots...and I'd like to get a hilt I can hang from the belt so I don't need to carry my Force FX everywhere I go...

I'm also considering getting some dark brown fabric tabards to turn it into a more generic jedi costume.

"A Jedi knight!? Jeez, I'm out of it for a little while, and everyone gets delusions of grandeur!"
The Sugar Jedi formerly known as The Grey Elf
KJO (Blumfruit Temple)
Echo Base (Western PA)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cyrus (Hoyt Dingus)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

accurate anakin boots can be acquired from jose daniel, i have a pair and they are amazing!!!!!

you also may want to check out www.sonsofthesuns.com (anakin costuming site).

for a hilt i would suggest either a saber conversion (so you can remove the blade for wear and also be able to put the blade back in the hilt with a retension screw) or a resin hilt (which are a lot lighter and pretty much made for wear) i know Museum replicas was doing the resin sabers but decided not to because they had higher demand for lighted saber replicas, but i think eFX is doing an Anakin, Obi-wan, and ROTJ Luke on preorder right now through the star wars shop @ www.starwars.com they are $99.99 had one of the museum replicas on order til that fell through. I'm Hoping eFX does not fall through as i am still looking for a good hilt for wear as well but i do have a converted FX saber.
Sugar Jedi (Jason Vey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I've looked into doing the conversion on my FX saber--some of my LEDs are out in the blade anyway, so it could use the repair job. Mine is an Empire Strikes Back model, and doesn't have a covertec knob on it--only a D-ring. I'd have to fix that as well.

"A Jedi knight!? Jeez, I'm out of it for a little while, and everyone gets delusions of grandeur!"
KJO (Blumfruit Temple)
Echo Base (Western PA)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cobalt60

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a gutted anakin FX, and I carry the empty hilt. looks good. not too heavy.

-===-

I too made a new anakin suit on the weekend, to upgrade my generic jedi.
but after installing some deep shoulder tucks, it turned out too small. Razz
(it fits my son great, so it looks like he scored big, and I'm back to the drawing board).

--> did you make shoulder tucks? and how about them cloth under-tabbards? Confused
(this costume is more complicated than I first thought)

-===-
Aurabesh

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are off to a really good start on your Anakin. One thing I do see is that you need to use a much lighter shade fabric for your inner tunic. AOTC Anakin used almost a cream colored inner tunic.

I would also strongly suggest you visit Sons of the Suns. They have the most detailed info for all Anakin costumes. I did most of my research there for both of my Anakin's.

For the belt and pouches I would suggest contacting Diego (the.rebel.agent). He makes 100% screen accurate Anakin belts and pouches.
Sugar Jedi (Jason Vey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm waiting on both a covertech belt clip and a d-ring belt clip. I may register it as both a generic Old Republic and a generic New Republic Jedi costume when they arrive. I believe that the d-ring clip is all I'm missing for formal status for the NR jedi...I have a black velvet robe to go with it. It would get me started, at least.

I've also got a "quick and dirty" made long black faux-velvet tunic downstairs...I'm wondering how it would look if I turned it into two tabards...

KJO (Blumfruit Temple)
Echo Base (Western PA)
Cyrus (Hoyt Dingus)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aurabesh wrote:
You are off to a really good start on your Anakin. One thing I do see is that you need to use a much lighter shade fabric for your inner tunic. AOTC Anakin used almost a cream colored inner tunic.

I would also strongly suggest you visit Sons of the Suns. They have the most detailed info for all Anakin costumes. I did most of my research there for both of my Anakin's.

For the belt and pouches I would suggest contacting Diego (the.rebel.agent). He makes 100% screen accurate Anakin belts and pouches.

I agree completely both My ROTS and CW Anakin were researched on SOTS and my name on the boards over there is narholis i fact alot of us that costume as anakin or are working on it are on those boards.
Sugar Jedi (Jason Vey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, I just discovered (which I have never known before) that Anakin's tabards are supposed to be dark brown. Mine are indeed black...which puts me back into the realm of New Republic Jedi (Generic) until I can do some more work on this puppy.

KJO (Blumfruit Temple)
Echo Base (Western PA)
Cyrus (Hoyt Dingus)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you would be suprised how many of uswho have pursued the costumes of anakin make that mistake
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why it's a good idea, when one is doing a costume for membership in a costuming group, that one read as much as one can about the costume one wants to do, and the Standards for it, before one start making it.

It can save one headaches and extra work and expense.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Loreen wrote:
That's why it's a good idea, when one is doing a costume for membership in a costuming group, that one read as much as one can about the costume one wants to do, and the Standards for it, before one start making it.

It can save one headaches and extra work and expense.

Well, I wasn't doing it specifically FOR this group, but the group's strictness is a good driving force to get it right. Generally I do these things just for fun because I enjoy it. It will just be very cool to get one that's good enough to get involved with the group Smile

KJO (Blumfruit Temple)
Echo Base (Western PA)
Anakinos (Thad Laskowski)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have any q's just ask here or there. It will get answered.

LostSkywalker (Christopher Blair)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, only black Anakin's ever had in Jedi attire is the ribbing on his glove in ROTS and the covertec itself, unless you count the comics, in which case he's had a black glove as well. Lighting really does make those tabards look black half the time in AOTC and ROTS.

It doesn't help that certain mixtures of dyes for black end up looking brown in the right lighting as well. I learned that one with my old pleather tabards that were black, and half the time looked dark brown in photos due to lighting and the brown underdye in the coloring.

Cyrus has the right suggestion; head over to sonsofthesuns.com, and they'll help out as much as they can with getting yo on the right track. BTW, is this supposed to be an AOTC Padawan anakin, or a ROTS Jedi Knight Anakin? Because the tunic colors as well as the Graflex styled saber suggest Jedi Knight, while your title and the lack of glove says Padawan. Padawan Anakin has lighter colors, and his inner tunic is an off yellowed/creme white, though that could be bad lighting.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anakinos: Thanks! I've noted everyone around here to be exceptionally friendly and helpful. And from what I can tell I am 99% sure I have a formal generic New Republic Jedi costume working. Just need to get the photos together and submit...unless you have to do a named character before you can do a generic?

Re. the version: It's supposed to be AotC. The lighting is very dark in those pictures. The tunic and pants are actually a chocolate brown, and the inner tunic is a bit lighter, though it's not cream. To me his inner always looked a greenish-brown...

KJO (Blumfruit Temple)
Echo Base (Western PA)
LostSkywalker (Christopher Blair)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an off white, light beige color on Padawan's inner tunic, check out padawansguide.com for reference pics.

As for Generic Jedi, you don't have to do a Face character before doing a generic character, and typically Generics costumes are the first ones most people do for membership. It's just a few of us nutballs went for canon first...like I did. @_@ another few hundred dollars and a standard's change later...I'm now working on updating, and doing two more Anakins.

It's a never ending battle with one's own drive to perfect what we've got. But we're here to help each other out, man.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Anakin Skywalker All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: