About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=f791a98b862af955286089adf4cd903bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Luke Dagobah Tanktop and Backpack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Luke Skywalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scoobyonekenobi (Rob Clark)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject: Luke Dagobah Tanktop and Backpack Reply with quote

Looking for some high quality screen shots to make these or has anyone else done it

Rob 'Scooby' Clark

Han Solo/X-wing/TI/TZ/TB-7805

Http:\\myspace.com\gotscoobysnacks
Masterbean (Brian Bean)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump
one of my friends is wanting to do the Dagobah costume so he was wanting some info on the backpack and what not. I figured I'd bump this thread instead of making a new one. Anyone out there with information and/or screen grabs?
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Luke's top, what I would do is get a standard white thermal underwear top, cut the sleeves off, leaving an inch or two to tuck in and sew into the shirt, and then dye it to the appropriate color.

http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Masterbean (Brian Bean)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an interesting idea about the shirt. I know the pants are the same as Bespin and I know there have been a number of folks here that have done that, did you guys make your own pants? find pants? modify them?

As for the back pack, currently the thought is to find an alice pack that is similar and attempt to dye it. But we haven't found too many reference shots, so if anyone has anything for it, please chime in!
_Master_Skywalker_ ()
Active Legion Member

Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the best reference shots you can get are screen caps ! Make it like it looks on screen & you can't go far wrong. Wink

Wack the dvd into your computer drive and do some caps, you get some good shots like that Very Happy

Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. And Alice packs aren't blue canvas, or whatever Lukes back pack is made of.
Active Legion Member

Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good shot of the backpack I think would be when Luke puts Yoda down before he goes into the cave and Yoda is no longer in the pack, and tells him the cave is "strong with the dark side of the force".

http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Masterbean (Brian Bean)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Alice packs are not blue, which is why I stated that we would then try and dye it.
The scene that _master_skywalker_ grabbed is really the best shot of the pack. The scene where he sets Yoda down, you don't see the pack. The scene where he runs and flips over the log is the best view from the back but every attempt we've made to pause it in order to grab a shot is blurry as he is running.
I was really hoping someone perhaps knew something about it or had a behind the scene/production shot of the pack. Or maybe someone read some little snippit about the pack, etc.
but what I think he decided to go for the Alice pack approach, so we'll see how that turns out.
Mastershane (Shane Gordon)
Archived Member Profile

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't the "yoda" pack the same one that Luke uses to carry stuff from the x-wing when he first makes his camp just before meeting yoda? If so, there are some good shots of it when he carrys stuff into camp.
Masterbean (Brian Bean)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mastershane wrote:
Isn't the "yoda" pack the same one that Luke uses to carry stuff from the x-wing when he first makes his camp just before meeting yoda? If so, there are some good shots of it when he carrys stuff into camp.

Thanks, good suggestion. My buddy said that there were good shots there and also he was able to finally get one that wasn't blurry when Luke is running. Looks like the Alice pack idea won't work, back to the drawing board. But if anyone has any information about the pack, please chime in!
Cobalt60

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you seen the sideshow 1/4 scale "Luke&Yoda" ?

go here and click "Gallery"..
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=7148
..there is a clear shot of the backpack, taken from the rear.

granted.. it IS a second-hand reference..
..but Sideshow is usually good for doing research and creating accurate models

*shrug*

(its a start, anyway) Razz
nebelwerfer ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JedHead wrote:
For Luke's top, what I would do is get a standard white thermal underwear top, cut the sleeves off, leaving an inch or two to tuck in and sew into the shirt, and then dye it to the appropriate color.

Thats what I tried to do, but I had difficulty sewing the left-over sleave into the shoulder of the shirt because of the elasticity of the thermal underwear fabric, so i just snipped it so that it's flush with the shoulders. Hopefully they know how to sew with that type of material cause I dont.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Luke Skywalker All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: