Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=2d2bbab2ccccac501cbb96b8a49584e0Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

I need opinions..........

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lumpy (Chris Blackstock)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:49 am    Post subject: I need opinions.......... Reply with quote

I need to know if you guys (and gals) think I should try to narrow the sides of Chewie's head at all. I have a suggestion that I can try, but I'm torn as to whether it's necessary or not.

What I would do is wet the hair, pull it tight and blow dry it a bit to try and get it to lay a little flatter. I've already hairsprayed the living crap out of the thing so I don't know if it will even work, but I'm wondering if it's even necessary. Let me know if you think it's good like this or if I should try narrowing. Notice the 2nd pic isn't nearly as bad. All I did was run my hands over it to smooth it down between pics. Maybe just smoothing it down and spraying a bunch more will do the trick??
Active Legion Member

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also wondering about redoing the moustache with more brown. It REALLY looks gray to me.
Anyone else want to chime in??
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would agree with you about the mustache, I didn't want to mention anything as you were building it cause I thought perhaps you were going to layer in some brown. But yes, I believe there's too much grey too.
I would say if you're going to work on thining out the rest of the suit, you should also thin out the head. Otherwise it fits as it stands right now.
It does look a little poofy/wide but you may be able to change that by just brushing the hair, or whatever you would need to do to get it to lay flatter.
Commander Cody (Jason R.)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris,

The mustache is suppose to be predominately gray - you've done a good job of that- but maybe thin it down a bit more?

Also, maybe thin out of the hair along the side of the head, spray it, then comb back. I like to use a product called Aquanet when working with synthetic hair. It's a pretty common product. Once applied, Aquanet will make the hair pretty stiff and it will hold.

RAID Commanding Officer | Legion Costume Judge- Rebel Troopers & Officers | Ohio Garrison XO, 501st Legion
Lumpy (Chris Blackstock)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I trimmed the underparts of the moustache and some on the sides of the mask, pulled them down and sprayed the snot out of them. That helped and I think I'm ready to call it good for now. As soon as I get the bowcaster from the guy that's finishing it up for me (hopefully by the end of the week he says) my approval pics will get sent in!!
Thanks for all the help and support!!
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hair spray and hair pins...... you can get allot of your side issues back with the simple use of hair pins. Grooming and hair spray will go allong way.
I would also blend the clolors more in the moustache area.

Bob
SteveSolo (Steve Elliot)
Assistant Captain of the Guard
Assistant Captain of the Guard

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris,

I would blend the mustache colors a little. Looks great otherwise.

Phoenix 17
Lumpy (Chris Blackstock)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys.
I already have hairspray, makeup, a blow dryer and a brush in my kit - why not some hair pins too!! Laughing Laughing

I'll see if I can sneak some brown in the moustache.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: