About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=2f9ced5f9cf52772a5e133dbc481b277Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Dark Empire comic Luke?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Luke Skywalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gymbeau2000 (James Holliday)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:16 am    Post subject: Dark Empire comic Luke? Reply with quote

I have a Vader costume and was looking at the cover to Dark Empire & noticed that he is wearing a Vader type body suit. I think it would be a fun costume to do, but would the RL accept it? I doubt the 501st would since it's Luke, but that's when he is sort of the clone Emperor's apprentice.

Thoughts or opinions for this?
Daritha (Christian)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DE Luke is a kind of costume like the Legacy comic ones: Difficult. Luke is very twisted in Dark Empire and its difficult to say if he's allowed in RL or 501st.
I would say: Both are possible. During some stages of DE Luke's formally Palpatine's Sith Apprentice while during other stages, he's (again) part of the Alliance.

But don't take my words for credit. It's just a personal view on this.

GBY | Temple Assistant Master
KJO | Member

Join the KJO - Form a Temple - Have fun!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm making the costume either way since I'm not one to be jumping through hoops to join any costume club. Was just wondering the RL opinion on it and if anyone had done it before.

I think your right though. I would consider him mostly good in it since he reveals to Leia that he is basically undercover.
Daritha (Christian)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since he's Luke Skywalker (sic!) the costume would surely be accepted by the Rebel Legion. The 501st Legion has sometimes really tight standards for who is "a bad guy" and would accepted into the 501st. But I think, the whole universe must make a jump up until a Luke Skywalker wouldn't be accepted into the RL (of course, when you have the three references of this particular costume which you have with the Dark Empire Luke.

For everyone not knowing what costume is meant. This one:

KJO | Member

Bryanakin (Bryan Nguyen)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been discussed previously, and it is not approvable as a RL costume because at this point, Luke has become apprentice to the Clone Emperor.

See David for more specific Luke costume questions. http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=3976

Anakin Skywalker EP 2, CW, and EP3
www.myspace.com/bryanakin

Last edited by Bryanakin (Bryan Nguyen) on Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well like I said I'm not doing this for RL membership, more of just trying to see if it's been done before
Anakinos (Thad Laskowski)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bes'kad Prudii wrote:
Well like I said I'm not doing this for RL membership, more of just trying to see if it's been done before

Im sure it has been done before. But you wont find any approved RL members with it. There might have been some members who have it as a costume that they wear around.

guyver04 (john lord)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is also the costume that Luke wears when he makes his first trip Ossus in DE II where he's rebuilding the Jedi Order so I don't see why it couldn't but a RL costume.
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bryanakin wrote:
This has been discussed previously, and it is not approvable as a RL costume because at this point, Luke has become apprentice to the Clone Emperor.

See David for more specific Luke costume questions. http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=3976

Agreed, I view Luke as "Darkside" at this point, perhaps it could be argued for 501st membership as he was serving the Clone Emperor, but definitely not RL IMHO Wink

Daritha (Christian)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guyver04 wrote:
This is also the costume that Luke wears when he makes his first trip Ossus in DE II where he's rebuilding the Jedi Order so I don't see why it couldn't but a RL costume.
Good point. Otherwise, Kyle Katarn's outfit would be dark side too since he's shortly falls to the DS during the events of "Jedi Knight - Mysteries of the Sith".

But I don't want to start a discussion about this topic here. The RL has made statement to this costume some time ago and we should stick to it. Also, Bes'kad said he don't want to make the costume for the RL but for himself. So there's no need for any discussion yet. Wink

KJO | Member

sharakin (sheraz)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its a fantastic costume to do, Very Happy
i was actually thinking of making a 'darkside-concept anakin' costume as it has been produced for the Legacy collection.
the DE luke costume reminds me of that...

Anakin Skywalker Clone war & Episode 3 ROTS
Event Co-ordinator, Rebel legion UK- Scotland
KJO temple master- Elstree Base 2012/13
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Luke Skywalker All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: