Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=ff4de5628274799cc661e833cf78399bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Who has a mouse droid?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Droids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom_In_AZ ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The shells are made by two different people. The sizes are definitely different. One of the things I am waiting to do is upgrade to a larger full scale MSE which will be larger than Richards. I am just hoping that someone presses one out of the same material that our MSEs are made out of currently. One of the things that Mr. Sansweet had mentioned to us that day is that every one of that that was build at the studio was all a little different in size, and were unique in their own characteristics.
Tom
Silverback (Richard Berry)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom's MSE is shorter in length but wider, where mine is longer in length but narrower. This means a few different things. Mine has a good deal more room to fit items all on the floor of the bottom half of the shell...but mine does not have the very sharp turn radius that Tom's has. Tom's MSE can turn on a dime which is in part due to his shorter body length.

Both of ours are about 80% to full scale. A 1:1 MSE is not often done because of the complications of finding a suitable RC car chassis to fill it or make it work. It's not impossible, just not an easy task - I look forward to seeing Tom's final product.

Tom also has come up with a couple of ideas that make sound control easy using bluetooth tech and a PDA or smart phone. If you really want to know, I'll let Tom explain it - I even think there is a video explaining it with a demo of it in action. I went the easy route of a MP3 player connected to a Radio Shack amp playing a loop of the sounds.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh you are not going to believe this one Rich, remember when I got back from Atlanta I said that TSA took my cellphone?? Well, actually they didn't! The jokers put inside one of the pockets of my backpack away from the mouse droid, and not wrapped up in foam the way that I left it for transport! It was a total surprise to me at the RL meeting I was at on Saturday for it to pop out of my bag. My nephew who happened to be with me when I packed the phone dropped the cookie and drink out of his hand when he saw it! Yeah it was a funny moment.

If anyone is interested in a soundbox system using bluetooth via a windows mobile cellphone or PDA then let me know.
TrooperPX (David Ramsay)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mouse races at C-6!!! Mr. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Droids All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: