About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=a6712c5faeb4afbdd72610be5c6e47d1Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

EVENT: Visalia School Fundraiser Oct. 11 (Sat)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cruzer (Lorenzo)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everybody was kung-fu fighting
Those cats were fast as lightning
In fact it was a little bit frightning
But they fought with expert timing
Dance Chewie Dance Chewie Dance Chewie Dance Chewie

Laughing Now get out there and have a good time! I'm so jealous! Take lots of pictures!woo hoo
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cruzer wrote:

Laughing Now get out there and have a good time! I'm so jealous! Take lots of pictures!woo hoo

Yeah, I know everyone is probably busy getting ready for the event and not online. But today is the day to think about the kids and raising money for the school. Put the misunderstandings about volunteer sign-up process behind - and just be proud to be part of a great group of people with wonderful costumes who will add so much joy and positive energy to today's fundraiser event!

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes
Master--Kenobi (Kim Leigh)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cruzer wrote:

:

This explains quite a bit and helps clarify some questions. How sad.

This was all for the kids and their safety. Now, lets be there for them and give them the best show that we can!!!
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master--Kenobi wrote:
Cruzer wrote:

:

This explains quite a bit and helps clarify some questions. How sad.

This was all for the kids and their safety. Now, lets be there for them and give them the best show that we can!!!

There is never anything sad about trying to bring a little lighthearted humor into this hobby that is meant to be enjoyed. Not being able to laugh or giggle or have fun...now that is regrettably sad.

And you're right it does explain...that I like to be silly at times! dizzy
If there are ever any questions you think I can clarify, all you have to do is ask. I am always straight with people. I promise

However, if you thought I had alterior motives, please see my post prior where I agreed with your desire to have an approved and verified list of participants for an event such as this. That was just me being straight with my opinion as someone who has worked in public education for the past 12 years as both a secondary ed. teacher and vice principal. Smile

Now if you ask me something about brain surgery...I'm outa here at the speed of light!!! Falcon

It's good to know that everyone at this event is having fun right now! woo hoo
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Lorenzo. One of the bad things about posting,is that we can't see the faces, or hear the inflections. So, now that I know you are a "silly k-nig-et" I understand more. Cause I'm just as off the wall as well. Thanks for the clarification. Mr. Green

You missed a great time, lots of laughter, lots of sillliness, and hope that you will be available the next time we decide to all be silly together.
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kim, I'm glad to hear it was a great time. I can't wait to see some photos and see a mission report. I'm so happy Rebel Legion members were able to help the school out. You all rock!

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to say, this is one of the most fun, if not THE most fun events I have ever been to.
Thanks from the very bottom of my heart to everyone who came out.

Jos..thanks for being an awsome Head Wrangler...keeping us fed, watered, repaired, watched over, and just being there. Taking over 300 pics and putting up with this "herding cats" that you had with this group. You ROCK.

Terry - thanks for being an awsome wrangler as well! Keeping us on track, "protecting" us from the younglings that were too small to really see, holding buckets and helping us put ourselves back together. SOOO appreciated.

Amy: Thank you for bringing Luke out to play. And for the laughter watching you and Vader interact as Father and Son. My sides still hurt. You were awsome.

Melissa: Thank you for sacrificing the pain and wearing the "buns." Watching you with the kids was beautiful. You are amazing with them.
(Plus also watching Leia with her Father as well...just loved it!)

Barry - Thank you for being an incredible announcer and working so well with the younglings. You were very much appreciated and the kids were in awe of you.

Bette- Thanks for the laughter, the support, and the sole Tusken that hung in there throughout the day. (AND putting up with the "backwards baseball cap" jokes!!!! Razz ) I'll never be able to look at a female tusken in the same way again!!!! Wink Mr. Green (Ok so does SHE have a baseball cap?) Very Happy

Derek: Thank you for watching out for all of us, doing photography, keeping this TIE from falling flat on my face going up and down stairs, etc. LOL You make an awsome Jedi.

Tao: Thank you for coming all the way up from SoCal for this. "Cassila" is always a pleasure to have around. Always wonderful to see one of my favorite Jedi's show up. (And extra kudos for winning the awsome Yoda Cake. That was soooo cool).

Craig: Thank you for an AWSOME Jango. For hanging in with all the armor. AND the burned-in-my-mind visual of "Jango" trying to fly. OMG, I was dying under the helmet from laughing. Thanks for coming all the way down for this. Great meeting you!

Shelly: Thank you for armoring-up and bringing your TK down to the event. Awsome meeting you, and exchanging armor ideas. Loved watching the kids flock to you, and hugging you. YOU ROCK, LADY!!! Looking forward now to finishing my TK and armoring up with you.

Scott: THANK YOU!!! You flew in, landed your ship, and saved us. I owe you!! More fun than I can imagine trooping with you, Jango, and our TK. Then on stage, the comments just had me in tears and trying not to "break character." Thanks for coming up from SoCal for this event. AND thanks for the non-stop laughter.

(Note: Will - Darth Fresno- was unable to make it due to a car accident in his family. Will you were missed, and know that our prayers, thoughts, and love go with you and yours. )

AGAIN to all of you. *Bow* I thank you all..for an incredible time...more laughs than I can remember...an incredibly successful event, and joining us in the SoCal "tradition" of the after event dinner. OMG..STILL Hiccuping from laughing so hard. HUGE HUGS TO ALL OF YOU!!! YOU ALL ROCK!!! Will be starting to work on pics tomorrow after we recover! LOL

Thanks again,

Kim Mr. Green
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I to enjoyed the event. Everything turned out just fine, lots of happy little faces. It was a pleasure seeing familar faces and meeting some new friends. I would write more, but I am very tired. Smile

I have one image ready and here it is...

(Click the image for full size)

Attendance: (left to right)
Craig McKeeman (CCG), Bette Standerfer (EB), Amy Dienhart (SB), Melissa Acevedo (SB-Pending), Scott Allen (SCG), Kim Leigh (SCG), Shelley Lytle (CCG), Derek Mazer (EB), Tao Will (SB) and Barry Pike (EB)
Not Pictured, a special thanks to: Josie Figueroa, Terry Ledger and Devin Ledger.

If the image does not appear above, click the link below:
http://www.thetwinsuns.com/info/news/2008/10-oct/2008-10-11_dm_057.jpg

If I spelled your named wrong, please PM me and I will fix it. Shocked

Josie... let me know how to get a CD to you of all the pictures Terry, Devin and I took with my camera. Since we live fairly close, your also more than welcome to come by and pick it up. Smile

Rebel Legion, Endor Base (Rebel Legion Branding & Marketing Team)
501st Legion, Southern California Garrison
The Twin Suns: www.thetwinsuns.com (Supreme Chancellor)

"When 900 years old you reach, look is good you will not, hummm!" -Master Yoda

Last edited by DerekM1767 () on Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Mother Tusken ()

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we returned home a little while ago and now that the cats have been fed and ears scrtached the Wizard has gone off to bed and I have time to make this post.

It was a great day for us. I admit that I was a little unsure of what might occur after the past couple of days but things went very well. Although I think at the next event I will bring Kim her own baseball cap. (What else would a female Tusken be wearing under her shawl?)

Barry had so many kids asking him questions about Star Wars that it sort of became a joke about his "new padawans." He really enjoys this aspect of these types of events.

It was nice to see those we have trooped with before and meeting others for the first time, but we hope not the last. Surprisingly many of the children knew who I was meant to be which really impressed me but then there was the adult that thought I was Boba Fett. That was different. The best part however was having my own fan club. This was a group of girls that cheered me when we were on stage and just spent time with me off and on throughout the day.

Again, we had a good day and dinner afterwards made for a pleasent ending. Oh, and when did you want that horse dropped off?

Bette
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mother Tusken wrote:
Surprisingly many of the children knew who I was meant to be which really impressed me but then there was the adult that thought I was Boba Fett. That was different. The best part however was having my own fan club. This was a group of girls that cheered me when we were on stage and just spent time with me off and on throughout the day.

Again, we had a good day and dinner afterwards made for a pleasent ending. Oh, and when did you want that horse dropped off?

Bette

ROFL...GREATTTTT Bette, now not only when I see the female Tuskens I'll be thinking about the baseball cap, I'll also be wondering "Is that Boba Fett under there" as well. Razz

As for the horse...hmmm when you get a Black Percheron Mare in...THEN let me know!!! Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I'm sure you said White, 17 year old pigeon-toed former pack horse. And I can paint her black. Laughing
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mother Tusken wrote:
No, I'm sure you said White, 17 year old pigeon-toed former pack horse. And I can paint her black. Laughing

No no no... I believe it was 5 year old Black Percheron Mare that has been broke for reining... Mr. Green

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oaky, one White, 17 year old pigeon-toed former pack horse painted black with a fake birth certificate. And we now have sheep. I show up this morning to discover two adult sheep in a stall. Shocked Tomorrow I teach some employees the art of sheep herding. whack
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mother Tusken wrote:
Oaky, one White, 17 year old pigeon-toed former pack horse painted black with a fake birth certificate. And we now have sheep. I show up this morning to discover two adult sheep in a stall. Shocked Tomorrow I teach some employees the art of sheep herding. whack

Sounds like a WeOfUs Conspiracy... Wink
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took a while, but I finally uploaded the photos from Derek and Kim from this event:

http://imageevent.com/kay_dee/rebellegion/royaloakselementaryschoolcarnival

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: