About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=96f11aa5e3beb3df48340e29dd144458Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

EVENT: Spirit Halloween San Francisco - Oct 28, 29 or 30
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Master Mina (Robin Parker)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay_Dee wrote:
...I say, bring your business cards and trading cards because if people ask you about your costumes you might as well pimp the clubs...

I can do that...I'm good at pimping the clubs. ROTF

I'll be there at the Concord store on Oct. 29th at 4:00 PM, with lightsabers on in full force. Who cares if the store is empty. It's being in costume, playing and making representation that matters the most. It will draw crowds, if anything. Very Happy
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt or Roberto - do you want to give us a quick run down (for historical purposes) of what went on at the San Mateo location?

Robin or Scott, could you type up a tiny mission report. Nothing too elaborate if you just don't have time or energy, just something for our records and if there is a set of photos out there feel free to link to it Wink

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes

Last edited by Kay_Dee (Kathy) on Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:14 am; edited 1 time in total
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathy, do you want it posted here or in the Mission Report forums? And can you put the photos in the GGG members gallery/or your Image Event? I'm having trouble logging in to the GGG Members gallery and with my Photobucket account.

http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JedHead wrote:
Kathy, do you want it posted here or in the Mission Report forums? And can you put the photos in the GGG members gallery/or your Image Event? I'm having trouble logging in to the GGG Members gallery and with my Photobucket account.

Well, since your location Matt was supported more by GGG than RL (you and Roberto) I think a mission report here is fine.... I guess Roberto represented both clubs in a way.

FYI - for the future, I'd like all mission reports cross posted here (not just a link but actually copy and paste the entire report) for our records. I'm not sure how much is being archived on the main forums Smile

I was just about to ask what you wanted done with those photos. I'll upload them to GGG for you.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mission Report:

Event: Spirit Halloween Store
Date: 10/29/09
Time: 4 - 6 pm

Rebel Legion Members Attending:

Roberto Moran - Anakin

GGG Members Attending:

Matt Tolosa - TI

Mission Details:

I arrived at the location just before 4 pm (I had underestimated the traffic due to the Bay Bridge closure). Upon entering the store, I asked an employee to see the manager. When they said "For what?", I said to myself, "I have a bad feeling about this". I was told the manager was at the bank at the moment, so I was given someone else's attention to answer my question. They thought we were supposed to be there tomorrow, and wanted to know what we'd be doing for them. So they called the district manager. While I was waiting, Roberto showed up, already suited up.

We were then told to hand out flyers to promote their "Halloween Party" that was to be held at midnight the next day. Roberto and I at first wandered the store doing this, but eventually situated ourselves primarily near the front of the store, either outside or inside right by the doors. That way, we figured, would be the best chance to hand out the flyers as they came in, or to give them to people who were on their way out who didn't get them.

After about 45 minutes, I took a breather in the back, but realized there was no water for us. Just a note to everyone - just because an event says that water will be provided, bring one anyway. As time went on, I realized that no one had taken any pictures with us, or even called me Darth Vader! Were we in another dimension? So I decided if no one was going to take pictures, then we would, so Roberto took photos to record the event for the last 20 minutes.

All in all, I wish there was more to this event, both in planning and execution on the part of Spirit. But we tried to make the most of what we were given and told.

Pictures coming soon.

http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

San Mateo Event photos will be here in about... 20 minutes?: http://imageevent.com/kay_dee/rebellegion/spirithalloweenstoresanmateo

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: