About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=840976bce54aa490d0e5bccc2ef0110eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

MSE Droid (Mouse)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Droids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grey_starr (Daniel)
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: MSE Droid (Mouse) Reply with quote

I have a couple on the go - one bought shell at a wrong scale but beautifully done! and one made shell completely to scale.

I have no problem doing most of the work - but I am stuck on the actual RC car to use. The Yahoo group is way too annoying for me to sort through looking for suggestions.
Silverback (Richard Berry)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you build your own shell? Is it based on the blueprint on the yahoo group? Who did you buy the other shell from?

Most people use a 1:10 car. The Bolink Legend chassis is the most popular but it is dismantled and cut down to fit right anyway so you are not restricted to it at all. Most RC cars can have the wheels changed out so I would suggest finding a car that you don't mind tearing apart so you can rebuild it as you need to in the shell.

With the Bolink, you cut the chassis in half and use the rear while removing the front axle to attach to the shell directly. All of the innards are attached to the inside shell (batteries, speed control, etc). I hope this helps.
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bought shell was from a run on Mouse Builders about a year ago... The home made one is a Full Scale prototype by StyrofoamGuy (of the R2 Builders), a laser cut flat pattern in ABS that you glue together.

I'll need to look into the Bolink Legend and start saving for it - I have no worries cutting and placing. There are two serious Droid builders up here that I will turn to for electronics Wink One will even be able to help me get it connected to a PS2 wireless controller Very Happy
Tom_In_AZ ()

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there Daniel, have you been able to move forward with your droid at all? I know the Yahoo Group software is not the best to work with, but between Richard and myself I guess we can help bring any info here if you need it.

The Bolink is a great chassis to work with. You will want to widen the chassis some, and you will need to make a longer axel as well. If you send off an email to the Bolink guys, they might be able to supply you with a longer one, I bet it is an easy thing for them to do since they do everything in house. That was my plan if I can get my hands on that same kit you have.

BTW, I'd love to hear some more about that PS2/PS3 controller thing. I am guessing it is a Bluetooth connection.

Tom
Topgun ()

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go Speedy Go!!!

http://s1013.photobucket.com/albums/af256/fumapvt/?action=view&current=102_4020.flv
Tom_In_AZ ()

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHAHHHHHAA, it must have thought the trash can was a broken gonk droid!
Okami Dai ()
Alpine Outpost CO
Alpine Outpost CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello there,
I´m thinking of building a mouse droid, using a Tamiya RC car as base. I don´t want to join Yahoo groups or other communities, so here´s my question:
What are the overall measurements of the MSE-6 for 1:1 scale?
I wasn´t able to get them on "standard" internet search...
Thanks in advance,
A-Wing Pilot
Jedi Knight
Okami Dai ()
Alpine Outpost CO
Alpine Outpost CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found it!
It´s larger than I thought, seems to become an interesting project...

I hope it is possible to use the MSE-6 for Rebel activities, too!
A-Wing Pilot
Jedi Knight
Kievan Mereel (Sam Coulson)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okami Dai wrote:
Found it!
It´s larger than I thought, seems to become an interesting project...

I hope it is possible to use the MSE-6 for Rebel activities, too!

I've seen a mouse droid being used by both Republic and Separatist forces in the Clone Wars cartoon series, so they must be pretty universal.
TrooperPX (David Ramsay)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got mine in the works. I'll post pics when I can. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Droids All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: