About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=ea2b870da8502dfd1e974b3c99a38816Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Skywalker Fatigue Jacket

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Luke Skywalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Red5StandingBy ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:29 am    Post subject: Skywalker Fatigue Jacket Reply with quote

Hello,

Am new to the Forum. Nice to see lots of topics covered here.

I thought I would share a few photographs of my Skywalker Fatigue Jacket. It was made for me by a seamstress friend of mine (here in Scotland) who knows John Mollo.

The fabric - as far as am led to believe - is a Belgian one, and a cross between moleskin and suede. As some of you on here will know, there is no official version of the jacket in the Lucas archives, however, my pal managed to see one of the many made for ESB, courtesy of Mollo.

I've seen the Bantha Tracks and Anjon Apparel versions of the jacket, and it's pretty clear they are neither the right colour, the right design or the right material. Which is fine, though, if you're into something that's not entirely correct (though said jackets look fairly convincing to my eye anyway).

In ESB, the jacket looks beige/ tan, but it's neither (again, this is just info passed onto me through Mollo); instead it's more creamy in tone. Judge for yourselves.

Anyway, it's great to be on the Forum. I look forward to having a good read of the threads.

Cheers,

R5SB

Compare and Contrast:

Anakinos (Thad Laskowski)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Skywalker Fatigue Jacket Reply with quote

Red5StandingBy wrote:
Hello,

Am new to the Forum. Nice to see lots of topics covered here.

I thought I would share a few photographs of my Skywalker Fatigue Jacket. It was made for me by a seamstress friend of mine (here in Scotland) who knows John Mollo.

The fabric - as far as am led to believe - is a Belgian one, and a cross between moleskin and suede. As some of you on here will know, there is no official version of the jacket in the Lucas archives, however, my pal managed to see one of the many made for ESB, courtesy of Mollo.

I've seen the Bantha Tracks and Anjon Apparel versions of the jacket, and it's pretty clear they are neither the right colour, the right design or the right material. Which is fine, though, if you're into something that's not entirely correct (though said jackets look fairly convincing to my eye anyway).

In ESB, the jacket looks beige/ tan, but it's neither (again, this is just info passed onto me through Mollo); instead it's more creamy in tone. Judge for yourselves.

Anyway, it's great to be on the Forum. I look forward to having a good read of the threads.

Cheers,

R5SB

Compare and Contrast:

Thumbs up Thumbs up rock rock good job. I will be looking at this with great interest. Nicely done

Masterbean (Brian Bean)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, nice. Here, I had always assumed it was a flight suit and not a jacket and cargo style pants.
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He still wears the pants on Dagobah, he just looses the jacket

Mind ya for the longest time I thought his ROTJ Outfit was a one piece too

'Just because I don't like to fight. Doesn't mean I can't'

'They can be a great people Kal-El they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way'

'JASON' Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
_Master_Skywalker_ ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looking great, looking forward to seeing more pics as you progress !!

Red5StandingBy ()

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. When I got the jacket made for me, I really ought to have got the pants (or, trousers as we call them in the UK) made up in the same material. Silly me. Anyway, should I ever get them made up, I'll be sure to post the results here. Cheers!
Aramys Strael (Bill Kohlleppel)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That outfit was basically the Rebel Pilots ground uniform. Its just that the only pilot we see wearing this outfit is Luke. When West End Games held the license for the SW:RPG, the Rebel Sourcebook had an illustration of the pilots ground uniform. It was this costume, only I think the artist took the liberty of putting a very Wedge-like face to the illustration.

Would be cool to see more pilots in ground uniforms in the RL, not just the Luke Skywalker - Dagobah/Bespin outfit. Know what I mean?

- Bill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Red5StandingBy ()

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're dead right. Check it out on Page 98.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/19470729/d6-Star-Wars-2e-Rebel-Alliance-Source-Book

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course I am dead right.... I have that book at home! Thumbs up

- Bill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lady Jedi Carenix ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The jacket looks great. Very Happy I hope you get the rest of the costume done. Smile

"Curiosity has gotten me into trouble all my life." -Aischros, Baltimore, or, The Steadfast Tin Soldier and the Vampire

*Cricket, Cricket*
nebelwerfer ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awsome!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks y'all. I can't seem to bring myself to get the pants made (not sure am ready for wearing them round town), but today I took my early 90s version of the Skywalker Fatigue Jacket to a local seamstress to have it better tailored. Anyone who has had the misfortune of owning the early 90s model will know it is a very poor fit. Anyway, I got chatting to her and we've decided to make a black, satin version of the jacket, which we hope to have ready in a couple of months from now. When I get it back, I'll be sure to put up a few pictures of it.

Which makes me wonder: has anyone had a replica Star Wars outfit made, but changed the type of fabric and colour from that of the original?

Take it easy, folks...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My CorSec Officer costume is of a different color.... instead of it being a tan color, it is a very dark brown color. But the orange about the right color.

I'm not sure if I used the right fabrics, or not. But they worked for me.

- Bill
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Luke Skywalker All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: