Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=be56aa69fe97ca71d442e46aa76dec0aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

EVENT: Spirit Halloween San Francisco - Oct 28, 29 or 30
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: EVENT: Spirit Halloween San Francisco - Oct 28, 29 or 30 Reply with quote

Ed DaSilva (Exodus) forwarded Endor Base this appearance request from Spirit Halloween via Mary Franklin.

UPDATE - WE HAD THE WRONG STORES. CHECK OUT THE CORRECTED STORE LOCATIONS SENT IN BY MARY FRANKLIN TODAY - POSTED BELOW Smile

It is my understanding at this time that the first right of refusal for this event goes to 501st members. And the Rebel Legion is invited to pinch hit for any store locations lacking 501st volunteers. Please understand that Mary Franklin did say either 501st or RL costumes will work, but since the invite went to the 501st first - we must do the polite thing and give their members the first opportunity to sign up.

Each store only requires one appearance on one day - not multiple days. The volunteers are choosing the single day convenient for them. So for example, once the store in Concord is covered for any one of the 3 days, Concord will not continue to have appearances on additional days.

I believe that our appearance ties in with the Celebration V marketing campaign going on in the Spirit Halloween stores.

Event Name: Spirit Halloween SF stores in-store character
Venue: Spirit Halloween SF
Venue address(es):

Antioch store # 6506- Slatten Ranch
5875 Lonetree Way
Antioch CA 94531

Concord store #7350 Pleasant Hill
552 Contra Costa BLVD Suite 10
Concord CA 94523

San Mateo Store # 7346
1880 S Grant St
San Mateo CA 94402

Event Date: October 28, 29, 30th (see below... you get to choose)
Event Time: 4pm - 6pm
Requested number of characters: 2 total (first option goes to 501st costumers)
Requested character types: First option is going to 501st costumers. Second preference is high profile formal RL costumes. Informal/medium profile costumes can also be considered. Mary suggested that the costumes be easily recognizable characters "Like a Jedi or trooper or Vader or Obi-Wan..."

Secure changing/staging area: Yes
Blasters / Weapons: Authorized
Handler / Photographer: tbd
RSVP Deadline: Afternoon of 10/19/09
Comments:
"Spirit Halloween stores are looking to have in-store character events during the week leading up to Halloween.

They are hoping that two costumed characters per store could come in at three San Francisco area locations. Iím sorry I donít have those locations yet, but Iím working to get them as quickly as I can.

The two costumed characters could take their pick: either October 28, 29, or 30, starting at 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM. The two characters would just need to be there on one of those days.

We have told the Spirit stores of the need to have a safe area for the characters to change, and water. However, they are not providing anything else from the store. Please let me know if there is anything else you need.

We very much hope a couple folks can go, but on the other hand I donít want to pressure and say this is a high-priority request.

If you could let me know by Monday, October 19th, the names of the characters who are going, and a contact number, that will be great.

Mary Franklin"

Additional note from Mary:

"Either 501st or Rebel is just fine. I think since itís a Spirit store they should be an easily recognized character. Like a Jedi or trooper or Vader or Obi-Wan.

Maybe not, say, a Wat Tambor!"

RSVPs

Concord - Oct 29th
1. Tony Abrams: TI
2. Jessica Muchow: Juno Eclipse

--------
RL - approved to join 501st
1. Master Mina (Robin) - Generic Jedi
2. Runamuk - (Scott) - Generic Jedi or Handler (waiting to make sure Mary is fine with two jedi, or if scott should be a handler).

San Mateo
1. Matt Tolosa: pre armor Vader (29th)

Antioch

----

Please sign up below if you have a store (or stores) you can volunteer for.

Preference for RL costumes would be for those meeting high profile event requirements - recognizable character types. Thanks Smile

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes

Last edited by Kay_Dee (Kathy) on Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:54 am; edited 7 times in total
Master Mina (Robin Parker)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm open for Friday, Oct. 30th...at this location:

Concord store #7350 Pleasant Hill
552 Contra Costa BLVD Suite 10
Concord CA 94523

Generic Jedi costume. Let me know if you need me to link pictures for Mary's approval.
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Robin,

Great! Nope - this shouldn't need Mary's approval. I know your Generic Jedi is in formal and good condition.

We'll have you down as the first RL member requesting a spot at this location. If the 501st don't fill the 2 positions (or choose a different date), it's yours! (Sorry we have to work it that way.)

I guess we'll know by the evening of the 19th.

Just in case, are there other dates that would work for you if say, a 501st member or another RL member can only go on the 29th?

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted on GGG that I'd be available as Anakin on the 29th at the San Mateo store IF someone else is there with me.

http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jeslyn (Jessica M)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put in for Juno on the GGG with Tony on the 28th for Concord.

"Sometimes there are things no one can fix." - Padme Episode II

"Sometime soon, you will decide the fate of the rebellion, not your Master." - Juno Eclipse

"Oh Master, I can tell you she's going to be impossible to reprogram." - PROXY

Last edited by Jeslyn (Jessica M) on Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
RunAmuk (Scott Muchow)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can be a handler/photographer for Concord if needed. Jess is signed up for the 501st so I will be there anyway.
Jeslyn (Jessica M)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RunAmuk wrote:
I can be a handler/photographer for Concord if needed. Jess is signed up for the 501st so I will be there anyway.

Tony is tentative so maybe you could be a Jedi for it if he backs out.
Tony called for the 28th.

"Sometime soon, you will decide the fate of the rebellion, not your Master." - Juno Eclipse

Last edited by Jeslyn (Jessica M) on Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
RunAmuk (Scott Muchow)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever works...sounds like they want armor, we'll see.
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeslyn wrote:
I put in for Juno on the GGG with Anthony on the 28th for Concord.

Haha! That was fast Smile

Time for another update to this thread Wink

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RunAmuk wrote:
Whatever works...sounds like they want armor, we'll see.

I don't know if it's that they want armor, it's more the way the invite came about. Mary contacted GGG first. Ed D. was unsure if 501st could cover 3 locations and asked her if she had considered asking RL. So after the request had already gone out to 501st Mary did say that either 501st or RL costumes would be fine.

Sooo... this is more "Endor Base" being polite and not cutting in on the invite that originally was sent to 501st. We'll help out if there are spots not claimed by 501st. Smile

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jessica, what date did you guys pick to support concord?

Scott, technically Robin signed up first for the 30th, so she'd have first dibs if they could make room for a rebel. You have second dibs.

I guess we are waiting to hear about handlers too. So I'll note that you did request being a handler and hopefully Ed D. won't have a problem honoring that since you seem to be the first offering to be a handler at Concord.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Jeslyn (Jessica M)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony originally asked for the 28th. But like I said he is tentative right now. I can be flexible.

JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad the times overlap for the Hiller Museum event on the 30th. It would've been nice to do both without having to go down that way twice in two days.

But I guess I could use one day to check out the huge costume (not Spirit) shop in Redwood City.

http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JedHead wrote:
Too bad the times overlap for the Hiller Museum event on the 30th. It would've been nice to do both without having to go down that way twice in two days.

But I guess I could use one day to check out the huge costume (not Spirit) shop in Redwood City.

My preference is still for Hiller... that's why I didnt' sign up for the Spirit Stores.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Master Mina (Robin Parker)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay_Dee wrote:
Hi Robin,

Great! Nope - this shouldn't need Mary's approval. I know your Generic Jedi is in formal and good condition.

We'll have you down as the first RL member requesting a spot at this location. If the 501st don't fill the 2 positions (or choose a different date), it's yours! (Sorry we have to work it that way.)

I guess we'll know by the evening of the 19th.

Just in case, are there other dates that would work for you if say, a 501st member or another RL member can only go on the 29th?

The only other date would be Oct. 29th. I think I'll be too tired on Oct. 28th because I will have just gotten back from SW Fan Days III. Besides, it looks like you have enough RL back-up for Oct. 28th.

So, if all else fails, I'm flexible for both Oct. 29th and Oct. 30th, but would prefer Oct. 30th since it's a Friday, I will be in play mode and live less than 2 minutes from the Concord/Pleasant Hill Spirit Store (been there, done that, saw it, fun!).

To troop or not to troop...In any event, it doesn't matter to me. If you need me, I'll do my best efforts to show up and make a good appearance for the Rebel Legion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: