About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=5556aac29d3c023856876a8cca429698Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Film shoot for Cartoon Network / Jedi costume needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Bespin Base -> Bespin Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
artifact ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: Film shoot for Cartoon Network / Jedi costume needed Reply with quote

Hello Rebellion,
My name is Eric and I'm senior designer for a broadcast design company in Atlanta Ga called Artifact http://www.artifactdesign.com/ . We are developing a spot for Cartoon Network that will air at a live event in New York city.

To the point, we need an authentic Jedi costume for a high level executive of Cartoon Network to wear for a 4 hour shoot over green screen. We will use this footage to place him in the Star Wars Clone Wars cartoon. The 501st in New York will be assisting us with the live portion of the event, so in order to make sure the level of quality in the costuming is comparable, we are asking if there is any of you who have an Obi-Wan/ Qui-Gon/ Master Jedi style outfit that would be willing to come to the shoot in Atlanta (or ship the outfit to us, although i'm sure supervision would be advised) and allow a CN executive (6' 2") to wear your amazing creation for a brief film shoot. Of course we would compensate you for your time and rental of the garments.

The shoot will take place between September 30th and October 3rd, so time is unfortunately an issue. The activity will be performing in the costume will be very tame so there are no worries about the outfit being under any stress whatsoever. I also understand the time and effort you all put into your costumes and we promise to treat you and your creation as a VIP at the shoot.

Might I add that I've seen you guys at Dragon Con and you all look amazing! It will be an honor to meet you and have your talents help us out with this very cool project.

Please feel free to contact me at eric@artifactdesign.com,
Pat McNeely (Art Director) pat@artifactdesign.com,
call Artifact Design at 404-888-0061 if you are interested.
Feel free to post here on the forum with your thoughts or questions.

Thank you all!
Kryy Jacobi (Karyn W)
Bespin Base XO
Bespin Base XO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might consider posting this in the Jedi section as well, just so it gets proper exposure.

I'd love to help, but I'm a girl, so other than the robe I'm afraid my costume wouldn't fit.... Laughing And the robe would be a bit too short, as I am only 5' 9".... tall for a girl, but not tall enough for this.

Best of success with this! Can't wait for the new season, and as a matter of fact, I'm actively working on a Clone Wars costume.

MTFBWY
artifact ()

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info! I'll post it there right away. I was just thinking I'd give the locals first dibs.

That's awesome about your Clone Wars costume... that will be very cool I'm sure. The character design for Clone Wars is fantastic (IMO) and I'd love to see more people welcome that style as a standard in the Star Wars universe.

Thanks again, for responding! I really hope I can get someone's outfit in this spot.
Jarren Landcaster (Christopher Shore)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised Talking my language obi 2 If given time and place to be, Im sure I can make arrangments to be there. I have 6 outfits and 12 sabers. My # is 478-951-2842 or 478-952-2843. Ben

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Obaa-san Brenda (Brenda Sellers)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:05 am    Post subject: outfit Reply with quote

So, are you a go?
229-436-0582
Jarren Landcaster (Christopher Shore)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talked to the guy from CN and he said they just got an outfit from Museum Rep in Atl. , but the upside is that I told if he had something more to come up with, to keep my # and call me. He said that he would.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Bespin Base -> Bespin Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: