About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=582a2c4b9d3452f3f8ba3debff7fc181Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Paul Sawyier Library

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Corellian Base -> Corellian Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (1)

(0)

(3)

User Registered Confirmed
jedimikaFri Oct 02, 2009 4:27 am
DaleThu Sep 24, 2009 1:30 am
jedi hairmasterThu Sep 24, 2009 2:13 am
kelldarWed Oct 07, 2009 9:49 pm
FallenJedi ()
Corellian Base CO
Corellian Base CO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Paul Sawyier Library
Event starting Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:00 pm for 2 hours

I spoke with the library in conjunction with the MSG and they mentioned that they wanted the Rebel Legion to attend also. Below is the event request. (They will submit a formal request via the web-site today)

Event Name: Star Wars @ Your Library
Venue: Paul Sawyier Public Library
Venue address: 319 Wapping Street Frankfort, Kentucky 40601
Date: 21 Nov 09, Saturday
Time: 2:00-4:00pm (*Eastern time*)

Expected number of attendees: 150-200
Secure changing/staging area: Yes

Comments: We are still in the planning stages of this event, but are looking at doing an event (we are a Public Library) that would serve possibly up to 150-200 kids. This would conceivably be the capper on a week with culminating activities based on the Star Wars movies.

If anyone has Star Wars related props they could bring the library would like us to talk to folks about prop making and building. If needed they will provide an area to hold a prop workshop discussion. This can be what we make it: ie formal and in front of people setting or informal as people come up to look at props on a table.

They would welcome any activities such as Clone target practice or Jedi Training camp if we can accommodate that request.

If you can attend please post here. Also, we'll need someone to take lead on this.

Last edited by FallenJedi () on Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:35 am; edited 1 time in total
jedimika ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 2 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM sent Very Happy
jedimika ()
Active Legion Member

Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I've agreed to take lead on this one so I'll keep everyone up to date on any developments. Let me know if there's anything I can do for you to make your attendance more likely (within reason Smile) or even if you have any ideas for library type activities.
jedimika ()
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had the chance to scout out the library and meet the staff this weekend and they have a really nice facility and a really nice activity/community room reserved for us. We'll be doing prop talks at 2pm and 3pm so I would suggest getting there by at least 1:30. I plan to get there about 1pm for set up. The talks will be ticketed and right now they're planning on 40 kids (plus a parent) in each session so maybe 80 each session. The staff will also have other Star Wars activities going on at the same time in the main library and they would love to have more costumed characters circulating among the patrons. Post here or PM me if you can help out. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Corellian Base -> Corellian Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: