About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=691b772dc091eadd171022a391922aeaMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Commanding Officer (CO) Q&A-2009

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Europe -> Benelux Base -> Benelux Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi-J

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Commanding Officer (CO) Q&A-2009 Reply with quote

Quote:
September 11th through September 20th are reserved for candidate Question and Answer (Q&A) sessions. Members may post questions for the candidates to answer. On September 20th candidates will post final statements. Voting will begin on 12:01 A.M. EST September 21st through 11:59 P.M. EST September 30th, after which no more votes will be accepted.

In this thread please feel free to ask the candidates questions regarding the position and their intentions if they are elected to it.

Candidates:
Sofie
Cob
Meggyra (Mégane Danneels)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so I will ask a question to the two nominates, because lot of people in Rebel Legion Benelux are new members and don't know the two, so I think it's bad to vote just for an known person and not for the acts...

so why do you want to be a CO and what will you propose in more than before ? (when DT was our CO because it will be a big changement)
xSchmitterSx ()
Benelux Base XO
Benelux Base XO

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What want you to change in Rebel Legion Benelux . . .
And what want you keep in Rebel Legion Benelux . . .
Sofie ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK...

First of all... I want to be CO because I want to keep all the members together and keep the contacts, organise events etc so we can stay a nice group of friends, like we were before. This might sound like normal but it isn't that easy. Previous year we all slipped away from the bond we created earlier. So I'd like to strengthen the group and give the newer members a warm welcome!
I was there with the foundation of our base, so keeping it alive is very important for me. I won't be like DT, I don't have the time and can't bring down the effort like he did sometimes, but I think with a good XO and the fine members we have, we can both become a stable and great group to troop with!

Specific things I want to do next year:

First: the clothes. I'm still looking for a cheap provider... but I'm working on it, don't worry :-)

We have a site, but we don't have contents yet. I want to make sure these are filled so we can finally use it. This can be a good portal with info for our members and would-be members. Forum is not directly a priority since we can use this one.

I also would like to get data centralised as good as possible. Now it's not easy to find out which things are decided, who's the person contacting whom, ... Another part in this centralizing is a calendar (format that can be used in various calendars like outlook, google calendar, ....) where all events are written down and all contributing members are added. Because you can add it to your own calendars, this will be visible all the time, so members will always see what's up.

One other thing is that want to make work of our squads and maybe if the members are feeling the same way, searching for a print of new badges.

It's not a list like DT had, but it's something to start with :-)
Sofie ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

by the way, I made the calendar already Laughing If you want to add or view it (if you're using in outlook/google calendar/apple mail/iphone calendar/...) you can use these ways:
ICAL: http://www.google.com/calendar/ical/t89oqok5pbben6prfdhrspbsgo%40group.calendar.google.com/private-49d7580a8baf126b72a6cd4f1ed3a2c4/basic.ics
XML: http://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/t89oqok5pbben6prfdhrspbsgo%40group.calendar.google.com/private-49d7580a8baf126b72a6cd4f1ed3a2c4/basic (you can also see this in a browser)

If you'd like to watch it in your browser, please use this link: http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=t89oqok5pbben6prfdhrspbsgo%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Europe/Brussels&pvttk=49d7580a8baf126b72a6cd4f1ed3a2c4

If you want me to send a mail to add you in the calendar (if you have a google account for example) please mail me or pm me :-)

Please don't share these links with other people just like that. I don't want everyone to know what we're doing in detail.
Jedi Master Lucia ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sofie wrote:
OK...

We have a site, but we don't have contents yet. I want to make sure these are filled so we can finally use it. This can be a good portal with info for our members and would-be members. Forum is not directly a priority since we can use this one.

if you need help with the website, mabey I can help you with that :-)
let me know.

www.angel-webdesign.nl | www.jedi-master-lucia.nl | www.heales.org
Sofie ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we already have someone working on the technical stuff... it's the content that is still the problem. So if you got something, just let us know Very Happy
Jedi Master Lucia ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

who do you think about a gallery with a nice collection of convention pics and reports of members? people like to see pics and information about RL (how to become a member etc.)

Last edited by Jedi Master Lucia () on Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dark Trooper ()
Archived Member Profile

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up and running on www.rebellegion.be/gallery for +2 years

All you need to do is send me the pictures boys and girls......

I'm still willing to help out here and there but I hope you all understand I still have a long way to go to complete recovery. I'm taking it day by day and will get where I was before.

Also have the base foundation of a website I was working wich includes a forum login, build in facebook and youtube account and I can add the calendar Sofie made as well.

Anyways, I still need to finish the new forum....

Good luck to both candidates !

DT
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sofie ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks DT :-) I'm glad to see you around here. About the site: Jan is busy with it and he talked about putting it online on his space as a test. Then each member can visit and see what he wants to put on it. About the gallery: I like it and visited before, but there aren't much links and they're not frequently used so I understand that a lot of us don't know about it.

JML: good idea :-) you can send the contents you have to me so I can add it together with Jan/Khepry
Jedi Master Lucia ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sofie wrote:

JML: good idea :-) you can send the contents you have to me so I can add it together with Jan/Khepry

my reports are in dutch (my english isn't that good) you can see my reports at http://www.jedi-master-lucia.nl/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=1&Itemid=8

when the test site is online, I would like to see it Smile

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Europe -> Benelux Base -> Benelux Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: