Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=527f34d8c52a51a2e4ace9d5d7b7547eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Droids of Echo Base

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Droids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Voort saBinring (Jon Stokes)

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:02 am    Post subject: Droids of Echo Base Reply with quote

New York has it's share of droid builders too.
I myself am in Central NY a bit north of Utica.
We get a fair bit of winter up here.
I'll have to remember to take some 'Hoth' pix of my droid in the driveway come November.

My R2 became operational Oct. 30th 2008. Took him right out the door to a Halloween party at my kids school

A few days later 'we' got on the evening news while attending the Syracuse Heroes Expo.

Note to self: Comb hair before being interviewed for TV.

This weekeknd (Sept 12th 2009) R2 is heading out to a charity event for a littel girl with cancer, in Taberg NY
http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/mad_money_makin_monday_for_maddie_125575.asp
Jedi-J

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome R2 unit! I won't be in Echo Base much longer sadly and I don't even have these droids anymore because I had no place for em back when I moved down here over 2 years ago but I did build these two monsters for fun! Only the treadwell survived...he is now semi-retired in Rhode Island at a Kamino Base members house. I will be honest I do still miss that little guy...I'll build another some day simply for fun as I have no electronic or motor skills to speak of. I used a fishing line to invisibly pull him behind me when I took him out for events. It was the ghetto way of doing things but kids still liked him. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Droids All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: