About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=6b75aec0b2bf79a4531a350371be1c17Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Alright! Something new!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Droids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Endorscout64

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Alright! Something new! Reply with quote

A new forum!
Darth Stone ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long overdue, but welcomed. I was just taking with Obey-Wann about something like this last night.
Princess Leia Organa (Lori)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is. There has been a lot of dilberation on this for a long time.
I have been trying to send this email out announcing the new forum, however the mass email is giving me a problem

Greetings RL forum users and members:

The command staff of the Rebel Legion proudly announces our newest forum at the Rebel Legion.

After much deliberation, our mechanical counterparts, Droids (C3POs, R2s and alike) have their own forum at the Rebel Legion, found here:

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=264

We welcome all droids and their makers to post in this forum, although currently the Rebel Legion only accepts protocol droids for costume acceptance, as it is a worn costume by a costumer. We want to welcome all droids (& their makers) to post as we all do share events and a love for star wars.

Please visit this newest forum & MTFBWY!

Rebel Legion Command Staff

bmann (Blake Mann)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: Droid forum Reply with quote

Ok, I guess I better weigh in here having a droid costume C-3PO and an astromech droid. I was at DragonCon this year with my Astromech droid R2-X2 and I had a blast. It was a great turn out for droids this year. There were 8 Astromech units at DragonCon this year. I am also part of the R2 builders club and there has already been some discussion about trying to get our own droid room for next years DragonCon. Actually it would be droids and other robots such as C-3PO, Daleks, K-9, B-9, Scrubber droids, mouse droids etc. The requirements for having your own room at DragonCon is that you must have a "FanTrack" which means you must have programming for the attendees of the con. To waht extent that programming needs to be is still to be determined but we are researching it. If you want to be a part of that discussion there is a Yahoo group called RobotsAtDragonCon you can sign up for.

Regards,
Blake
Obey Wann (William Blackburn)
Active Legion Member

Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Lori for getting this forum opened up. I think it is great that we are making droids more a part of the discussion. I can hope that one day R2 units will be full-fledged members of the RL (without the owner having to have a costume), but this is certainly a good start.

Thank you to the leadership for opening this up. And a huge thanks to all of the droid owners out there who make our events so special. Thumbs up

R2 D2 r2leia

bmann (Blake Mann)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Can I get a picture of R2-X2 added to my profile Reply with quote

Who do I need to talk to to see if I can get a picture of R2-X2 added to my profile?

Regards,
Blake Mann
Aramys Strael (Bill Kohlleppel)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So no full-sized Gonk Droids, eh? Razz

- Bill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Queen Amidala (Mary Alice Ladd)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Droid forum Reply with quote

bmann wrote:
I am also part of the R2 builders club and there has already been some discussion about trying to get our own droid room for next years Dragon*Con. Actually it would be droids and other robots such as C-3PO, Daleks, K-9, B-9, Scrubber droids, mouse droids etc.

I still can't belive that D*C
a) set up a table next to the exit door to art show
b) got all in a twist that the R2 Builders had their droids at the table
c) made them move the droids
d) took away the table completely

Who ever set the floor plan didn't check with the powers that be that freaked about that floor plan and then made it seem like the R2 Builders were in the worng. Hello that is what they do every year, bring the droids to show them to the public.

bmann wrote:
The requirements for having your own room at DragonCon is that you must have a "FanTrack" which means you must have programming for the attendees of the con.

They should be able to figure out some way to have you display the droids w/o making you come up with a full weekend of programing.

Last edited by Queen Amidala (Mary Alice Ladd) on Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
bmann (Blake Mann)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:25 pm    Post subject: Full size gonk droid Reply with quote

I can't name all the Star Wars droid types there is not enough room but sure we want gonk droids as well! We want all droids and robots!
bmann (Blake Mann)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Droid room at DragonCon 2010 Reply with quote

There is a possibility of piggy backing on another FanTrack which would reduce the requirements on us. We are looking into this possibility as well.

Regards,
Blake Mann
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blake,
I'm going to start the ground work for more display space/table space for the RL at the next NYCC, while I'm at NYAF (they are run by same company), any chance we can get some more R2 builders there for NYCC, and I can try and get space for the droids too?
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Droids at NYCC Reply with quote

Absolutely, There are a number of NY builders and builders in the surrounding states that would be a resonable distance away from NYC to bring their droids. I will post a message on the R2 builders site and see if there is anyone interested. Do you have an approx. date for the event? If not just let me know when you do.

Best Regards,
Blake Mann
AMP (Tony Perez)
Kessel Base CO
Kessel Base CO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES!!!!!!! I started my astromech a year ago & while it hasn't progressed very far, it will, one day, be complete. Well, maybe not complete, how about presentable.
We need a logo....

It's not the years, it's the mileage.
Zen Solo ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is fantastic! I'm glad to see the droid builders finally have their own spot here. Congrats to all!

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Droids at NYCC Reply with quote

bmann wrote:
Do you have an approx. date for the event?

http://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/ Friday, October 8, 2010 to Sunday, October 10, 2010 .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Droids All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: