About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=a92b3fb8a3c2a5191c49281caa823c46Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

EVENT REQ: Pottery Barn Kids 10/10 - P. Alto/W. Creek
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: EVENT REQ: Pottery Barn Kids 10/10 - P. Alto/W. Creek Reply with quote

PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS THE SAME DAY AS THE LEGO BOOK RELEASE EVENT We actually had more members sign up for the Lego book release than we had positions open, so maybe some of you can switch to this event since the Lego book release only wants ONE Rebel Legion character per location?

Also note - if the 501st fails to get volunteers for a particular location then there is a chance the location's event may be called off.

WHAT: Pottery Barn Kids Empire Strikes Back Bedding Launch
WHERE: Two locations -

Walnut Creek - The Corners
1139 SOUTH MAIN STREET, WALNUT CREEK 94596
925-932-5022

Palo Alto - Stanford Center
88 STANFORD SHOPPING CENTER
PALO ALTO. 94304
650-321-2563

DATE: Saturday October 10th
EVENT TIME: 10:00AM - NOON On site arrival time before store opening at 9:00am They would prefer for us to arrive in street clothes and change in their back room. (I believe this is because the kids are often lined up outside and they don't want to ruin the surprise for the kids or have them start asking us for photos). Please enter at the front door.
WHAT WE ARE DOING: Photo ops, and autographs for the kids.
COSTUMES DESIRED: Formal movie costumes. One Generic Jedi, one trooper or Pilot type character (X-wing Pilot, Rebel Fleet trooper, Endor Trooper - etc). No face characters, if you have a Generic costume please sign up with that. They will only take face characters in rare cases as a last resort. The individual will have to be approved by Legion Command as well has have a fairly strong likeness to the character they portray.
DONATION TO CHARITY: A singular donation on behalf of the Rebel Legion and 501st will be made on the national level for all events.
RSVP DEADLINE: We need to have volunteer names in to Legion Command by the evening of September 10th. If we don't have volunteers by this time the event will be canceled.
AMENITIES: A private changing area, water, and a secure location to store belongings will be provided.
PHOTOGRAPHER: We've been told: "Please no photographers selling shots to our customers – a photographer/handler to record the event for you guys is just fine." We were never 'selling' photos, but perhaps it was misinterpreted to be this way (all our photos are free to dowload). So I suppose unless someone asks you where the photos will be, please don't offer to hand out business cards (but keep a few handy in case a desperate parent asks).
Trading Cards: If you have Rebel Legion costume trading cards we have been given the OK to give these to kids at the store.

VOLUNTEERS:

Walnut Creek:
Team Leader for both gruops is Matt Tolosa
1) nebelwerfer - X-Wing pilot
2) Runamuk - Generic Jedi
3) (back-up)
Handler: Jeslyn - signed up through 501st
501st
1. Matt Tolosa - Tie Pilot (team leader)
2. Keita Moriwaki - Stormtrooper

Palo Alto
Team Leader for both groups is David Chin from the Golden Gate Garrison.
1) Taeriel - generic Jedi
2) Kay Dee - X-wing Pilot
3) (back-up)
Handler: OPEN POSITION - ACCEPTING A VOLUNTEER
501st
1. David Chin - Stormtrooper (team leader)
2. Dale Tolosa - Biker Scout

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes

Last edited by Kay_Dee (Kathy) on Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:50 pm; edited 11 times in total
Taeriel ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be taking care of tracking volunteers for Kathy while she is out of town over the long weekend, and since I can't edit her post above, I will track the sign-ups in this post. Kathy will update the info into the first post when her schedule allows.

VOLUNTEERS:

Walnut Creek:
2) Runamuk - Generic Jedi (TENTATIVE - provided there is enough time to then drive to the LEGO book event. First commitment is the LEGO event.)
3) (back-up)
Palo Alto
2) Kay Dee - X-wing Pilot (TENTATIVE - provided there is enough time to then drive to the LEGO book event. First commitment is the LEGO event.)
3) (back-up)
Taeriel's costume page

Last edited by Taeriel () on Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Taeriel ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently listed as back-up for the Lego Event (for either San Mateo or Santa Clara). I consider that my primary obligation... but having said that, if we confirm that the volunteers ahead of me on those lists will cover the event, then I will volunteer for this one at the Palo Alto location in my generic Jedi costume.
Taeriel's costume page
nebelwerfer ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be at walnut creek as xwing pilot!
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nebelwerfer wrote:

Are you for sure available in the morning Tom? As I recall with the Lego event you were only going to be able to go after you got off of work at 5:00 pm. Please confirm you are available 9-12:30 in the morning on Saturday Smile

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no Corte Madera location for this year? Shocked

nebelwerfer wrote:

Tom, since PB is promoting their Empire Strikes Back line, you sure you don't want to wear your Bespin/Dagobah Luke instead?

Depending on the time of the Lego event, and whether I'll be accepted for it, I can put myself down for this (either location), as Luke or Anakin, again if I'm accepted.

I can bring my Yoda statue if they wish and SW music CD's for them to play, like I did last year as well.

http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JedHead wrote:
There's no Corte Madera location for this year? Shocked

nebelwerfer wrote:

Tom, since PB is promoting their Empire Strikes Back line, you sure you don't want to wear your Bespin/Dagobah Luke instead?

Depending on the time of the Lego event, and whether I'll be accepted for it, I can put myself down for this (either location), as Luke or Anakin, again if I'm accepted.

I can bring my Yoda statue if they wish and SW music CD's for them to play, like I did last year as well.

Matt - they don't want face characters. Tom is better off in his X-wing costume from what I understand - as that was the #1 choice for Rebel Legion (in addition to Generic Jedi) last time. If I hear differently, I'll post it. But we are operating under the same guidelines as the last event which actually said no face charaters. We got them to bend the rules on Tina last time as Princess Leia because we had so few people available in Sacramento and they already had a Jedi. (She could have either been a second Generic Jedi, or Leia...)

As for your Anakin costume Matt, they first want Generic Jedi (not "Anakin" as he is a face character). Did you wear full Anakin Ep II attire last time, or modify it to be a bit more generic? I think Ep III is more of a stretch because of the glove that is so associated specifically with Anakin - so if no generic Jedi are available then I'd say your Ep II "Anakin" (they don't need to know you are Anakin, just say you are a Jedi) could work for PBK.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could be generic jedi then (SWW version Wink ) or photographer.

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
nebelwerfer ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay_Dee wrote:
nebelwerfer wrote:

Are you for sure available in the morning Tom? As I recall with the Lego event you were only going to be able to go after you got off of work at 5:00 pm. Please confirm you are available 9-12:30 in the morning on Saturday Smile

yah, i have a new job now, mon-fri bankers hours, so I can attend the walnut creek one in xwing pilot costume... unless there is an emergency and I have to work
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The list has been updated.

What's a SWW generic Jedi?
Taeriel's costume page
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taeriel wrote:

What's a SWW generic Jedi?

Sorry. Inside joke!

Star Wars Weekends generic Jedi.

Wink

Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, we need to get this list finalized an in to Legion Command tomorrow.

I've looked at the sign-ups for the Lego event and there are definitely spots that can be given up for that event to swing over to this event.

The one I'm confused on is JedHead. Are you signed up for anything through the GGG for Lego? I didn't see you on the Lego list for Rebel Legion. Basically, I need to know your event preference since we don't know the time of the events. Do you feel OK potentially dropping out of the Lego event to do Pottery Barn? Then we'll put you as confirmed on Pottery Barn as Generic Jedi/Anakin Ep II.

Just to reiterate it, here is the list for Lego:

Lola of North Beach San Francisco
    Runamuk - Scott. Generic Jedi (is willing to defer to back-up if a RFT or Pilot wants the spot.)
    Darkskywalker (Roberto C. Moran) - Can do this location or San Mateo but prefers San Francisco. (Has ROTS Anakin - would need face character approval if no generic characters are available for this location)
    LEGO Store San Mateo, CA
    Trooper Dad - RFT - (Could do this location or Santa Clara if need be)
    Kay Dee - X-wing (tentative - could be San Mateo or San Francisco if need be)
    Taeriel () - Generic Jedi (could be back-up or at Santa Clara)
    Darkskywalker (Roberto C. Moran) - Can do this location but prefers San Francisco. (Has ROTS Anakin - would need face character approval if no generic characters are available for this location)

LEGO Store Santa Clara, CA
    Kay Dee - x-Wing (tentative - could be San Mateo or SF if need be)
    Trooper Dad - RFT - (Could do this location or San Mateo if need be)
    Taeriel () - Jedi (could be back-up or at San Mateo)

So we could have Lego coverage be:

Lola of North Beach San Francisco
Runamuk - Scott. Generic Jedi (is willing to defer to back-up if a RFT or Pilot wants the spot.)

LEGO Store San Mateo, CA

Darkskywalker (Roberto C. Moran) - Can do this location or San Mateo but prefers San Francisco. (Has ROTS Anakin - would need face character approval if no generic characters are available for this location)
Kay-Dee - X-wing back up if Roberto isn't approved. If Roberto is approved I'll do a PBK location.

LEGO Store Santa Clara, CA
Trooper Dad - RFT - (Could do this location or San Mateo if need be)

This leaves open for PBK (assuming Matt is OK giving up his 501st volunteer work for Lego through the 501st)

VOLUNTEERS:

Walnut Creek:
2) Jedhead - generic Jedi (tentative, pending participation in Lego event; alternatively, may be photographer)
3) (BACK-UP)

Palo Alto
2) Kay Dee - Tentative pending Roberto being approved for the LEGO event as a Jedi (iffy because he is Ep III Anakin)
3) (BACK-UP)

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathy,

On GGG's list, I got confirmed as doing the Lego event in SF as TIE Pilot, even though I signed up as either TI or SL (Anakin). It looks like Roberto got approved for his SL for San Mateo. The time was listed as 2-4 pm. I can still do both events (PB in costume or not). If that's the case, I can do the Pottery Barn in Palo Alto, then Lego in SF, since the commute would be easier for me.

Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JedHead wrote:
Kathy,

On GGG's list, I got confirmed as doing the Lego event in SF as TIE Pilot, even though I signed up as either TI or SL (Anakin). It looks like Roberto got approved for his SL for San Mateo. The time was listed as 2-4 pm. I can still do both events (PB in costume or not). If that's the case, I can do the Pottery Barn in Palo Alto, then Lego in SF, since the commute would be easier for me.

Ah, last I heard there was not a time listed for PBK (that was before I left for D*Con. I asked Hofmann and there was no word). So Roberto signed up with both the RL and GGG for LEGO. D'oh! People need to let us know in the future if they are double dipping on the sign ups - hehe! I'll put that in my pocket I guess to preface on all future RL event sign ups as you can't really be signing up for a two spots Wink

Oh gosh, let me look at these lists again. The rest of us need reasonable commutes too.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
RunAmuk (Scott Muchow)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I am finally getting caught up on all of this....whew, what moving and a week without internet can do to ya.

You can count me in for the Walnut Creek Event. Matt, if you really want to drive out here that's cool, but I am totally up for it as Generic Jedi. I am sure Jessica can show up to take pictures too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: