About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=eac63783a6d9b31fa3ccf3642cbe3a01Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Introduce yourself!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Bespin Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Funky Buns (Daphne Collier)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Introduce yourself! Reply with quote

I thought I'd start a thread here since we are starting to see a few new people here in Bespin Base. Tell us a little about yourself.

I guess since I started the thread, I'll go first. My name is Daphne Collier/Funky Buns (and Executive Officer of Bespin Base). I live in Fayetteville. I've been a member of the RL since 2006. I costume as Senatoral Leia, and a Rebel Fleet Trooper. I also have other costumes that I haven't had "approved" yet, but troop in occasionally, and that is Barriss Offee (don't yell at me Karen, I'll get it approved...LOL Wink ) and Padme (and yes, I have an Imperial Officers costume too). I also have a few costumes that are still in the "works", and that's Aayla Secura, Boushh/Leia, and Bespin Leia. As you can see, Leia is my favorite SW character. Mr. Green

Ok, next......

Last edited by Funky Buns (Daphne Collier) on Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Commander Cody (Jason R.)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello! I'll go second Smile

My name is Jason and currently living in Cleveland, Ohio, but will be relocating to Athens, GA, once I find employment Smile At the moment, I'm currently working on a RotJ Luke and have a couple of Imperial costumes as well. I collect Gentle Giant busts, Sideshow figures and statues, along with Master Replica props.

Feel free to say hello.

Jason

RAID Commanding Officer | Legion Costume Judge- Rebel Troopers & Officers | Ohio Garrison XO, 501st Legion
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatooineboy wrote:
At the moment, I'm currently working on a RotJ Luke and have a couple of Imperial costumes as well.
YES! You don't know how long I've been trying to get an RotJ Luke in here. Or any Luke for that matter!
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funky Buns wrote:
Tatooineboy wrote:
At the moment, I'm currently working on a RotJ Luke and have a couple of Imperial costumes as well.
YES! You don't know how long I've been trying to get an RotJ Luke in here. Or any Luke for that matter!

Fantastic! I'm not a Mark look-a-like, but we'll get the idea Smile The wig I bought looks pretty close to the early 80s style, dark blond. It will look decent.

RAID Commanding Officer | Legion Costume Judge- Rebel Troopers & Officers | Ohio Garrison XO, 501st Legion
Phrog (Beth Spires)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I'll go next. Very Happy

I'm Beth, CO of Bespin Base and a member of RL since 2002. (Wow, has it really been that long??) Anyway, I live down in Moultrie (South Ga) but try to make it up to Macon or Atlanta for events. I also troop with the Fla Garrison and Ra Kura base in both Tallahassee and Jacksonville. I have an X-wing pilot costume and a RFT costume. I have an Imperial officers costume, but rarely ever wear it as I like being a "good guy" too much. I'm working on an Endor trooper costume but that's on the back-burner at the moment as I'm working on buying a house right now.

Beth
JennAndTonic (Jenn Brown)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings!

Apparantly I joined the RL forums some time ago, but had never posted anything. Here she go:

I recolated to Athens, GA from Seattle, WA a little over a year ago. Back home, I co-owned a costume shop and did the convention circuit. Didn't do RL up there, as my serious interest coincided perfectly with my relocation (curses!)

As far as costuming goes, I'm a far better shopper than a seamstress, but I can manage a sewing machine with extreme caution. I have had some wonderful sewing crash courses in my time, and occaisionally I can do something I'm proud of.

I own one of those dubious, Singapore-made Imperial officer uniforms. My own constructions are in various stages of completion: Old Republic Jedi, Rebel Fleet Trooper and Episode I Handmaiden Battle Outfit
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Very Happy

JennAndTonic wrote:
My own constructions are in various stages of completion: Old Republic Jedi, Rebel Fleet Trooper and Episode I Handmaiden Battle Outfit
Cool! I have a Rebel Fleet Trooper and a handmaiden battle costume too! And like you I have several costumes that are in various stages of completion. I've got pieces and parts of Leia costumes ranging from slave Leia to Bespin/Cloud City Leia just waiting to be finished (or started in some cases....LOL)
Jarren Landcaster (Christopher Shore)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My name is Chris Shore and am the current Cloud City Temple Master. It is rumored that I have a lightsaber fetish, I own 12 or more different kind (and having a BFF as a sabersmith doesnt help much).
I have 6 different styles of jedi outfits, a tusken sniper, Nihilus, and working on RC armor. I study the differ styles of lightsaber forms (which is posted under Cloud City Forums), and won the 1st ever Saber Idol contest in 2008. My oldest son Cody followed me and won Saber idol Jr in 2009. We do demostrations at events and teach kids in certain basic forms inwhich them and their parents really like.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Samurai ()

Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My name is Dan and I am a droid builder in Marietta. My droid is mainly an all metal R2-D2, but I am working on other heads such an R5 and an R4. Although not an "official" member, if an event ever needs a droid let me know. There are a few of us in the Atlanta area.
Jarren Landcaster (Christopher Shore)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SCI FI Con would love you guys. You ought to come. The 501st is inducting Sam Witwer as honorary member (I think RL needs to as well since "HE" help found the RL in the game) and all costumers /supporters will have a private meet and greet. Wink R2 D2

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Obaa-san Brenda (Brenda Sellers)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:31 am    Post subject: who we are Reply with quote

OK, My turn now. I'm Brenda Sellers (Obaa-san Brenda) and I'm the Cloud City Assistant Temple Master. I have 2 different Jedi outfits. I live in Albany in the southwest corner of the state - not far from Beth. Like Beth, I troop both in GA and with the Tally guys & gals. My husband Randy travels along and acts as our photographer and handler. I invite everyone to troop down south this year.
The best part of trooping is always seeing my fellow RL friends and catching up on what's happening.
Brenda
Kryy Jacobi (Karyn W)
Bespin Base XO
Bespin Base XO

Medals: 2 (View more...)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess I should join in...

I'm Karyn the Jedi-can't-seem-to-do-a-different-costume... this whole thing started when, after seeing ROTS in 2005, I decided I wanted a Jedi robe for Halloween and went on the Internet looking for ideas or instructions.

Then things sort of "grew" (more like "got completely out of hand" Laughing) as projects usually do, and long story short, I became a member of the Jedi Assembly in 2007 and Rebel Legion in 2008.

I even took up fencing to learn how to handle a "weapon" and now I'm addicted to that, too. (I discovered a competitive side I didn't know I had...)

This is all very interesting for a proper middle-aged Southern Belle sorority girl who has to put on her lipstick after her meal ... LOL (And yes, I carry lipstick in my utility belt pouch.)

Now after my elderly Southern Belle mother has gotten over the shock of both the costuming and the fencing, she is telling her friends about the charity work that we do and showing pictures from our troops. And my dad is fascinated with the 501st and their armor. It's really cool that they've come around.

Oh, personally, I'm still dull... lived in the same house 24 years, been married 26 years, and worked at the same job as a bookkeeper/financial secretary for a non-profit ministry for 13 years.

I'm dull, but I'm having more fun than I've had in years. (I'm sort of a "recovering" workaholic.) I love trooping, and I'm currently working on Clone Wars gear. And I'm grateful for the friends I've made here. Smile
Rissa ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, guess I'll jump in next.

Hi! My name is Andrea (Rissa Taun-Setti) and Im a Costum-aholic. Cant seem to help myself. If Im not making something new, Im usually going back and trying to repair an old favorite.

Im Usually tromping around as Luminara...but I also have a Generic Jedi..and have been known to wear a Twi'lek headpiece from time to time. (After I finally recover from Dragon*Con, will start a new project) Razz

And because Im insane, I also belong to the Jedi Assembly, the 501st, Starfleet, Klingon Assault Group, Pirates...and a dabbling in a few other things. (Hmmm..would love to twirl sabers sometimes...I need the practice...my son kicks my rear!!) And yes, I have costumes for those other groups as well... Evil or Very Mad

Im in the Kennesaw area, and busy as usual, but I enjoy the chance to get out and troop when I am able.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cdrake ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone, i'm Carey and live in Athens, GA and attend UGA. I"m currently working on my first star wars costume! I am putting together an ANH Han Solo costume!
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see you've joined the boards, Carey. Can't wait to have a Han Solo in Bespin Base; we'll make an awesome team han solo Dance Chewie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Bespin Base All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: