Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=fb1302d289e0ab9907c7a60d36706246Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

My Lightssabers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magnius ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:34 am    Post subject: My Lightssabers Reply with quote

These are the current three lightsabers that I generally fight with ..

This one is a TCSS saber that I put together.. I painted it with a rustolium green hammered finish paint. It runs a green Lux V LED .

This one is from TCSS that i put together. It is black and copper using rustolium paint. I found that hte black body was a little too black , so i glazed it slightly with a dusting of the copper. It is running a Lux 3 amber blade.

This is my ALW . Advanced Light Weaponry , saber. In the design i had the activation switch recessed , this way during fights, it does nto acidently turn off... The hilt is black with gold work, inspired by laqured hilts of a katanna

these are my wife's sabers ...

This one is a TCSS shop saber , that is painted purple with black highlights. It is runnign a Luxx 3 LED . White , with a purple filter.

This is a TCSS saber , that has a lux 3 sun rider destiny blade.

This is her ALW saber. We went for simular design , sort of a matching set but her hilt is done in purples and blacks , with a blueish purple blade.

Ronin Faust (Dean Gill)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I often wondered as I ogled ALW's sabers.... are they heavy? Ive heard they are made from steele instead of aluminum
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You fight with heavy, expensive works of art like the ALW sabers? Shocked
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the helts themselves are made of steel , they are a good solid piece. But the weapons are well balanced.

I guess I dont mind the weight since i have been fighting with long swords and rapiers for some time now, and those are far heavier then the hilt ofhte lightsaber. It also helps that the main body holds all the weight...

Depending on what i am doing with the saber I will select a differnet saber to fit the fight.

My standard saber is the green one. It is far brighter and is far easier to see off stage.

the orange is great for fights where i am needed to fight another green saber, or I am playing some one not so nice, or in one of my fights, i switch sabers with my partner. It is easier to see since we both had green sabers...

The ALW , I have used , jsut depends on possible damage...
Jay-gon Jinn (Jason Hetherington)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice sabers!

Jason Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ronin Faust (Dean Gill)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the written design featured in 6th picture of the black & purple ALW look like Tolkien elvish, and maybe of the black tongue. do you know if it is, or if it is, what it says? if you dont couold you get a closer pic of it for translation? just curious. Im really into Tolkien, and his languages
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks...

they have been great sabers to work with .

Yes you have good eyes, They are in elvish script. It is my wife's name ... Sharon ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: