About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=42049cd49ffe35afbcadd9c782dec2a4Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

EVENT REQ: Star Wars In Concert - San Jose, 10/11
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (9)

(4)

(1)

User Registered Confirmed
JedHeadSat Aug 01, 2009 7:04 am
TrooperdadSat Aug 01, 2009 3:51 pm
TaerielSat Aug 01, 2009 7:18 pm
Anasian SkywalkerSun Aug 02, 2009 3:33 am
Kay_DeeMon Aug 03, 2009 7:13 am
Crazy Old WizardMon Aug 10, 2009 9:50 pm
PhavorianneMon Aug 10, 2009 10:15 pm
RunAmukThu Sep 10, 2009 3:32 pm
Jaina SoloSun Sep 20, 2009 6:41 pm
LizardJediSun Aug 02, 2009 5:13 am
Mother TuskenMon Aug 10, 2009 9:46 pm
Master MinaFri Sep 11, 2009 2:24 pm
owkrulesSat Oct 03, 2009 7:13 am
DerekM1767Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:37 pm
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Karen,

Since this is a high profile event for the Rebel Legion we need to stick to our charter and keep the costume submissions to formal level. I intend to edit the event request to clarify all of this and apoligize that the sign up was posted a little prematurely before these details for volunteer sign-ups were worked out.

If you make the upgrades to your Leia ANH costume and get it approved as formal you might have a shot Smile But as of right now the ANH Leia spot would need to be open to those who already have a formal level costume approved. I think you have the Padme and a Jedi costume that are formal level that you can submit right now, right?

- Kathy

Kitfox wrote:
Matt,

I would also consider wearing my Amidala Red Senate outfit if they want. Though that one takes longer to get into and out of due to the makeup and hair.

Here is the photo link for that one:

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll105/KittFox_1126/Padme/amidalars2.jpg

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll105/KittFox_1126/Padme/Amidala.jpg

My preference though is my ANH Leia.

Thanks

Karen Katich

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes
Master Mina (Robin Parker)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay_Dee wrote:
Let me double check to make sure it's cool for RL members to show up in costume if they are not a volunteer. I wouldn't want it to get confusing for the people running the concert event to have non-volunteers running around in high quality costumes.

I could have sworn that I read some where on the SW Concert site or on Star Wars.com blogs/announcements that all concert goers attending this event are encouraged to come in costume, regardless if they are part of an organized costume club or not...I think I might be able to find that blurb for you, if you want.

As I stated above, I'm unsure if I'll show up in costume for this event as I'd like to enjoy the event. Plus I don't think Joan will be going in costume, but I'll need to check with her.
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can find the blurb that would be great! I was just going to ask our contact to make sure it was cool is all... I'm not trying to be difficult, but respectful to the desires of the concert promoters. We have done events in the past like Force Unleashed where everyone was encouraged and welcome to come out in costume regardless of being an official volunteer or not (a more the merrier kind of thing). However, there have been some other events in Endor Base/501st history where having extra people show up was discouraged. If you have not noticed by now, I like to double check on things is all - lol!

Robin, let me know when you make up your mind if you'd like to be an official volunteer or not. I need to start compiling a list according to the date people have signed up, and I don't know how to assign priority to people who are on the fence Sad

If it helps, this is what I think I'm going to try to do. I'm sitting with you, Joan and Richard. I was thinking of going to that 2pm show in street clothes. Then volunteering for the night time show as either a RL or 501st member. I figured that not seeing the show while I'm in costume isn't such a bad thing, it will give me time to wander and enjoy the exhibit and take notes on costumes without patrons in the way. Kind of a private showing of the costumes - lol!

Master Mina wrote:
Kay_Dee wrote:
Let me double check to make sure it's cool for RL members to show up in costume if they are not a volunteer. I wouldn't want it to get confusing for the people running the concert event to have non-volunteers running around in high quality costumes.

I could have sworn that I read some where on the SW Concert site or on Star Wars.com blogs/announcements that all concert goers attending this event are encouraged to come in costume, regardless if they are part of an organized costume club or not...I think I might be able to find that blurb for you, if you want.

As I stated above, I'm unsure if I'll show up in costume for this event as I'd like to enjoy the event. Plus I don't think Joan will be going in costume, but I'll need to check with her.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI - I've decided for my own sanity to temporarily lock this thread until I can get a few facts straight. The LCO is working with us to look into a few remaining questions we have. Then I'll post to the Yahoo group when I have opened this back up to resume sign-ups.

Robin, if you find the link to the news encouraging the public to come out in costume just PM it to me. I checked SW.com and couldn't find it in their announcement about the show. I do understand that on one hand, legally people can dress as they like when attending a public event. But I don't want to do anything counterproductive to our working relationship with LFL or agreement with the tour director and throw in extra people in costume hanging out in the exhibit beyond what she was prepared for. It's one thing if some parents come with their kids in costume and they stop and take a quick pic with the volunteers. I just want to make sure everything is cool and extra people showing up in costumes and potentially hanging out with us before the show (since we are all friends, it's natural) isn't going to cause any confusion for the people running the event.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Mother Tusken ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am submitting photos for Barry and would have signed on under his account but I would still be doing the submitting. Laughing

http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv207/crazyoldwizard/Lego09020.jpg
http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv207/crazyoldwizard/Lego09018.jpg

Almost forgot to list time. We will be attending the 7:00pm performance.
Bette
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mother Tusken wrote:
I am submitting photos for Barry and would have signed on under his account but I would still be doing the submitting. Laughing

http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv207/crazyoldwizard/Lego09020.jpg
http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv207/crazyoldwizard/Lego09018.jpg

Almost forgot to list time. We will be attending the 7:00pm performance.
Bette

Hi Bette,

As of right now there is one more spot left for a Rebel Legion member. Who do you prefer to have access to the changing area if I can not have both you and Barry as an official volunteer. You, or Barry? I'll have to put the other of the two of you as a back-up and for right now, and would only imagine the back-up will become an actual volunteer if someone drops out or is not approved by LFL.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Phavorianne ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since it looks like not many people have volunteered for the 2PM showing, I'll offer my Ep. II Arena Padme (which, btw, still doesn't have the right border, but is listed as formal) if it's approved as a face character. But you can put me lowest priority if other people decide they want to volunteer and space fills up. Mr. Green

http://www.acparadise.com/cosplayers/72/72-19118-8.jpg
http://www.acparadise.com/cosplayers/72/72-19118-2.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Taeriel ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathy - my first preference is to volunteer for the 7pm showing. That way I have a better chance to see the exhibit as well as time to hang out with the SFFF group before and after our show. If there is an issue that would prevent it (costume conflict for example), though, then I can do the 2pm showing instead.
Taeriel's costume page
Kitfox (Karen Katich)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay_Dee wrote:
Hi Karen,

Since this is a high profile event for the Rebel Legion we need to stick to our charter and keep the costume submissions to formal level. I intend to edit the event request to clarify all of this and apoligize that the sign up was posted a little prematurely before these details for volunteer sign-ups were worked out.

If you make the upgrades to your Leia ANH costume and get it approved as formal you might have a shot Smile But as of right now the ANH Leia spot would need to be open to those who already have a formal level costume approved. I think you have the Padme and a Jedi costume that are formal level that you can submit right now, right?

- Kathy

Kathy,

I will try to get the upgrades done in time on my Leia ANH. But does that mean it has to be done prior to someone else signing up for that costume, or prior to the Sept cutoff date? Yes, I have the Padme & Jedi as a formal costume now. Only problem with the Padme Red Senate is the time factor for in & out of costume. To watch the program at 7pm it would not give me much time to spend in the costume for guests and then get out of it to watch the show, then back into it afterward for guests. And I can't sit with that headpiece on as it may block someone's view.

I can not attend the 2pm show as I am working that day until 3pm. So I would prefer the Leia. So I will try to see about getting that one fixed within the next couple of weeks before the Sept cutoff date. But if someone else signs up for that before then.....oh well!!

Karen
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Karen,

Is your Jedi an option you would prefer over your Padme costume? Or do you not want your Jedi considered at all?

I'm hoping Alison's Jedi will be accepted as formal, but if it isn't, I think it's only fair to say that if her Jedi isn't accepted as formal that she should be able to go as Leia since her costume has already been approved formally.

But I know Alison will be submitting her Jedi soon... so if you each have a Jedi and Leia costume to offer I think one of you will have to be Leia, the other a Jedi. (that's assuming Karen that I understand you correctly and you'd rather wear Jedi than Padme due to how difficult Padme is to put on?

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
DerekM1767 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kathy

If there are any openings, I have my Red Guard I can bring and wear. The same time slot as Bette and Barry. If no room, no problemo. I just found out about it today from Bette. Smile

Rebel Legion, Endor Base (Rebel Legion Branding & Marketing Team)
501st Legion, Southern California Garrison
The Twin Suns: www.thetwinsuns.com (Supreme Chancellor)

"When 900 years old you reach, look is good you will not, hummm!" -Master Yoda
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DerekM1767 wrote:
Hi Kathy

If there are any openings, I have my Red Guard I can bring and wear. The same time slot as Bette and Barry. If no room, no problemo. I just found out about it today from Bette. Smile

Hi Derek,

Well, technically the 5 spots are for Rebel costumes since 15 are going to Imperial through the 501st/GGG. I am pretty sure the GGG spots are filled too. I don't know if you'd want to sign up as a back-up Jedi? Or try to register for the golden gate garrison boards and put yourself down as a back-up royal guard in case one of their 15 drops out?

You can always come in costume - you just wouldn't have the back stage access or early access (or parking or any other tentative compensation we may or may not get). You'd enter with your ticket for the show.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Anasian Skywalker (Dale Tolosa)
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are my costumes for submission. The following are various forms of my Luke costume, including: Farmboy Luke, Deleted Scenes Luke (w/poncho and bucket-hat, etc), Death Star Luke (w/TK Belt & grappling hook, E-11 Blaster), X-Wing Pilot Luke, and finally...Luke w/ blast-shield helmet - just in case they DON'T think my face looks like a "face character". Laughing :

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b20/Anasian_Skywalker/My%20Costumes/_MG_8993.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b20/Anasian_Skywalker/My%20Costumes/_MG_9008.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b20/Anasian_Skywalker/My%20Costumes/Print_Dale.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b20/Anasian_Skywalker/My%20Costumes/DSCN5978.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b20/Anasian_Skywalker/My%20Costumes/DSCN5652-1.jpg

Regardless, I'm going to wear these costumes as a concert-goer for the 2pm show and if approved again for the 7pm show as well.

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." - Bruce Lee
https://www.facebook.com/TedTheEwoksGeekyAdventures
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dale, I need to know if you actually want to be a costume volunteer for the 2:00pm show. Your X-wing pilot costume would qualify. I'm afraid the Luke costumes would not, per the request of the promoters for face character resemblance.

You are already signed up as TB at the GGG for the 7:00pm show within the 15 person limit. We have already filled up all 5 RL spots for the 7:00pm show. I can put you 3rd in line as a back-up, but how fair is that if you already have a spot with the GGG?

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Anasian Skywalker (Dale Tolosa)
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kat, I know I have a better shot of being cast as an X-wing pilot, but I do want to submit my other Luke costumes to test the waters of what "other" people consider to be the "true physical representation" of the character ( read into that however you want). Not too long ago, I was accepted as Luke for ROTS charity premiere.

Look, I'll take my name off the list for the 7pm show here or in GGG, if that means another member gets to showcase their costume in such a high profile event.

I just want the opportunity to dress up again - just to make up for all of the costume uncomfortability I experienced at Comic-con. I barely wore them as a result, and was mostly in my civies.

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." - Bruce Lee
https://www.facebook.com/TedTheEwoksGeekyAdventures
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: