Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=e76078b00ed0e30279fc8686e2df089dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Event Req: Marin County Fair July 1-5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (8)

User Registered Confirmed
KitfoxSun Apr 12, 2009 5:23 amSun Apr 12, 2009 5:26 am
nebelwerferWed Jun 03, 2009 9:28 pmWed Jun 10, 2009 7:42 pm
Master MinaTue Jun 16, 2009 5:55 pm
JedHeadTue Jun 16, 2009 7:40 pm
Jaina SoloThu Jun 18, 2009 7:05 pm
Anasian SkywalkerFri Jun 19, 2009 6:28 pm
Kay_DeeWed Jun 24, 2009 6:57 am
Leia1138Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:31 pm
Tionne Hawk (Bridget Maguire)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should be there around noon and will likely start out in my TIE.
I don't know if I've met you yet, Newjedigirl, so make sure to say hi! Smile

Bridget
newjedigirl (Rachel Miller)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know me Bridget, you just don't know this screen name. wink2

It will be great to see you tomorrow.
Kitfox (Karen Katich)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still trying to get the photos posted for you all from the Fair. I also need to do the mission report. I am currently at school in Oklahoma but will try to get it done today or tomorrow.

Question....
Anyone take any photos on July 1st?? I don't think anyone from 501st was able to. So Kathy & Scott, did either of you get to take any? If so let me know or Kathy can you post those to the GGG site?

Thanks

Karen Katich
RunAmuk (Scott Muchow)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, I forgot to bring a camera that day. However, I am pretty sure that Kathy had hers.
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kitfox wrote:
I am still trying to get the photos posted for you all from the Fair. I also need to do the mission report. I am currently at school in Oklahoma but will try to get it done today or tomorrow.

Question....
Anyone take any photos on July 1st?? I don't think anyone from 501st was able to. So Kathy & Scott, did either of you get to take any? If so let me know or Kathy can you post those to the GGG site?

Thanks

Karen Katich

I saw Mike taking photos that day. We should ask him. We didn't get many pictures on my camera at all. I have not had time to upload them yet as I was really busy after I got back from our camping trip. I'll make another post both here and at the 501st one I get them online.

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are my pics from the 4th:

http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e385/JedHead1/Marin%20County%20Fair%207-3%20to%204-09/?start=all

Karen, can I add the ones you took from the 3rd?

http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kitfox (Karen Katich)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can add mine (if I am the Karen you are talking about). If you mean Karen Louie (501st), you would need to ask her. Karen L & I have been going by K1 & K2 so we know who we are talking about! I am K1 and Karen Louie is K2.

I should have the rest of my photos all together by later today so I can upload them to my photo bucket and give a link to it.

Karen Katich
K1
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just a few photos from July 1st (I was in costume most of the day and unable to act as an event photographer)

JULY 1ST PHOTOS: http://imageevent.com/kay_dee/rebellegion/marincountyfair

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before I forget, I want to thank everyone who helped out with the Marin County Fair. You all helped add a lot of fun and entertainment for the families who attended the fair and I appreciate you all taking time out of your schedules and busy lives to volunteer for a few hours. Thanks to Karin for being there every day and providing valuable support as the team leader for the event! (Karin will be writing a mission report, but she is out of town right now).

The day that I was there the kids waiting outside in line were very excited to see a Rebel Pilot and there was a lot of fun interaction with the kids warning us about the threat of stormtroopers around the corner. Wink

The feedback I got from Mike Morris who organized the 501st/RL was that "this year's MCF was the best event yet"! He was also pleased to see the way we all played along with the kids and liked the new dynamic of having both Imperials and Rebels there. He noticed, "Lots of kids had a good time being 'messengers'."

Of course, with any event as big as a five day appearance at the fair there is always bound to be minor miscommunication here or there. Mike apologized for the mix-up about lightsaber LED blades. He appreciated that we all understood the no LED blade rule that was agreed upon with the fair for both the sake of safety of some of the delicate models on display, and realism for our characters. He apologized for not making the weapons policy clear to some of the 501st members who have lightsabers and there was never any intention for, shall we say, a double standard. Mike said, "I apologize for not being more specific to the GGG members regarding that as well... it was an oversight on my part." I'm sorry if this put any of our Jedi in an awkward situation, but as with any production we just roll with it in our professional Rebel manner and the show goes on!

Thanks again everyone. I hope you all had a great 4th of July weekend. (And sorry for the late thank-you... the week after the 4th was very busy for me.)

- Kathy

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Mission Report?

http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JedHead wrote:
No Mission Report?

As i stated above, Karen is out of town. I'm sure she'll get to it when she has time. It's not a big deal, we are not the 501st and have no super rigid requirement for it.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Kitfox (Karen Katich)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mission Report has just been posted and can be viewed here:

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=242069#242069

Karen K
Master Mina (Robin Parker)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kitfox wrote:
Mission Report has just been posted and can be viewed here:

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=242069#242069

Karen K

Thanks for being Team Lead on this Karen...I had a blast and can't wait to work this event next year.
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MISSION REPORT:

Kitfox wrote:
Well sorry for the delay in getting this out!! Finally managed to be able to get my own computer logged onto the net while here in Oklahoma! So I was able to get my photos I took over the course of 5 days onto my photobucket. You can hopefully view them here:

http://s286.photobucket.com/albums/ll105/KittFox_1126/Marin%20County%20Fair%202009/

Please let me know if you are unable to view them and I will try to fix that!

For the five day event, first off I want to thank the 501st GGG for inviting us to help out at the Creatures & Models area this year! Mike Morris (501st) was the man of the hour and weekend! He not only helped set up everything and give us the location for an X-Wing display, but he was also in charge of setting up and setting off the fireworks display each night at the fair! It was an awesome display of light and sound to see each night! Awesome job!

As for the weekend....Well I was unfortunately delayed in arriving the very first day due to costume malfunction before leaving home! So I arrived about an hour after opening. I found Kathy & Scott already in full attire (X-Wing Pilot & Jedi) and was briefed on the grand opening and the cheers and many photo ops they received by the crowds waiting to get in. And they also informed me of the many questions that the kids threw at them of "Where is Luke?, Where is Princess Leia? Where is Vader?? "" Being that the Princess was asked for quite a bit, I decided that I should hurry and get into costume! Yes, I got to be Princess for a day!

One of the arrangements we had decided on in conjunction with the 501st was the two base camps. The Imperial camp had the 501st Tank on display, while the Rebel camp had the X-Wing cockpit and nose section on display. Mike had managed to set up music and sound effects for both of them. We also had the chance to play against each other and got quite a bit of help from patrons and kids alike! Stormtroopers were on the watch for our Rebel Jedi and especially for the Princess (who was supposed to have the stolen plans that Vader was looking for). So the kids were most helpful in alerting us Rebels to the fact that the Stormtroopers were coming!! We better duck and hide! And, Watch out! Vader is over there!! And yes, we even had some kids that choose the dark side as they ran to tell the Stormtroopers that the Princess was over there and she is not guarded!! It was great to play with the kids on that part as well as play against the Imperial troops (Ducking out of the way or pretend to shoot at them with a blaster if they got too close!). Scott (who was consistently being called Obiwan) and I (as Leia) were even brought up to speed on the whole Star Wars Saga by an eight year old. Who not only told us that Leia marries Han Solo, and Obiwan, that's you (pointing to Scott), lets himself get killed so that Luke will know the proper way to the force; but he also hummed the whole theme song to us! I must say that most of the kids were more well established on the characters and story than the adults!

I do have to say that our Rebel Base did take some beating on a couple of days there though. First day it was infiltrated by the modeling crew. I think the Imperials were getting them to build more ships for their fleet! The kids were given a free model to put together of the Space Shuttle. We got to help oversee the building process and the kids in turn were helping in hiding us when the Stormtroopers wandered by. So we managed to get them to give in to the good side and build the ships for the Rebellion!

Second day had Tina helping out as Princess Leia, who was asked multiple times of "Where is Vader & Where is Luke"! We had our base camp back to normal there on day 2 with all the modeling tables removed. We now had a more open view of the X-Wing which is what prompted the "Where is Luke" most of the time! We were limited on Rebels that day, so I am grateful that Tina was able to stay for most of the day! Thanks Tina!

By the third day our X-Wing was still somewhat plain looking sitting there for display, so I brought some vines in to help give it some coverage. Once completed it looked more like Luke's X-Wing when it crashed on Dagobah! Which interestingly enough more people recognized it as such than when it didn't have anything on it! Before, most people would ask "Oh, what is this?", to afterward "Oh look, it Luke's ship on Dagobah!" Amazing what a little ambiance will do! Day 3 also brought out more Rebels! X-Wing Pilot, Jedi's, and Rebel Fleet Troopers! I tended to hang with the Imperials that day, so I can't say too much of what went on in the Rebel Base! But Matt in his Jedi attire was called Anakin for most of the day! Don & Zach both wore the Rebel Fleet Trooper but I believe they also managed some time on the Dark Side as Imperials. They were actually our Rebel Spies using Imperial Disguises! But Dale in his X-Wing and our own Jedi Master Mina (Robin) helped fill in the ranks and guard our Rebel Base!

July 4th I was again delayed in arriving to the fair. But this was due to a previous engagement of a 4th of July Parade in another galaxy with my Klingon ship. But I managed to head back to Marin Warp Speed a little faster than the Millenium Falcon in the Kessel Run! However, when I arrived a majority of the Fleet were already heading for the landing dock 94 to dress down. But I did pass a beautiful Queen Amidala (Natalia) under guard by a Stormtrooper (Bill Parsons)! Matt again as Jedi (otherwise known as Anakin to all kids again that day!) and Dale in his X-Wing (looking more like Luke!). We also once again had Don & Zach in the Rebel Fleet Trooper as well as their little Robot Mouse Droid running around! My thanks also to Shea who attended in Jedi fashion! And my apologies for not knowing peoples names in person!! I am really bad with names! And for any rebels that can update us with what took place prior to my ship coming in that day, please feel free to add on to this report!

By the 5th day, I know much like C3PO an his oil bath, I was looking forward to a nice hot tub! Our Rebel Base was once again infiltrated by those Pesky Imperials! Much of our base area was built up for the Special Presentation from Model Maker Lorne Peterson, one of the founders of ILM's model making shop and also one of a few people who worked on all six of the Star Wars movies! It was a great presentation and the opportunity to meet & greet with Mr Peterson, who was also signing his book Sculpting a Galaxy. We also had some other notables to visit, Mary Franklin and Ben Burtt from Lucas Film. We had a great turnout on that day with Thomas as an X-Wing Pilot, Rachel & Scott in Jedi, Bridget as a Rebel Fleet Trooper, and Jessica in her Juno Eclipse. Who managed (much like her character) to wander back and forth between Imperial & Rebel bases acting as a spy for both sides. You never can trust those double agents!! The day ended with a group shot of both Imperial & Rebels together and then a bunch of young padawans added in! That was under the request of the Fair's photographer! So I guess we can look for it in the Fair's program book for next year!

All in all we had a great time! No major incidents encountered. Our Rebel members handled themselves in the most appropriate manner and also managed to handle the massive amounts of questions thrown at them by all the kids (and adults alike). Most notibly were the questions of "Is that a real Lightsaber?" "Can you turn it on??" "Did you make that yourself?"... leading to the questions of "Did you crash that X-Wing?" "Did Luke crash that X-Wing?" "Have you seen Yoda?" "Where is R2D2?" Is C3PO here too??".....and the never ending questions of:

Where is Luke?? Where is Princess Leia??

Where is Vader??? Umm....we are hoping that he is still over there on the Imperial side!!

My thanks to all the Rebels (and double duty agents) that managed to help make all the kids smile and help bring out the kid in all the adults that passed by!!

Scott, Jessica, Kathy, Matt, Dale, Bridget, Shea, Tina, Thomas, Rachel, Natalia, Robin, Don, & Zach. Please forgive me if I missed someone!

My thanks also once again to Mike Morris who without him our event would not have been possible!!

I hope we will have the chance to do this again next year!

May The Force Be With You!!

Karen Katich
Maris Brood
Princess Leia

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: