About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=b43928389fee17991d8f536b2cfdaaddMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Dragon*Con 2009-- Who's going?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Bespin Base -> Bespin Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jarren Landcaster (Christopher Shore)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funky Buns wrote:
Phrog wrote:
Just post a sign on the door that says "Cloud City Temple". We'll find it! Mr. Green

Beth
Or just look for the room everyone is waiting outside of because the door lock is broke! Laughing

Then I will play a "Hal" and get a a "pimp suite" Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Florida_Phil ()

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarren Landcaster wrote:

Wait, Hal has a pimp suite?
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In 2007 our room (that we shared) door lock kepted messin up.Demon and I were over at the Hilton at the time Hal, Anita, and Nikki went back to the room. Hal got pissed, cussed out the manager, and when Nikki called me back, we were packing to go to a Suite on top floor of the Marriot, with wet bar and $100 on room service.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Kryy Jacobi (Karyn W)
Bespin Base XO
Bespin Base XO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh nooo! Laughing

When Pam and I went to OmegaCon in Birmingham last year, we couldn't get in the Sheraton, so we stayed in a neat old hotel near UAB that was recommended on the OmegaCon website and was in the process of being restored.

Problem was... everything was breaking, or something was wrong... the lady at the desk started recognizing our voices over the phone.

Pam was going down to the ice machine and the doorknob came off in her hand. We just started laughing, b/c it was par for the course.

Of course we were locked in until they finally could get upstairs to "free" us. We got really chummy with the maintenance guy over the weekend. Laughing

Off topic, I know, but your post reminded me of this.

(P.S. It really was a neat old hotel... I'd love to stay there again if all of the restoration is finished.)
Funky Buns (Daphne Collier)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Florida_Phil wrote:
Jarren Landcaster wrote:

Wait, Hal has a pimp suite?
Yeah! It was a sweet suite! Mr. Green
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for "yallz" 411, it's "rumored" ( especially between Nikki and Daph) that a bearded Leia may be seen at DC this yr........"rumored" Wink ROTF

Phrog (Beth Spires)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Thanks for the warning.

And I suspect that alcohol is going to play a large role in this.

Beth
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL may or may not, but can't be no worse than some of the other "costumes" running around . Have to ask Nikki and Daph what all is being done...Im just their ginniepig Rolling Eyes

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question: Can you buy one day D*C passes online, or do you have to buy them the day you want to go? I am more than likely only going to go for one day (Saturday probably), and I can't remember if you buy them that day or if you can get them online.

Unless I get lucky and happen to come across a 4 day membership and pay a more reduced price than $90. I guess I'll go post on the main D*C forum and see if anyone responds.
WookieeGunner ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I have heard (sorry always used a 4 day) is that you have to do the 1 day at the door because D'con has a fire marshall imposed cap so the single days are calculated on how many spots they have under that cap for that day.
wadeh13 (Wade Henry)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be there. Hopefully. Can't wait to see y'all there.
Yodafiend (Susan Nolan)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to stand in line for just a one day pass. But, if you're not going to any special events (just be in parade, walk around motels, 501st party, RL pic, etc) you don't need a pass. If you're in costume, no one is gonna bother looking for a pass on ya. You just won't get to go to Saber Idol (btw, Chris, do you know when that will be?), masquerade, etc.

I will be there the entire time. I have a room at the Hilton: checking in Thurs and leaving Mon. Never have stayed at Hilton but they are charging me $175/night + taxes so came to $201/night. More expensive than last year. I liked staying at Sheraton last year but it will be a lot different this year being official motel.

Also, does anyone know of any specifics for Rebel Legion.....manning a table, RL party, is official photo same as last year, etc? Would help to know some official details. I can volunteer for various things if know when and where.

Geez.....this will be my 12th year in going to DC. Makes me feel as old as Yoda Laughing Rolling Eyes Laughing
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yodafiend wrote:
Also, does anyone know of any specifics for Rebel Legion.....manning a table, RL party, is official photo same as last year, etc? Would help to know some official details. I can volunteer for various things if know when and where.
Check the DragonCon 2009 section here on the RL forums. They have days and times of the RL stuff that's going on. I know the parade is Saturday at 10:00, the RL photo shoot is Sunday (not sure of time...maybe 10:00), and the SW costume contest is at 2:30 Saturday. That's all I know.... Thumbs up
Cam R'Mala (Lamar)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Crazed-up" economy + being completely financially strapped + D*C's outrageous hotel and pass fees = No Campbell Family at Dragon*Con this year...

Crying or Very sad Neutral Crying or Very sad Neutral Crying or Very sad
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam R'Mala wrote:
"Crazed-up" economy + being completely financially strapped + D*C's outrageous hotel and pass fees = No Campbell Family at Dragon*Con this year...

Crying or Very sad Neutral Crying or Very sad Neutral Crying or Very sad
For real man, I feel your pain. That's why I'm only going on Saturday. And I'm just going to the "free" stuff (parade, 501st mixer, and just to hang out). We'll miss you! Crying or Very sad Oh crap, who will be the protector of our cookies now? uh oh You're our Official Cookie Keeper, Cam! Crystal from Ra Kura will surely steal all of our cookies now!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Bespin Base -> Bespin Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: