About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=e7c758eb36fc77e4c5c80539ee371f6bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

**UPDATE** Atlanta Symphony Orchestra event - 7/11/09
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Bespin Base -> Bespin Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Funky Buns (Daphne Collier)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kryy Jacobi wrote:
I'm glad it worked out for the ASO to ask us... y'all have fun and represent us well (so they'll ask again and I can do it next time Laughing)
We'll try to be on our best behavior.... Rolling Eyes Laughing
I'm taking some RL business cards to hand out to these guys. So maybe they'll call us first next time. Wink
D-Wan ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess I missed it as well. I signed up on this thread, but I guess I missed the official sign-up one Crying or Very sad . Oh well, it looks like it will be a great time. Dance Chewie

Knights of the Jedi Order
The Jedi Assembly
1 Thessalonians 5:14
"The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded."
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D-Wan wrote:
Guess I missed it as well. I signed up on this thread, but I guess I missed the official sign-up one Crying or Very sad . Oh well, it looks like it will be a great time. Dance Chewie
Yeah, it's kinda hard trying to keep up with both groups at once.
When an event has only "X" amount of costumers needed....they tend to fill up fast. There was an event I really wanted to go to, but it was filled up even before I got to read what it was all about. Rolling Eyes
Jarren Landcaster (Christopher Shore)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funky Buns wrote:
Kryy Jacobi wrote:
I'm glad it worked out for the ASO to ask us... y'all have fun and represent us well (so they'll ask again and I can do it next time Laughing)
We'll try to be on our best behavior.... Rolling Eyes Laughing
I'm taking some RL business cards to hand out to these guys. So maybe they'll call us first next time. Wink

I have mine still in my "jedi utility belt", or pouch...and have some of my tatoos

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We went, we saw, we conquered Cool We had just as much fun as the audience did. We had alot of 2-steppers and a heap of "turn around" photo-ops with kids and kids at heart. The best part of it all was after the final movement and we all went on stage for "the final pose" and the audience all stood up in a standing ovation. It was well worth the 2 hr drive and would love to be included again if there's a chance to go and do it again. ..... oh and hearing live was pretty awesome as well wink2

On another note, we did mingle with kids whom were wheelchair bound , not sure of their condition, but handed out our cards for them to call us for any fundraisers, parties, or other events they might need us for. Their handler/s were grateful and the kids were happy with the tatoos we were passing out.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bespin Base "taking the stage"

Jayne's photos of event :

http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff117/krkconsult/501st/Atllanta%20Symphony/Star%20Wars%20and%20More%2009/

Phrog (Beth Spires)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent work guys! Mr. Green

Way to spread the word about Bespin Base and the RL! Cool

Beth
Obaa-san Brenda (Brenda Sellers)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:45 am    Post subject: party Reply with quote

Looks like everyone had a blast. My daughter called me early Friday to ask if I was going (as we were down the road in Buford all week) and I told her I missed out on it. Maybe next time.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarren Landcaster wrote:
and the kids were happy with the tatoos we were passing out.
It was cute when that one kid kept asking us "Is this your base?" "Is this where you're from...Bespin Base?" I was thrilled to hear a kid actually knew what a base was. Awesome..... Mr. Green
They're having it again in March '10. You guys that weren't able to go.....mark it on your calendar...it is well worth it!!

Oh and Rebels out-numbered 501st again this time!!! Wooooooo-hoooo! Way to go Bespin Base!!!!!! woo hoo Dance Chewie Thumbs up rock pompom
Leia Buns Mara Jade Mara Jade obi 2 boushh
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember him . I told him that was the new jedi secret base mindtrick saber He and his brother/friend's face that was with him just glowed. "WOW" That was funny. The night was most entertaining, but just don't let Nikki and Daph hang out too long at the Stake N Shake. Just cant take them anywhere... Laughing poke

Yodafiend (Susan Nolan)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeppers, this had to be the best event I've ever been to. To be on and offstage, but up close, to the ASO playing John Williams, was the bestest and we all had goosebumps. The owner of Verizon said we knew the music as well as the orchestra!!!! And getting that standing ovation and the conductor bowing to us as well.....unforgettable!! Seeing all the happy kid faces (and adults), esp. the kid in wheelchair. When Chris said, "Let us know if you see Vader", and then Jeff coming up. That was one happy kid...
Thanks, Chris, for handing out all the RL tattoos. Thanks to Jane for all the awesome pics (and thanks Chris for posting site...I put them all up on my myspace page as well and wrote a blog about it). Maybe we will get some contacts from all the cards given out. I will def be attending in the spring. I heard from some ASO and Verizon people that they were quite pleased with our professionalism. It was so great seeing y'all again as well.

And, yeah, Chris, you can't take Daph and Nikki out in public together..lol!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Bespin Base -> Bespin Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: