About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=0ca8904e211e384ae2ae962dd6a7dd8dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Blasted Boots.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
padme911 (Becca K)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say to search for Equestrian boots as most jack boots are more suitable for X-Wing pilots(which come mid calf) as opposed to knee high which is what Han's are. I got a pair of black riding boots for my hubby for his Dooku and the cobbler is cutting them down and adding a zipper in the back seam to make it easier for him to put on. Another avenue to try is Dehner Police Motorcycle Patrol boots. Here is a good version:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RAVEN-Men-Motorcycle-HIGHWAY-Police-Patrol-Boots-BK-REG_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ65Q3a12Q7c66Q3a2Q7c39Q3a1Q7c72Q3a1171Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a0Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem518a2fca5aQQitemZ350210738778QQptZApparelQ5fMerchandise

All you need to do is cut off the straps and maybe have the cobbler alter them a bit to fit you. Amadalia
Assistant Captain of the Guard

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To help with the boots, the ones I have which go up the calves were bought on line. I would recommend getting the calf a bit larger than what you measure and also get gel pads to put in the boots as well. It will help during long troopings.

Here is the link

http://devonaire.com/productDescription.php?id=4252001113131&pn=825

Phoenix 17
padme911 (Becca K)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah those are nice and much easier to put on with the zippers in the seams(plus you can't even see them).

Amadalia
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe we need to change searches, I keep finding lots of 9.5 riding boots on the bay of E, but no 10.5's
SteveSolo (Steve Elliot)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would honestly go off eBay for searching. I had the exact same problem.

I went to this Devon-Aire to get mine. Here is the link.

http://devonaire.com/productDescription.php?id=4252001113131&pn=825

The boots are very good quality and will last if taken care of properly.

Any questions please let me know?

What is your boot size and calf size?

What is your price range?

What kind of boots are you looking for? Please describe how tall you want them and what features aka zipper etc..

Phoenix 17
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

padme911 wrote:
I would say to search for Equestrian boots as most jack boots are more suitable for X-Wing pilots(which come mid calf) as opposed to knee high which is what Han's are.

The problem is the height... but they are Jack boots. The other problem is your looking at the wrong type of jack boots, the boots need to be of officer grade. If you where not an officer you would end up with a typical grunt Jack boot. There where also boots ment for marching... this jack boot is a bit more in height, but would contain a horse shoe base heal, maybe even a toe click( depending if an officer). The boots Han wore where that of an officer grade. They would be much higher quality leather ( appearing smoother) and ride alot higher up the calf. Did you ever see an episode of Hogan Heroes.. or Stalag 17 ( the movie) take a look at the officers... boots will look strikingly familiar. They are very well documented as German Jack Boots. Riding boots can be used yes.... but that is not what was used in the movie... they where officer Jack boots.

If you want more info PM me, at this point I think we are beating a dead horse.

Bob
SteveSolo (Steve Elliot)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are lots of resources out there. Take your time, make the choice that is right for you and make sure they meets the standards

Phoenix 17
Princess Leia Organa (Lori)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are several good sources out there for Han boots. The purpose of this thread is to be helpful and give members a few suggestions/sources for appropriate Han boots not just one source. I think this has been accomplish for the most part. There is no just ONE place or source to get the perfect pair

nerftheherder ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an FYI to anyone looking through this post for boot info...
The boots from motorcowboy went up in price since I started this post.... They now cost 549.00. So if you were looking to go that route they upped the price by 149.00 bucks! Kind of a rip if you ask me!
As for me, I think I have found a pair... Now just to save the $$ Thanks for all the help. Hopefully this can be informative to whomever might be looking for boots!

"Never tell me the odds."
SteveSolo (Steve Elliot)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,

Thanks for the update info.

Phoenix 17
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: